chapter 2

my roommate, my vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: yall....i didnt even write that much and i got all those comments. im super grateful to see you guys excited for the story but pls! its just for fun <3 appreciate and enjoy your support. honestly felt bad everyone came out of the woodworks for the tiny opening that i forced myself out of bed so i can edit ch2 before i go into work for the weekend (plus im a bit sick again so i will def rest after this) -- have a good weekend and feel free to let me know what you all think! 

im actually super excited to share this esp with my friends, but with everyone else, i hope you enjoy this joohyun and this wendy a lot!

 

The night Wendy goes to pick up the keys, her palms are sweaty, is dry, and her heart is pounding all because Bae Joohyun. 

Wendy expected Bae Joohyun to look different in comparison to her gorgeous headshot on her profile, but she didn’t expect her to look just as pretty in her natural state. 

When she opens the door, Joohyun stands before Wendy in a soft purple loose fitted crew neck sweatshirt and black joggers with her hair tied up in a messy bun and big thin rimmed glasses. Her eyes look bigger than ever like an innocent doe as she registers Wendy’s appearance. The look steals Wendy’s breath because she’s just that pretty with her big brown eyes.  

“Come in,” she beckons as she lets Wendy into the condo. 

“Thank you, Joohyun-ssi,” Wendy automatically says as she follows the woman into the condo.

“You don’t have to be formal with me,” Joohyun says as she leads Wendy through the foyer which splits into the kitchen on the left and opens up to the living room on the right. “Joohyun is fine.” 

“Oh, no, no, I couldn’t--” 

Joohyun raises an eyebrow at Wendy that cuts to her core. Wendy’s sure she’s not trying to be y but she finds it extremely alluring with Joohyun’s small crooked smile at her. “It doesn’t matter to me.”

The fluttering in Wendy’s chest intensifies and Wendy stutters. “I couldn’t–we don’t know each other. And you’re older than me and my senior.”

Joohyun purses her lips and suddenly, Wendy finds her cute. “It really doesn’t matter to me. You can call me however you want. We aren’t even in the same field.”

“But we go to the same university.” Wendy is insistent. She grew up polite around her elders and during her years of training as an idol, she learned the importance of cultural hierarchy. She isn’t going to abandon it just because Joohyun is extremely pretty when she says it’s fine. Even if she’s close to. No, she can’t in good conscience.

Wendy frowns. “Sunbaenim?” she tries to bargain. 

Joohyun’s eyebrows knit together as if she doesn’t like it. Wendy is about to apologize but Joohyun waves her hand. “You can call me sunbae on the condition that you speak casually to me otherwise. We will be living together, so don’t feel the need to tip toe around me, there is plenty of space for the both of us.” 

Wendy presses her lips together as her brain tries to work that out. “I’ll do my best?” Joohyun shakes her head in amusement and decides it best to move on.

“I’ll give you a quick tour of the space, so you have a better feel for it.” Joohyun offers, turning sharply around for Wendy to follow her. 

There’s actually two floors to the condo. The first floor has the bedroom where Wendy is staying, and it’s just past the kitchen, which makes her really happy because she won’t have to cross the entire apartment just for a midnight snack. 

“Gas stove, double oven, fridge and freezer, pots and pans, small grill, you can use all of that. Cabinets are stocked with non-perishables and spices. If we’re running low on something, just write it on the shopping list on the fridge.” Joohyun opens the fridge doors and it’s relatively stocked to her surprise. “We can share produce because sometimes I’m not home for conferences or work meetings. If you have something that’s yours, just label it, I won’t touch it.” She gestures to the door that has a bunch of unmarked silver cans. “These are mine, don’t drink them.” 

It’s the only time Joohyun’s voice is actually stern and as much as it piqued her interest, Wendy quickly salutes with an obedient, “Understood, sunbaenim.” Joohyun’s eyes briefly narrow at Wendy before she turns around, the movement is sharp and precise, and leads them to the living room.

The windows in the condo are large, letting in a lot of sunlight but luckily the shades are drawn and Joohyun says she prefers it that way. Luckily, Wendy feels the same. 

Before the staircase, there’s a grand piano placed perfectly before the living room as almost an entertainment piece. 

“Do you play the piano too?” Wendy asks with big eyes. The grand piano is not a cheap model whatsoever and to have it casually is uncommon. 

“Mm. My older sister plays it more than I do,” Joohyun answers. “You said you play the keyboard. If you want to use this while I’m not here that’s fine too. It’s better that it gets put to use.”

Wendy hums thoughtfully before Joohyun leads her to the staircase.

Joohyun explains, “Please be careful crossing to the bathroom at night,” as she gestures to the couch, end tables, and lamps in front of the large entertainment system. “You can feel free to use any of these things whenever as well. If you have more to add, just let me know I can make space.” She leads Wendy towards the small hallway adjacent to the living room. “The bathroom down here has the laundry and the bathtub. If you have questions on how to change the setting, ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter