chapter 4

my roommate, my vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n i know that i should be sleeping but also im a night owl, literally a productive person at night, which is bad bc on my days off i dont get much sleep -- ANYWAY not going to complain about that. i had to update this part and i realise the story is getting longer than it originally is, which is probably good for you all hahah just startling for me bc it was already pretty long BUT anyway, more introduction of characters and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do bc they do show up later and FORREAL before anyone asks i have yerim showing up but not in this part - later later on bc she's off being yeri and amazing elsewhere. the core story like i said of this is for wendy and irene to fall in love with each other *wendy simping sticker*

 

Wendy cannot believe her eyes. The new apartment is spacious and gorgeous. It looks crazy expensive with its completely new furnishing and amenities like a fireplace? How can one have a whole fire place in their apartment? Not only that but there are two bedrooms. The master bedroom is probably the size of their previous apartment. 

“You’re ing kidding me,” Wendy deadpans when she sits in their nice living room. The windows are big too and they can see the perfect night sky from the height of the building. “This is why you were able to drop me so fast.” 

Seulgi wrings her fingers after pouring Wendy a shot of soju. “Sooyoung said that this would be a great place for us.”

“How much are you paying for it?” Wendy can’t help but ask out of sheer curiosity. After all, two of them are still in school and Seulgi has been working on her art exhibition for months while doing commission work, which Wendy knows she’s too nice to overprice. 

Seulgi takes a sip of her soju. “Well…I’m not. And apparently Sooyoung isn’t either.” Wendy nearly drops her shot glass. “Her family owns this building and when the tenant moved out, Sooyoung begged her mother to have it. What with it being close to campus and convenient near a subway station.” Wendy’s jaw drops. “We do have to pay for utilities and the internet though. Not crazy expensive, but helpful at least.” Seulgi drinks her shot. 

“I had a feeling Sooyoung was rich, but this is kind of a different level.” Wendy looks around at the spacious dining area and nice kitchen. Even their living room has a huge 4k TV with a nice sound system.

“Don’t remind me. I’m worried if I ever meet her mother what she would think of me. I’m an artist from a middle class family.”

“Hey, now, why are you worried about that? You’re great to Sooyoung and she loves you a ton. I’m sure her family will love you.”

Seulgi shrugs. “I don’t know it’s just–she’s kind of evasive? She’s met my family and they all love her, but when I ask her about meeting hers, she has excuses. Or at least it feels like excuses.”

Wendy hums thoughtfully as she takes a shot. “What is she saying?”

“Just something about her parents are always busy with business. But then she’d complain about her mom nagging her about something related to the building that she needs to take care of or about her studies. When I ask if she’s in town to meet, Sooyoung just says she’s busy and has a weird schedule.” Seulgi shakes her head. “I might be overthinking it because it’s not like Sooyoung doesn’t also have an inconsistent schedule.” 

Wendy chuckles. “That she does. She’s a woman of mystery,” she teases as she pours Seulgi another shot. 

Seulgi is turning the meat on the tabletop grill they have when oil splatters and hits the back fo her hand. “Ouch!” She rears back and rubs her hand. “You meanie.” She flips the meat in frustration and turns down the heat. 

“Aigoo, aigoo,” Wendy coos annoyingly before clinking her glass with Seulgi. “Where is Sooyoung anyway?”

Seulgi takes the shot and chases it with a piece of meat. “She is working on a business proposal. Ha-ha–” She puts a piece of meat on Wendy’s bowl. “She should be home soon.” 

They continue to catch up and drink until Wendy finds herself a bit tipsy despite all the food they’ve been consuming. She isn’t the strongest drinker, so she slows down. She took plenty of shots earlier because she had a hellish time with her midterms and is now happy that they’re all over for the next month or so. She doesn’t remember or care to remember exactly while she happily munches on lettuce like a little hamster. 

It’s not even an hour later when Sooyoung shows up. She throws her backpack off her back with a loud thud, tosses her jacket off her shoulders, and kicks off her shoes haphazardly. She slips her feet into her slippers quickly and rushes over to the dining table with a folder in her hand. 

“Hi, my beautiful unnie.” Sooyoung makes a beeline for Seulgi, who doesn’t bat an eyelash as her hand closes around . Sooyoung guides Seulgi’s chin up so she can bend down to kiss her hungrily. 

Wendy is leaning against her fist, tipsy, but still disgusted at their excessive PDA. She throws a piece of onion at them. “Some of us are single,” she heckles with annoyance.

There’s a small moan that escapes Seulgi’s mouth as Sooyoung’s tongue very obviously delves her tongue inside of . Wendy laments to herself by eating a piece of meat instead. To an extent, she’s really glad they’re no longer living together because of that. And they’re always loud in the middle of the night—like go to sleep for s sake. 

“Hi,” Seulgi dreamily greets, “happy?”

Sooyoung her top lip before pulling away. She nods before handing Seulgi a folder embossed with a modest logo. Bae Construction. “I finished the business proposal like you wanted me to.” 

Seulgi smiles proudly and takes the folder from her. “There wasn’t really a rush. I just wanted to make sure you were working on it because you kept talking about it.” 

Sooyoung slips into the seat next to Seulgi. She wraps an arm around her waist as she picks up her chopsticks to eat. “But you promised that thing, so I had to finish.” She throws a piece of meat from the grill that’s just been sitting there for a few turns and moans in delight. “So good.” She smiles at Wendy and as a greeting she pours her a shot. “Hi, Wendy unnie. How was your midterms?” 

Wendy chuckles at Sooyoung’s good mood. “You are in such a good mood to ask.” 

Sooyoung is still chewing on the pink meat while she talks and pours herself a drink. “I am. I feel very accomplished.” She smiles at Seulgi and takes her shot. “Which means we are going to be drinking all night!” 

Wendy laughs at that. “Definitely couldn’t be me–I need to sleep.” 

Sooyoung whines. “Nooooo! You need to stay and tell us all about your roommate. You said you were living around here too! You have to update us!”

At the reminder of her roommate, Wendy feels the corner of her lips tug up. Joohyun would be awake right now, probably, most likely. It is nighttime. Of course, Joohyun is awake. Probably in one of her sweaters, hair tied up, big glasses on her face, studying hard or eating something with red flavor. Wendy can’t help but giggle as she sips her shot. 

“Oh my god! What is that look?!” Sooyoung demands as she stares at Seulgi for confirmation. 

Seulgi laughs. “Wendy likes her. Look at that.” 

Wendy sobers up for a moment to protest. “No! I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t like her! Not like that!” 

The couple laughs at her. Sooyoung demands she finishes her drink and immediately pours her another one. Wendy is already too tipsy to say no, especially when the alcohol tastes nice and sweet. Wendy smiles at the thought of Joohyun and her sweet smile. 

Why does my heart flutter so much?

The rest of her night is filled with more alcohol than Seulgi and Wendy can handle because Sooyoung is an absolute tank. But Wendy doesn’t mind it, as long as she gets to go back to her condo where her comfortable bed is. 

 

It’s almost morning, which means that it is time for bed. Joohyun feels exhausted at the end of her day. She wants nothing more than to have a nice soothing shower, get into her silk pajamas, and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter