chapter 3

my roommate, my vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: i like leaving my friends with something to read while i am about to go study bc i won't be able to update forreal and i was feeling a bit better to edit more. i was going to say i dont like this chapter bc of the flow then i realise...its fkn slice of life - the flow is different but the story is still tied together

anyway more fluff and domesticity! and cuteness! enjoy!

 

 

Living with Joohyun is interesting to say the least.

When they first talked about their daily schedules, Wendy didn’t realize how out of sync they were with each other.

At first it didn’t really seem like a big difference, but after almost a month, Wendy realizes she hasn’t seen her roommate since she first moved in.

 

It’s almost 3am when Wendy needs to use the bathroom. Instead of studying in the library like she usually does, she wants the comfort of her bed nearby so she can take power naps to get through all of the material she needs to prepare for her test after rounding with Dr. Kim. As smart as she is, there’s no escaping the brutal quizzes Dr. Kim gives out. Then again being able to withstand the woman in the OR is why she is one of three mentees that Dr. Kim has ever shown any likeness towards.

Wendy gets outside of her room when she hears the turning of the lock to the condo. Her spidey senses are activated immediately because the entire condo is dark, as she expects it to be at night, so she doesn’t know who could possibly be coming in and out at this hour.

The small above the foyer doesn’t turn on and Wendy holds her breath. She stares as the light from the hallway outside the condo floods into the apartment and the shadow forms a familiar figure she recognises as Joohyun.

A huge relieved sigh escapes her lips.

“AHHHH!” A high screech fills the air as Joohyun slams into the foyer wall holding her hand over her heart.

Wendy also screams in surprise at Joohyun’s surprise.

Joohyun slaps the light on to the kitchen and foyer and stares at Wendy with big eyes, still pressed against the wall as she tries to catch her breath. “What are you doing lurking around at this hour?!”

“I just wanted to use the bathroom!” Wendy exclaims, still surprised at Joohyun’s shock. “How did you even know I was here, sunbaenim?”

“I heard you breathing! It caught me off guard!”

Across the condo, crossing the entire space between the kitchen, the kitchen itself, to Wendy’s doorway, is a surprising amount of distance. Wendy is surprised that Joohyun even heard her breathe from so far away.

Joohyun stands up right and enters the condo, shutting the door behind her. She catches her breath and sighs. “You’re not usually up this late. What are you doing awake at this hour?”

“I was studying,” Wendy answers as she makes her way across the kitchen. “And like I said, I needed the bathroom.” She tries to calm her racing heart as she approaches Joohyun. “Sorry for startling you and the yelling.” She bows her head as she passes.

“It’s okay.” Joohyun takes her shoes off and neatly sets them on the rack before hanging her jacket in the closet. “I’m sorry for yelling at you. I was startled. Not used to anyone else being awake at this hour.”

“Do you only ever work at night?”

“Yes.” Joohyun still has her backpack slung over her shoulder as she walks to the kitchen. She pulls out a silver can from her stack.

Wendy wants to inquire more, but Joohyun doesn’t seem interested in giving a response. And she still really needs to pee. “Excuse me, sunbaenim!” She rushes the rest of the way to the bathroom to relieve her bladder.

Wendy forgets that they’ve upgraded to text message since moving in together because of how little they’ve needed to talk to each other. While it’s dissimilar from her previous living situation, her roommate having been her best friend, Wendy isn’t bothered by it because she has a lot to study for at the moment. She doesn’t bother Joohyun and Joohyun isn’t bothered by her.

Joohyun sunbaenim: I’m sorry for my tone of voice

Wendy: Oh? It’s okay, sunbaenim! I didn’t mean to startle you.

Joohyun sunbaenim: Are you going to sleep soon?

Wendy: I still have a few things to study so I will be up for a little longer. Will you be sleeping soon?

Joohyun sunbaenim: Nope.

Joohyun sunbaenim: If that’s the case, I am going to start my laundry.

Wendy: At 3am?

Joohyun sunbaenim: I am still awake and it won’t bother you for me to run the machine at this hour.

Wendy: You should sleep soon too, sunbaenim.

Wendy: Not that I am telling you what to do. It is just late and I’m sure you had a full day.

Joohyun sunbaenim: Thank you for your consideration, but I am more productive at night. There’s a lot I have to do for work.

Wendy: If that’s the case, fighting! I am already tired, but I have a lot to study.

Joohyun sunbaenim: Ah, if you are going to rest, I won’t do laundry now.

Wendy: No, no! It’s okay, sunbaenim. Really, please do what you want to. I will probably sleep like the dead after this so I won’t be bothered.

Joohyun sunbaenim: You sure?

Wendy: Absolutely

Joohyun sunbaenim: Alright I’ll be doing that now and stop bothering you

Joohyun sunbaenim: Enjoy your studying

Wendy chuckles to herself because who ever actually enjoys studying? Maybe Joohyun does that’s why she has such an extensive academic background. She sends back a thank you and a sticker of a hamster falling asleep. Joohyun doesn’t respond anymore but she sees the light under her doorway of the kitchen. Joohyun is super quiet, it’s hard to believe that she would think that it’d be bothersome to Wendy.

Wendy stretches her arms over head before diving back into her studies. Just as the sun starts to rise, she thinks it’s late enough and abdominal aortic aneurysms can wait until later. Her head hits the pillow and she thinks that she hears Joohyun calling her name, but she’s already falling asleep.

 

Wendy is freaking out. Absolutely scrambling around her room wondering where the hell her badge and lucky scrub cap are. She had slept in much longer than she intended.

Her class starts at noon but she has to go immediately to the hospital right after. She is in a disarray when she thought she had prepared everything for the day, but when she doesn’t see her badge, she knows she only imagined preparing things.

Then a lightbulb goes off in her head.

She is literally the worst roommate ever.

Seulgi had complained about this once or twice too about how when she starts to study she gets completely wrapped up and forgets what’s going on around her. She had started laundry but she never finished it. So her scrubs were still in the dryer.

And her roommate had wanted to do laundry earlier.

God, I’m so ing horrible. Joohyun sunbaenim is going to kill me.

She rushes to the bathroom, fully expecting to find her laundry back in her basket sitting there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter