winter special - ii

my roommate, my vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: been a bit since ive written but thought id do a quick edit while im taking some time off woohooo im glad there are still some people reading thing hahah i hope you enjoy it; definitely been feeling the drought lately but i still love them dearly. wishing our girls a good week bc in a few days its wenrene day <3

heres something a bit short, but going through some more lore and just wendy falling more and more for joohyun hehehe enjoy!

 

Joohyun stops in front of the church and looks up at the old structure. It feels like a long time since she’s stepped on holy grounds. Every time she does it is a different experience depending on the church. They're not too deep into the grounds but Joohyun can feel the tingling through the soles of her shoes. Joohyun is not a fan of sacred grounds; she always feels out of place. It's one of the mysteries she hasn't fully solved yet because her experiences vary so frequently. While she's one for research, there are limits to boundaries she can test. Especially when she's already died once, she doesn't look to do it again anytime soon.

“You don’t have to do this,” Wendy whispers beside Joohyun. “You can always come to dinner after.” 

Joohyun lets out a wry smile. “It’d be rude to decline an invitation at this point.” 

Wendy turns to face Joohyun fully and stares at her seriously. “Yes, but I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable. Plus, can you even go inside?” 

Joohyun confidently nods. “I should be able to. It’s been a few decades since I’ve tried, but not much changes with churches now do they?” She tries to be blaise about it but she feels anxious as the tingling starts to spread through her body.

Wendy has a bad feeling and frowns. “I don’t like this, Joohyun. It’s making me worried. You really don’t have to come in. It’s just mass.” Joohyun hesitates to decline because honestly, she doesn’t mind not going but she’s been invited as an extension of Wendy by Seulgi’s family. 

“It’s okay,” Joohyun tries to reassure her. “I’ll be okay.” 

Wendy stares skeptically at Joohyun. There's a sixth sense that she's developed about Joohyun since finding out about her vampirism. Or at least, the pieces of the puzzles have all fallen together and Joohyun is much easier to read now that Wendy knows her real identity. She can tell Joohyun is anxious, her whole body is tense, the aura wafts off of her. But she sees Seulgi and Sooyoung approaching them with her family in tow, which means their conversation has to end for now when Seulgi’s mother and father pull Wendy into a heartwarming hug and say their hellos and how are yous. 

Sooyoung takes the opportunity to talk to Joohyun. “Does Wendy know you’re not a fan of churches?” She stares at Joohyun, full well talking about their ‘condition.’

“She has an idea, but I haven’t discussed it with her,” Joohyun smoothly explains. Sooyoung purses her lips and is about to say something when Wendy calls them over to Seulgi’s parents.

Joohyun doesn’t hesitate to take her place next to Wendy and greet them. It feels a bit strange meeting Seulgi’s parents because both Wendy and Sooyoung seem to keep their eyes on her as she speaks to them. Joohyun just keeps her focus on the Kangs though, quietly observing their mannerisms and speech and picking out details that make up Seulgi. 

They’re a polite couple that are still loving after over 30 years together and they treat their children with unconditional love that has them both smiling constantly as they banter about who was supposed to help cook dinner but who was actually bad at cooking so they would’ve been useless. She can see that Seulgi’s been well taken care of, perhaps too much that she seems naive at times, but strong because of the love and support she’s received. Everything she's learned about Kang Seulgi and the rest of the Kangs hasn't stirred any doubts in Joohyun. Sooyoung is truly loved by Seulgi; her vampire child has found love. 

“Sooyoung talks about you a lot,” Mrs. Kang informs, catching her attention. Joohyun tilts her head at the sudden bit of information. “She says that you practically raised her and your youngest sister while your parents took care of the family business.” 

“Ah, yes.” Joohyun doesn’t know why but suddenly she feels strange being talked about when they usually live such separate lives. She glances at Sooyoung who smiles bashfully beside Seulgi. “Thank you for welcoming her.” 

“It’s our pleasure really, Sooyoung is a sweet girl and she’s very good to our Seulgi,” Mr. Kang adds cheerfully. “You did a great job steering her in the right direction.” 

Mrs. Kang nods in agreement. “It’s not easy when the responsibility falls on you to help raise your siblings but I am happy to meet you because Sooyoung loves you very much.” 

“Eomonim,” Sooyoung whines. Both Mrs. Kang and Joohyun turn to look at her. Mrs. Kang laughs while Joohyun realizes who it was actually directed at. She feels her chest tighten realizing how much the Kangs also love Sooyoung. It is, after all, what she deserves.  

“We should head inside,” Seulgi’s brother begins ushering the family into the church. 

Joohyun nods and watches as the family starts moving inside where the organ music is coming from. She watches as Sooyoung walks in with Seulgi, chatting away about dinner. The hold around her heart loosens and she feels a sense of relief as she watches the couple walk in with the family. 

Suddenly a warm hand slips into hers and she looks beside her to see Wendy staring at her with concern. 

“Let’s take a walk.” Wendy doesn’t wait for Joohyun to respond before she pulls Joohyun along.

They walk in silence for a little bit. It’s not uncomfortable, it’s quite peaceful because they walk away from the bustling sounds in the church. The tingling in Joohyun's body starts to go away and she feels like she can breathe peacefully. 

"So tell me the truth, can you enter a church? Or any other sacred ground for that matter?" Wendy asks to break the comfortable silence. 

Joohyun chuckles at how astute Wendy's observations are. "I can because most of them are welcom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter