Chapter 11

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

Do not be afraid; Taeyeon kept saying it inside her head. The weekends have finally arrived and Taeyeon never felt so nervous in her whole life before. It was because the moment is here, the moment of her to know how dates would usually go. Well, not all dates begin and end the same but Taeyeon was curious to know how would hers will go. Will it be a good date? Will she messed things up? – Oh no, please don’t. Taeyeon shook her head as she shook the thought of ending the date with Hyoyeon looked regretful for asking her in the first place. She really hoped it won’t end that way.

 

Taeyeon paid the taxi fare and made her way inside the building. She tried her best to avoid the eyes that were on her and focused on trying to find her date for the evening. There was a standee of a creepy-like looking doll beside an empty bench that caught Taeyeon’s eyes as soon as she was inside the venue. She decided to take a seat there, sending Hyoyeon a text before looking around the place. It didn’t took Hyoyeon that long to arrive after receiving Taeyeon’s message. Taeyeon quickly stood up as soon as Hyoyeon was in sight, jogging towards her.

 

“Hey!” Hyoyeon panted.

 

“Hi.” Taeyeon observed the obviously tired figure in front of her. “Y–You don’t look so good.”

 

Hyoyeon chuckled in between her heavy breathing. “No, give me a minute.” She draped her hand on the latter’s shoulder. “I was waiting for you at the other side so I ran to find you as soon as you texted me.”

 

“Oh, you shouldn’t have run. I could wait for you.” Taeyeon slightly frowned.

 

“No,” Hyoyeon’s hand smoothly glided over Taeyeon’s arm and reached for their hand, holding it gently. “I wouldn’t want to keep you waiting.”

 

….!

 

Oh my damn.

 

That just sent Taeyeon some shivers down the spine. Even her face was slightly red by now. She could tell it by the way Hyoyeon flashed that charming smile at her. The worst – but probably the best part of it was Hyoyeon’s hand not letting go of hers when they started walking together deeper inside the theatre. Because of this, Taeyeon felt something was exciting her heart. Something like an electricity feeling. Perhaps, it’s love? No. It’s too soon. Or is it?

 

….!

 

Oh my damn.

 

“Do you wanna share a popcorn?” Hyoyeon’s voice snapped Taeyeon from thinking. “I–I mean, uh, if it’s okay with y–you?” Hyoyeon stuttered, her other hand shyly started to rub her nape.

 

Taeyeon was as nervous as she was. She only nodded in respond with a small smile in the end before both looked away as they exhaled heavily. Her heart was racing quicker than normally and it felt like a fatal heart beating the moment their eyes met again. She heard Hyoyeon called for her name seconds before she tilted her head to the side in which she was greeted with a smile.

 

“I–Is it okay if we, you know–” Hyoyeon showed their glued hands. “Stay like this until we get inside?”

 

“O–Oh, sure, I guess.” Taeyeon blushed. “But, um, my palm is–”

 

Hyoyeon shook her head with a smile. “It’s okay.” She tightened their holding grip. “Mine is sweating too.”

 

Aw. That was weird, Taeyeon thought with a smile. But cute the moment Hyoyeon faced the front again, now with slightly flushed cheeks that was telling Taeyeon that they were shy. Really cute. Adorable.

 

So far, so good.

 

Yup.

 

--

 

“Wow, if Yuri had come along to watch this, it would be priceless. Her reactions would be priceless.” Hyoyeon chuckled. “Hell, she might even pissed herself on her seat!”

 

Taeyeon laughed at it although she still doesn’t know who this Yuri person was. All she knew that they were a friend of Hyoyeon and this would be the second time she realized Hyoyeon mentioned about them. She shrugged off her thoughts easily when she decided to look at the time. This is the time where her sister would usually be finishing their classes by now. She decided to send a text to them, informing them that she was still outside whilst following Hyoyeon out from the building.

 

“Hey, since we’re nearby, would you like to grab a cup of coffee with me?” Hyoyeon suggested.

 

“Okay.” Taeyeon kept her phone once the message was delivered.

 

As they were walking along the pavement, Hyoyeon glanced at Taeyeon’s hand and casually grabbed it once she noticed Taeyeon was no longer holding their phone. It surprised the latter for sure and Hyoyeon couldn’t help but to smile at that. She shouldn’t be acting like this but how can she help herself? She never met someone like Taeyeon before and she would like to give it a shot with them. Besides, Taeyeon seemed to be liking it too. Well, on Hyoyeon’s perspective though.

 

But really though. Taeyeon was enjoying this bit by bit. There may still be those thoughts telling her that this won’t last long and such. But at this moment, Taeyeon just wanted to enjoy it. Much to Hyoyeon’s content, Taeyeon responded their gluing hands by giving hers a squeeze. They flashed smiles to one another until Taeyeon faced the front, her head hung low in embarrassment. Moments later, they entered the café together and took a table that was near to a window. Once they have ordered their coffees, it was dead silence as if a thick air of awkwardness just landed around them.

 

Should I go for it? Should I tell Hyoyeon?

 

Taeyeon gulped her nervousness and tried to gather her strength before she decided to be the one who should start a conversation.

 

“Taeyeon.”

“Hyoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter