chapter 7

my roommate, my vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: welcome back! lol i love all of your growing frustration over this series and how seungwan just cant seem to pick up on joohyun's vampirism - trust me eventually she will and she will probably act...unexpectedly? our girl is seriously smart and youd be surprised how the mind kind of works. that aside i know people want some joohyun perspective and originally it was never written with any joohyun focused scenes (alot of them were just in my head, but as i edit these ive been kind of giving more perspective) maybe as the story continues to progress there will be some joohyun perspective? hahah most of it will still def be from what wendy learns for sure - i mean as an audience you guys already have one over her with the whole vampire thing, so its only fair if i gatekeep joohyun from yall -- that way you fall for her as much as wendy does hehehe

aLSO like i said i wrote this back in 2020, so i hadnt ever seen wendy at that point - i forgot to mention that the wendy i imagine is platinum blonde wendy actually UNTIL milky way comeback so in part 1 of this story she's blonde but in part 2 she eventually goes back to that brown hair <3 so bear with me lol i was editing and i realised i never mentioned that little tidbit

 

It’s exam week and because it’s been cold and snowy, Wendy tries to spend as much time in one space as possible, which is how she ends up practically living in the study rooms of the library. It kind of that she hasn’t been home much all week (only stopping by to sleep for a few hours and eat) because that means she hasn’t seen Joohyun. She actually wonders how Joohyun is doing because even before finals week Wendy could hear Joohyun pacing about the top floor of the apartment late at night. She must be getting as little sleep as Wendy is.

Wendy has been studying for hours. She wants to go home but can’t bring herself to when she notices that it’s still snowing outside. If she goes home now, she’ll only want to sleep and she can’t when she still has to study surgical techniques. 

She crosses her legs in the small seat and stretches her arms up in the sky before diving back in. It’s not long before she’s engrossed in her case study only to be interrupted by the tapping at her window. She quickly looks up and sees her best friend smiling at her. 

“Seulgi!” Wendy almost falls over, uncrossing her legs to stand. 

Seulgi creeps into the room with a smile on her face. She’s barely recognizable at this hour because she looks exhausted in her pajamas and long coat. “Why are you still here?” 

Wendy looks at the clock and it’s half past midnight. “I should be asking you that. You’re not a student anymore.” 

“I came to pick up Sooyoung,” Seulgi informs as she pulls out her phone. 

“Sooyoung is studying? I thought she hated studying.”

“She does, but she’s been complaining about needing to pull up her grades.” Seulgi sighs as she checks her messages. “She said she’d be here, but I can’t find her.” 

“You’re such a good girlfriend, picking her up in the dead of night,” Wendy teases, earning a blush from Seulgi. 

“If I didn’t pick her up, I’d never get sleep,” Seulgi reasons. 

“Don’t you mean, she’d never get sleep?”

Once again, Seulgi blushes because she’s known for being super independent for the longest time, but it turns out having Sooyoung for a girlfriend brings out her clingy side. It’s sweet. Wendy giggles at her best friend. 

“It’s hard to sleep when she’s not home,” Seulgi tries to brush off casually. “It’s dangerous for a pretty girl to be walking home alone at night.” 

“Yah, when did you start sounding greasy?” Wendy exclaims in shock at her best friend.  

“I learned it from you.” Seulgi has a eating grin on her face. 

Wendy rolls her eyes. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she denies. “I have not been greasy in ages.”

“Because you spend all your time buried in medicine instead of seeing your best friend.” 

“The last time I saw you and Sooyoung, I got so drunk that my roommate had to hold my hair back and take care of me during my hangover.” 

“Aw, poor baby,” Seulgi mocks as she leans over the desk to pat Wendy’s head. Wendy bats her hand away with annoyance. “It’s not like you didn’t like it. You keep telling us how pretty and kind your roommate is. Speaking of which, you haven’t invited us over to visit yet.” 

“Sorry, I’ve been drowning in study. I’ll talk to my roommate and see when it’s good to have people over. She works late hours so she sleeps during the day often, so I don’t want to bother her.” 

Seulgi nods, understanding. “Sooyoung is sometimes like that. She likes sleeping until sundown when she’s not working, but then she keeps me up all night.” Wendy scrunches up her face at her best friend’s choice of words and it takes a moment for Seulgi to realize how that sounds. “Yah! Not like that!” She reaches over to smack Wendy again. “Don’t be gross, it’s so embarrassing!” 

Wendy slaps at Seulgi’s hands in return. “It’s not like that all the time you mean,” she teases. “Because I’ve heard you two when we were living together. And I am glad we are no longer living together.”

Seulgi’s slap turns into a light jab that has Wendy falling back in her seat. 

“Shh, it’s a library.” 

Both of them quickly turn to the voice in the doorway and sees Sooyoung looking beautiful as ever with her red lips and round eyes. She looks more awake than either one of them as she steps into the room. 

“How did you find me?” Seulgi asks as Sooyoung slips her arms around her waist and kisses her cheek before dropping her chin on Seulgi’s shoulder. 

“I followed the sound of your voice,” Sooyoung practically growls into Seulgi’s neck. Even at this hour, Sooyoung is more sultry than ever. 

“Ew, you two, I’m trying to study,” Wendy groans when she sees Seulgi bite her lip and Sooyoung nuzzles her neck. “You’re so cute. Get out of here and leave me alone.” 

“Sorry,” at least Seulgi apologizes. 

Sooyoung, on the other hand, picks up her head and shoots Wendy a smirk. “Don’t be jealous, Wannie. I could help you find someone if you’d like.” 

Wendy immediately shakes her head and makes a giant X with her arms. “Absolutely not. No more of your blind dates. They always end up awful.” 

“Because I thought you were trying to get laid,” Sooyoung defends. “Personality doesn’t matter when it’s .” Seulgi slaps at Sooyoung’s arm around her waist and shoots her a dark look. “I love your personality, Seul. The is a major bonus.” Sooyoung waggles her eyebrows and Seulgi rolls her eyes. 

“It’s better for me if I actually like the person,” Wendy honestly expresses. Before she can get lost in her thoughts, she stops herself. “But why are we even talking about this? You guys should go home. It’s getting late and I need to keep studying.” 

“We should,” Sooyoung quickly agrees with a small whine. “I have more to study.” 

“You’re going to keep studying at home?” Seulgi asks, surprised.

Sooyoung nods. “I have to ace business management or my mother is going to terminate the deal.” 

“You actually listen to your mother?” Wendy is in awe at the woman who could make Sooyoung study because throughout undergrad, she’s never seen Sooyoung study.

“I want to take over her property in Jeju Island to turn it into a bed and breakfast,” Sooyoung explains, “but she won’t let me unless I finish this degree.” She whines into Seulgi’s shoulder. “I hate her.” 

Seulgi sympathetically pats her girlfriend’s head. “There, there. I love you.” 

“Your mother sounds strict,” Wendy comments, also feeling sympathetic but not really. “But it’s good that she’s challenging you to do better though.” 

Sooyoung frowns at Wendy. “All these years with my experiences and she treats me like a newborn.” 

“Well, you are younger than us,” Wendy says pointing between her and Seulgi. 

Sooyoung lifts her nose into the air. “You’re all babies to me,” she declares, sounding more haughty than usual. “I’m done annoying you, Wendy. Let’s go home, Seulgi.” She quickly grabs Seulgi’s wrist and drags her out of the study room. 

We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter