chapter 16

my roommate, my vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: everyone thank coke_zero for commenting thats why i was holding these last two chapters hostage LOL so welcome back and i know you have a ton of questions probably

first: we are ending next chapter - this is slice of life, so end of part 1 will be chapter 17 i hope when i have time/inspiration that i'll be able to add more to this series - they might be goofier or nongruent to the story but it is slice of life. i know the backdrop is pretty angsty with joohyun being a vampire and wendy being a human, but it makes for slapstick down the road and i know you guys trust me so keep trusting me - if anyone's relationship is always in the danger zone its clearly joygi's....AHEM moving on

second: all i have to say is welcome to the maknae-mess universe, i hope you guys have seen some easter eggs, if scenes are familiar i've totally written them before in other stories bc that's how consistent our wenrene is and yeah...i do have You're a Reason to get back into so that'll come out before bae's 

moving on from this chaotic a/n thanks for reading, see you in this chapter and i will def finish the next update before comeback! 

don't forget to comment so i know everyone's gotten a chance to read and then we can move onto the next chapter together woohoo! 

 

 

Their escapade doesn’t stop on the couch. Joohyun easily takes her up to the bedroom and rather quickly with her speed that it almost gives Wendy whiplash. Joohyun says she won’t do it again if Wendy hates it, but Wendy just needs more time to get used to it. If she got used to the electric purple eyes when Joohyun stares at her when they’re about to have , she thinks she’ll get used to the other things like the fangs, undead eyes, and many of her other abilities. 

Who knows what other abilities Joohyun has?

Wendy resolves to ask at a later time when Joohyun’s face isn’t between her legs, doing what she thinks is basically magic with her tongue. 

Joohyun doesn’t need to come up for air apparently and it takes a harsh tug of her hair for her to stop. 

Wendy must’ve pulled really hard because Joohyun hisses as she rears her head back. Her fangs reveal themselves. Wendy gasps and quickly lets go of Joohyun’s hair. 

“Thorry–” Joohyun shakes her head and her fangs away. “Sorry–you just tugged really hard so suddenly.” Wendy feels her knees shake at the image of Joohyun’s fangs, perfectly white, sharp incisors. She looks hungry and feral. For Wendy. Joohyun stands to meet Wendy. “Are you okay?” She cups Wendy’s cheeks, eyes searching with concern. 

“When I see your fangs, I just get—scared? But I’m not scared. I just–it catches me off guard and you look so–” Wendy feels the heat rush to her cheeks. 

Joohyun tilts her head at Wendy. A smirk forms at the corner of her lips as she lifts Wendy’s face to meet hers. “What?” 

Wendy can hear Joohyun teasing her already with that tone of hers. She blushes even harder, no doubt Joohyun can feel the heat rushing to her face. “Shut up…”

Joohyun raises an eyebrow. In addition to her smirk, Joohyun looks so annoyingly handsome. Slowly she smiles and her fangs reappear and Wendy’s mouth falls open in awe. Joohyun slowly leans in and pecks her bottom lip, fully aware of how still Wendy stays. She’s glad because she could easily nick her lip with a single swipe. She pecks her top lip and slowly pulls back.

“Joohyun…what are you–” 

Joohyun slips her hand into Wendy’s hair. 

Wendy doesn’t move, unsure of what Joohyun is doing. 

Should she be scared? Is she scared? 

It’s difficult for her to tell because she’s been aroused for a while now and her heart is tightening like Joohyun has a literal grip on it. A small gasp escapes her lips as Joohyun’s fingers tangle in her hair and not so gently tugs her head to the side. 

Then she feels Joohyun’s breath on her neck and her cool aura wafting onto her. It feels pleasant and delicious. In the corner of her eyes, she sees the glint of Joohyun’s fangs as she moves closer to her neck. The vague memory of a prick sends goosebumps down her spine and causes a small whimper to escape her lips. Her insides clench and she brings her thighs together unconsciously. 

Joohyun kisses the sensitive spot on her neck, where her jugular vein throbs at her neck. It was never noticeable, but at this moment, it feels like Joohyun knows exactly where the blood flows. 

“You’re not scared, Seungwan-ah,” Joohyun whispers, low and husky. She whispers into her ear. “You’re excited.” 

“Mm?” 

Joohyun lets out a low chuckle and kisses her neck. Wendy can’t suppress the soft moan because of Joohyun's cool lips against her neck and the soft flat plane of her fang. “There is a very fine line between fear and arousal. You think you’re scared, but I can tell by the way you smell, you’re aroused.” 

Wendy blushes as she self reflects. The tension in her body is in anticipation for what’s to come. She doesn’t intend to run, she intends to submit. And the heat that pools in her belly manifests in the wetness between her thighs. “I didn’t know–oh my god,” she leans forward to hide her face against Joohyun’s shoulder. “I’m so embarrassed!” 

Joohyun pauses for a brief moment, startled by Wendy’s reaction. A small chuckled comes out of her lips as she pulls the young woman into a hug. “It’s okay. It’s not a bad thing. People have kinks all the time.” 

Wendy whines and buries herself into Joohyun’s shoulder. It’s very cute that Joohyun feels her heart jump. “I feel like this is a very specific kink and I have it because it’s you.”

Joohyun hums thoughtfully. “Hmmm…I don’t think so. You definitely have a biting kink after what I woke up to in Jeju.”

“Shut uuuup!” 

“Honestly, I thought you were a vampire. You just bit harder and harder as you rode my fingers—”

Wendy has enough and she pulls back to cover Joohyun’s mouth. “Another word about it and I’m going back to my room.” Joohyun rolls her eyes and nods once before Wendy pulls her hand back slowly.

“Being rough is your other kink,” Joohyun immediately expresses. “You really like to take charge and force me into the bed—”

Wendy turns beet red and pushes Joohyun aside to make her escape from Joohyun’s bathroom. Cupping her hands over her ears and petulantly blabbering so she doesn’t hear what else Joohyun has to say. Even if it is accurate. “You don’t need to expose me!” 

“It’s okay to have kinks, Seungwan!” 



 

“What time is it?” Wendy murmurs as she rubs her eyes. 

“5:20am,” Joohyun whispers as she slips under the covers beside Wendy. 

“Where’d you go?” 

“I was playing games with Yeri.”

“She’s in California,” Wendy notes, furrowing her brows. “Isn’t it one in the afternoon over there?” Joohyun grunts in affirmation before she pushes a little at Wendy to shive over. Despite being disgruntled, Wendy does it anyway. Joohyun slips her arm underneath Wendy’s neck and Wendy is about to complain. 

“I want to hold onto you as I fall asleep.” There’s an apology in Joohyun’s voice.

Wendy’s heart flutters before she cuddles into Joohyun’s side and feels Joohyun’s arm wrap around her shoulder. It takes a moment of shifting and settling before Wendy has her head on Joohyun’s chest and an arm across her stomach comfortably. There’s an audible yawn from Joohyun that signifies satisfaction. “Goodnight, Seungwan.” She mumbles before kissing the crown of her head. 

“Good morning, Joohyun,” Wendy returns with a yawn. Joohyun snorts quietly before settling again. It doesn’t take long before they both fall asleep. 



 

Wendy barely gets to sleep a bit longer when she hears a phone ringing. She opens one heavy eye to see one of their phones ringing on Joohyun’s nightstand. There’s no way that anyone is calling for Joohyun this early. Joohyun would probably have given them specific instructions about when she’d be answering calls. The woman in question doesn’t react to the ringing sound at all, in a deep sleep with an arm still around Wendy. 

Wendy internally groans as she pushes herself off of Joohyun’s chest before reaching over the woman with bleary eyes for the ringing phone. 

“Hello?” Wendy rolls onto the other side of the bed so she can answer the call. 

The loud and perky voice pierces through Wendy’s ear waking her up in English. “Hey Bae! You’re up early today!” 

What did she just call me?

Wendy is still rubbing her eyes to wake up as she asks, “I’m sorry, who are you looking for?” 

“Baejoo?” 

“Baechu?” Wendy asks in confusion as she tries to look to her phone for the contact. Who is asking for cabbage? The phone doesn’t light up quickly enough for her to see when she hears her name being called. 

“Wendy?” There’s a brief pause followed by indistinct chatter and giggles before the voice continues, “Uhm...I’m sorry, did I wake you up?” 

“Tiffany unnie?” Wendy finally recognizes the voice and sits up on the bed. “No, sorry, it’s okay. I was just getting up. Is there something I can help you with?”  

“I just wanted to see if you were available for dinner tonight,” Tiffany replies happily. The pep in her voice brings a smile to Wendy’s face. 

“Of course, I am. I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you last night.” 

“It’s okay, I’m sure you were busy,” Tiffany teases with a giggle. 

Wendy glances at Joohyun sleeping soundly beside her. She doesn’t know why she blushes but with Tiffany’s teasing voice, she can’t help it. “A little bit,” she shyly responds. 

“Well, get some rest and I will see you tonight for dinner,” Tiffany informs enthusiastically. 

“Yes, unnie.” 

“I will send you our address later today, okay?”

“Yes, unnie.”

“You don’t need to dress up, okay?”

“Yes, unnie.”

“And you don’t have to bring anything, okay?”

“Yes, unnie.”

“Except, don’t forget to bring Joohyun, okay?” 

“Yes--” Wendy snaps her attention to the phone. “Joohyun?” she asks quickly. 

Joohyun finally reacts, furrowing her brows before her eyes flutter open. 

Tiffany giggles. “Yes, Bae Joohyun. Don’t forget to bring her with you.”

“Wh-why? What?” Wendy stammers in a panic. Why is Tiffany unnie mentioning Joohyun? Joohyun slowly sits up, moving towards Wendy as she hears her name being called. 

“Because you’re picking up her phone.” Tiffany teases and Wendy instantly blushes, looking at the phone in her hand. 

Joohyun plucks the phone out of Wendy’s hand with annoyance. “She won’t forget. Goodbye, Miyoung,” she grumbles into the phone before ending the call. Wendy can hear the cheerful greeting from Tiffany get cut off. Joohyun doesn’t care though, putting her phone back on the nightstand before lying back down to sleep. 

“You know Tiffany unnie?” Wendy interrupts, pushing at Joohyun’s shoulders. 

Joohyun exhales, still eyes closed, and nods. “She’s my sister in law.” 



 

1. Tiffany unnie is Joohyun’s sister in law. 

2. Tiffany unnie is married to Dr. Kim

3. Dr. Kim, her mentor, is Joohyun’s older sister. 

4. Dr. Kim is a vampire. 

On the list of things that have happened, Wendy can’t tell which is the most shocking because each fact rotates hourly as they get closer to dinner. 

Luckily the stress causes her to stress bake. She was going to anyway, but she’s pretty sure this is the best cake she’s made in a long time. The buttercream frosting tastes perfectly and she wonders if it's because she was beating it really well with how distracted she was.

“Is this okay?” Wendy asks as she comes out of her room in a modest black short sleeved polka dot dress. She’s carrying her jacket and shoes as she tries to put on some lip gloss. Joohyun takes Wendy’s jacket and shoes from her so that she can easily put on the lip gloss. “Is that what you’re wearing?” Wendy looks at Joohyun’s outfit. Joohyun is simply outfitted in a tight pair of jeans and a tan and black colored block oversized knit sweater. It’s a casual look but it’s very much stylish.

Joohyun looks down at her outfit. “Yes.” She looks at Wendy’s worried face. “What’s wrong with it?” 

Wendy looks down at her dress. “I feel like I’m overdressed. Should I change?” she starts fidgeting with her dress. 

“You look cute,” Joohyun reaches out to rub Wendy’s upper arms to comfort her. “You’re worried about dinner.” 

“Of course, I’m worried!” Wendy exclaims. “Not only is my mentor for the last three years your sister, but she’s also a vampire. By the way, I still don’t know which is more terrifying, the fact that Dr. Kim is your sister or that she’s a vampire.” 

Joohyun chuckles. “Seungwan, neither is terrifying. Taeyeon likes you, otherwise you wouldn’t be her mentee. She doesn’t take to people often if at all.” 

“But it’s different,” she whines. There’s a huge difference now that she knows way too much about Dr. Kim’s personal life. They had a great professional relationship and now their personal lives are colliding in a very big way. 

“Why do you say that?”

“Because you’re not the one dating her sister!” 

Joohyun rolls her eyes at Wendy. “You’re worrying over nothing,” she brushes off as she holds up Wendy’s jacket for her to pull on. 

“That’s what you think,” Wendy throws back as she turns to slip her jacket on. “The only thing I was worried about for this dinner was making sure I brought something. But now I’m worried about making a good impression on my girlfriend’s sire.”

“Please don’t call her my sire,” Joohyun groans as she goes to the closet to pull out her long coat. “Sire is too formal and western vampires use it more to sound old school. Taeyeon is my sister and we are going to her house for dinner, this is not formal at all. Think of it like a double date.” 

“I don’t think you understand that it’s still terrifying to meet your significant other’s family,” Wendy argues as she slips on her cute loafers. 

Joohyun rolls her eyes and slips her hand into Wendy’s. “It is terrifying, but you’re not dating my family, you’re dating me,” she firmly reminds. “The only approval you need is mine.” 

Wendy’s jaw drops at Joohyun’s stern and confident voice. Her heart flutters. “Yah, do you need to sound so handsome?” she tugs at Joohyun’s hand with mock disapproval. 

“Why? Do you like it?” Joohyun teases, moving in close to Wendy. 

Wendy rolls her eyes this time and takes advantage of the proximity to lean in and kiss Joohyun’s cheek. Joohyun is actually startled by her boldness and stares at her with wide eyes. She shoots her a cheeky smile. “I like it a lot.”



 

Dr. Kim’s house is surprisingly a modest size home to Wendy’s surprise because she expected between Dr. Kim and Tiffany’s salary they’d have something a lot bigger. But Wendy can tell it’s newly built with a modern style, gray and square with strategically placed windows, and the garage is just enough for two cars. 

Tiffany is the one that greets them in a colorfully printed flower dress that reaches the floor. Her makeup is light but she still looks fancy as her eyes turn into crescents when she smiles at them. “Wendy! Irene! Come in, you’re letting the cold air in,” she ushers them in quickly. 

When they get inside, Dr. Kim appears looking as casual as Joohyun in her jeans and white button up underneath a tan cardigan. If Wendy didn’t know better, she would’ve thought her mentor and Joohyun called to coordinate outfits, but it seems both women’s styles are simple and comfortable. 

“Hello, Dr. Kim, Tiffany unnie,” Wendy bows, politely greeting them. Her heart is nervously pounding as she holds up the cake container for them. “I brought dessert.” 

Tiffany giggles at Wendy and takes the cake container from her. “I’ll go put this away. Dinner will be ready soon.” She heads back to the kitchen and yells back to her wife. “Tae, their jackets!”

“It’s okay, unnie, I’ve got it,” Joohyun waves off Taeyeon as she helps Wendy out of her jacket. She turns to the wall in the foyer and pushes it until it rolls open. She hangs Wendy’s jacket before taking hers off. 

Dr. Kim stands there awkwardly, looking between the two. “You both make me look bad,” she deadpans. 

Wendy blushes as she clasps her hands so they’re not hanging awkwardly at her sides. “Why do you say that?” 

“Because we bring gifts and don’t let her do anything,” Joohyun answers and closes the closet behind her. “Miyoung hates being a bad host.”

Dr. Kim just laughs as she holds out her arms to Joohyun, who immediately goes to hug her. Wendy is surprised to see it because she doesn’t think she’s seen Joohyun ever respond that quickly or happily for a hug. Dr. Kim is taller than both of them, not by much, but just enough that Joohyun looks like a young girl instead of a grown woman as she’s hugged by her. 

“It’s good to see you, dongsaeng,” Dr. Kim says when she lets go of Joohyun to get a better look at her. 

“Good to see you too, unnie,” Joohyun cheerfully says, looking at the older woman. “Marriage looks good on you.” 

“Well, Fany keeps me active,” she replies slyly. 

Joohyun actually blushes at the implication and pushes off the older woman. “Gross, unnie, don’t be like that. I don’t want to know.”

“Ah, don’t be shy, Baehyun,” Dr. Kim continues to tease, patting her on the head. “It’s obvious that you’ve been busy too.” Joohyun jerks her head away to stop her patting hand.

They both turn to Wendy, who has been awkwardly staring at their interaction. Wendy is so used to seeing Joohyun as the cool unnie with the top beauty, best profession, and high charisma, but here she is with her mentor being teased and blushing like mad. 

There’s a smirk on Dr. Kim’s face before she pushes Joohyun towards the direction Tiffany just went. “Why don’t you go help Tiffany? I’ll give Seungwan a tour of the house.”

Wendy’s eyes widen in surprise when Joohyun just nods and does what Dr. Kim says.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter