winter special - iv

my roommate, my vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: first off THANK YOU FOR THE FEATURE EVERYONE WOW I HAVENT BEEN AROUND AND I SAW PRETTY LATE AND JUST APPRECIATE ALL THE VOTES secondly i miss writing a lot and luckily i had this in my drafts for awhile, life has been....hectic and finding time to write has been slim but i wanna keep promising myself that i will write a little bit everyday - honestly i may start a new story to shake off the writers block but we shall see i have some projects that ive been sitting on for awhile that i can probably post 

anyway heres to our lovely human/vampire couple again and a bit of their relationship growing some more next chapter i believe will start our maknae yeri coming through to visit hehehe

 

They were watching TV together--at least, that’s what they were supposed to be doing when Joohyun decides to bring her laptop down because she needed to respond to an email. However, one email turned into an hour of research and endless typing that started to annoy Wendy.

Wendy doesn’t mean to be annoyed because both of them are preparing for the upcoming year. Joohyun has been preparing notes for her PhD and lectures for her professor, while Wendy has been studying endlessly. Her brain is tired, which is why she wanted to just rest and watch TV. But seeing Joohyun work makes her want to be productive as well even though she's been meaning to catch up on this drama. 

Wendy remains steadfast because she knows what’s best for herself. She needs a break. And she can’t do it while Joohyun is around doing work. When Joohyun works, she gets really deep into it when left to her own devices. She wants to do nothing together, not this "nothing" and "something" at the same time. How can she enjoy her show and nitpick details with Joohyun when Joohyun has her face buried in her research? How can she comment without disturbing her working girlfriend?

Wendy hates the feeling she has not having Joohyun's attention. She doesn’t want to be needy and settles on going back to her room, where she can rot in bed, enjoying her drama in work free peace. She’ll get over her feelings after a good night's sleep.

So she cleans up the snacks and drinks she’s got piled on the table before grabbing Joohyun a fresh can of blood to drink. Joohyun doesn’t notice what’s going on until Wendy kisses her temple. 

“Oh? I thought you were watching TV,” Joohyun finally snaps out of her focus.

“I was,” Wendy answers with a thin lipped smile. She turns around to the direction of her room. She doesn’t say anything else because it’d be a dead giveaway that she’s annoyed. 

Except she doesn’t have to say anything. 

“Wait,” Joohyun reaches for Wendy’s hand before she gets out of reach. “What’s wrong?” 

“Nothing’s wrong.” Wendy pretends to yawn. “I’m just going to sleep early.” 

Joohyun tilts her head knowingly at Wendy. “Something’s bothering you. Your heart is pounding in your chest and you keep holding your breath before you speak to me.” 

Wendy curses her physiological responses but also Joohyun for being able to pick up on it like she’s Sherlock Holmes or something. 

“Talk to me,” Joohyun says, tugging her hand gently to stand before her. “What’s bothering you?”

Wendy shrugs like it’s no big deal. “I’m tired. I just need some sleep.”

Joohyun purses her lips, brows knitted with concern. “I’ll finish this up and I’ll come upstairs.” 

“No, it’s okay, you can keep working,” Wendy insists, trying to be understanding even though she really wants to tell Joohyun to just take a break. She unconsciously lets out a small sigh that she knows Joohyun catches. She tries to slip her hand out of Joohyun’s hand to make her getaway but Joohyun doesn’t let go. 

“Seungwan,” Joohyun calls softly, shifting the laptop onto the coffee table. She draws Wendy closer. 

“Joohyun, it’s really fine,” Wendy protests even though she lets herself get pulled by Joohyun until she’s sitting on her lap. 

“Saying it’s fine, really means it isn’t.” 

Wendy lets out another sigh. “Well it is to me.” Joohyun wraps her arms around Wendy and Wendy automatically removes Joohyun’s arms around her before standing up. “Good night.” She leans down to kiss Joohyun’s temple again and makes her quick getaway.

Wendy doesn’t go to sleep. She’s still awake because she hasn’t melted her brain into her textbooks today. So instead, she has her headphones on watching dramas in the dark wrapped up in her blankets. It also feels weird not having Joohyun next to her, but maybe it’s good that she’s sleeping in her bed alone for once. 

After about a half hour, the notification banner comes down saying she has a text from Joohyun. 

Wendy is confused as she presses the message. Joohyun never texts her when they’re both in the condo. Hell Joohyun never has her phone on her when she’s home. 

Joohyun: Can I come in? 

Another message comes in just as she opens the messaging app. 

Joohyun: I can hear your drama

Wendy: Don’t you have work to do?

Joohyun: I can’t work when you’re bothered

Joohyun: It’s making me anxious that I’ve done something wrong

Wendy takes a deep breath and holds it before exhaling, trying to see if she can regulate her heart rate and breathing so Joohyun drops it. She coun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter