chapter 8

my roommate, my vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n i wonder if i should add slow burn to this at some point? bc we are rounding up on half way through the series and they havent even kissed LMAO and im not going to lie to you, they dont kiss until like chapter 12 or something...i forget hahaha im making my way through the edits so i keep jumping chapters. ANYWAY its monday for you guys right?....basically bc im about to go to work until monday :| 

the story is progresssssinggggggg have fun being frustrated *mwah*

 

Finals are finally over and Wendy can breathe. Honestly, the minute she steps out of the building after her last exam, she takes an inhale so large she doesn’t care that the cold air threatens to freeze her lungs and when she exhales, it comes out as a loud scream that startles everyone within 20 feet of her. 

To be honest, she should’ve done that when she was alone, but she could care less because for the next few weeks she can ease off studying and get some rest. 

But first, she wants to eat. Correction: she wants to gorge on food. 

Samgyeopsal. Tteokbokki. Galbitang. Kimchi. Rice. All of it. She wants all of it at the same time in . 

So Wendy makes a beeline for her favorite barbeque spot, shooting Seulgi a text to join her. Who knows when Seulgi is going to answer. Honestly, she should’ve texted some of her classmates to join her too but she doesn’t want to start worrying about what happened during the exams when she just got out. 

Wendy gets to the barbeque space and sees Sooyoung sitting on her own at a small table looking through a folder. 

“Sooyoungie!” Wendy greets with excitement. She can’t contain herself, she’s really happy that she’s free from studying. 

“Wendy!” Sooyoung looks surprised. “What’re you doing here?” 

“I’m having dinner,” Wendy answers cheerfully. “I just finished my last exam. Is Seulgi here?” She looks around for her best friend. 

“No, no,” Sooyoung quickly answers. “I’m meeting someone here.” 

Wendy quirks her head at Sooyoung because she finally senses the tension Sooyoung exudes. Not to mention, Sooyoung keeps glancing at the door. “Is everything okay?” she carefully asks the younger woman. 

“Yes, yes!” Sooyoung insists. She grips the folder she was looking at earlier tightly. “Are you staying here to eat or?”

Wendy stares at Sooyoung suspiciously and trails her gaze along Sooyoung’s eyesight. “Who are you expecting?” she questions with growing suspicion. “Why are you being sketchy?” 

“I am not being sketchy!” Sooyoung very obviously lies, her knee bobs unconsciously. 

“Sooyoung...” Wendy begins slowly, “who are you meeting?”

Sooyoung curses under her breath before standing up quickly to bow. "Omma!" 

Wendy is so thrown off by the sudden action until she turns around to see Joohyun behind her. Wendy’s jaw drops at the sight of Joohyun. She’s used to Joohyun wearing sweats and casual jeans and flowy tops and sneakers, not Joohyun wearing a tight black and white suit and tie underneath an expensive looking peacoat.  

“What’re you doing, Sooyoung?” Joohyun asks sternly. It takes her a moment to realize that Wendy is standing there, but she remains cool as a cucumber. “Ah, Seungwan, what’re you doing here?”

“You know each other?” Both Wendy and Sooyoung ask in confusion.

Joohyun looks between the two younger women carefully before she answers. “Sooyoung is my younger sister. Seungwan is my roommate.” She says it like there’s no room for argument. 

Wendy doesn’t think about it but she can see Sooyoung opening before Joohyun shoots her a look that shuts her up. Innnnnnnnnnnteresting. 

“Joohyun is your sister?” “Wendy is your roommate?” Again their questions come out simultaneously. 

Joohyun furrows her brows at the two women. Completely unbothered, she sheds her jacket and places it on the chair opposite to Sooyoung. “I take it you two know each other?” she asks, sitting down. She s the cuffs of her white button up underneath to roll up her sleeves, only ing her suit jacket. 

Wendy answers, “She’s Seulgi’s---” 

But Sooyoung immediately cuts her off, “Friend. We’re friends. I met Wendy and Seulgi during undergrad. All three of us hang out together regularly.” Wendy whips her attention to Sooyoung’s blatant lie. Sooyoung only looks to Wendy with pleading eyes to go along with her. 

Wendy feels immensely confused at why Sooyoung would feel the need to lie to Joohyun. Unless Joohyun didn’t know Sooyoung is biual. Sooyoung makes it pretty obvious on social media. Or unless Joohyun isn’t okay with Sooyoung being biual. Which would for Wendy too. 

“Okay,” Joohyun simply responds as she picks up a menu. There’s a relieved exhale that comes out of Sooyoung. Wendy sees the small smile on Joohyun’s face and she can’t tell what that means. “Are you joining us Seungwan?” 

“Oh, I wasn’t--” 

“O--Unnie, we were supposed to meet,” Sooyoung suddenly whines. “We are supposed to discuss my plan.” Wendy darts her attention to Sooyoung again because she’s heard the woman whine before but this was actually whining. 

Joohyun surprisingly chuckles at Sooyoung. “We can still discuss your plan. But it looks like Seungwan is also here to eat.” 

“You’re okay discussing business in front of her?” Sooyoung’s eyebrows match her pout at Joohyun. 

“Are you nervous to discuss your big business plan in front of your friend?” 

Sooyoung turns pink at Joohyun’s counter and holy , Wendy can see how they’re siblings. Especially because Joohyun shoots her a look as if to say ‘can you believe this kid?’ and Wendy fails to suppress her giggle.

Sooyoung looks betrayed at Wendy. “Yah, why are you laughing?”

“Because you’re so cute,” Wendy teases, earning a laugh from Joohyun. 

“Unnie!” Sooyoung exclaims at Joohyun. “Can we do this privately?” 

Joohyun shakes her head. “You called me here today. Let’s not waste more time. Seungwan, sit down,” she beckons to the empty seat beside her. 

Sooyoung complains until the waitress comes by, stopping to order. “Tteokbokki. Ramyeon. Yukgaejang. Galbi. Beef tongue. Thin sliced beef. Samgyeopsal. Three rice.” 

“Unnie, did you want anything else?” Wendy taps at Joohyun, who doesn’t say anything.

Joohyun shakes her head. “Sooyoung knows what I like.” Sooyoung preens at the comment.

“Is there anything else?” the waitress asks. 

“Two bottles of soju and beer, please,” Wendy answers quickly.

“How many glasses?” 

Wendy glances around the table. “Oh, did you guys want to drink?” Sooyoung hesitates, glancing at Joohyun. 

“Are you planning to drink two bottles alone?” Joohyun quips with a smirk on her face. 

“I just finished my last exam, of course I’m going to drink two bottles,” Wendy responds definitively. “This is what I came to do.” 

“Am I going to carry you home?” Joohyun narrows her eyes. Wendy shoots Joohyun a toothy smile that Joohyun rolls her eyes. She looks at Sooyoung before answering the waitress. “Make it six bottles of soju and beer. Three glasses.” 

Sooyoung’s eyes brighten at Joohyun. “Unnie, we’re drinking together? It’s been ages.” 

“You drink unnie?” Wendy asks curiously. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you drink. Other than your stash.” 

“Who do you think taught Sooyoung how to drink?” Joohyun wiggles her eyebrows. 

“Oh god, I’m drinking with heavy weights,” Wendy hangs her head in her hands. She feels Joohyun’s hand pat the space between her shoulder blades comfortingly. “Who’s carrying us home?” 

“I’ll take care of you,” Joohyun simply says. “Drink as much as you want. I just want to entertain Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung stares at her sister with wide eyes. There’s a look of adoration that Wendy rarely sees and truly, Sooyoung looks adorable. But it suddenly melts into sheer panic. 

“Ah, Sooyoungie!” an excited Seulgi appears from behind Wendy and Joohyun. Seulgi doesn’t think twice about rounding the table for her girlfriend, bending down to kiss her. Sooyoung panics and quickly turns her head so Seulgi kisses her cheek instead. “I thought you were meeting your mom about your business plan?” 

Seulgi takes off her jacket and waves her hand excitedly for Wendy to grab onto in response. “Hi, hi!” she greets happily. “Oh!” She sounds upon seeing Joohyun. 

Wendy has seen that look before, hell, she’s made that face the first time she saw Joohyun. She can tell when Seulgi finds someone attractive. 

Sooyoung grabs Seulgi’s hand and plants her in the seat quickly. “This is Joohyun-unnie. She actually takes care of the business in the family,” she quickly explains. “Unnie, this is Seulgi, our other friend I mentioned.” 

Seulgi looks at Sooyoung at the mention of friend and Wendy can see the concern written all over her friend’s face. Sooyoung can only look apologetically at Seulgi. Luckily, Seulgi takes it in stride. She doesn’t make a fuss and extends her hand across the table to Joohyun.

“It’s nice to meet you, Joohyun-ssi,” she says politely. 

Joohyun smiles politely, taking Seulgi’s hand. “Nice to meet you, Seulgi. And you don’t need to be formal. Let’s all be friends here.” Her words are kind but her tone is clearly testing. 

Wendy almost wants to say something, but refrains from falsely accusing Joohyun. She doesn’t want to spoil anyone’s mood just because she thinks she knows what Joohyun means. 

Seulgi nods politely in return but doesn’t relax as she sits back in her seat. She gives a tight smile to Sooyoung, but underneath the table, she squeezes her girlfriend’s thigh reassuringly. “So did Sooyoung present her business plan, yet?” 

“We’re really doing this here?” Sooyoung turns a bright shade of red at being under the sudden spotlight. Usually she doesn’t mind the attention but it’s quite different in this situation. 

Joohyun nods. “Let’s do it before the food comes,” she declares with a clap of her hands. And just like that, Sooyoung obediently nods, handing the folder with gold letters embossed onto it, Bae Con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter