Chapter 22

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

Taeyeon realized her little sister was no longer, well, little. She was still feeling uneasy when seeing Irene with Wendy, the ‘Seungwan’ her sister mentioned before. But it wasn’t because she doesn’t trust the girlfriend. Wendy seemed to be perfect partner for Irene – they do, honestly. It’s just that she was not sure if she’s ready to let go of her sister and become the second person that Irene loves the most. Although she has Hyoyeon now, Irene is still and will always be her first priority. It’s probably because they’re sisters who have been there for each other since day 1. The fear of losing her sister’s attention and love was something Taeyeon never thought she had before. Funny how it only made her realized about it when seeing the sight of Irene giving all of their attention to someone else.

 

“Do they make you feel uneasy?” Hyoyeon’s voice snapped her out from staring at the couple who was being all lovey dovey at the dining table.

 

Taeyeon heaved a smile as she held Hyoyeon’s hand that was hanging around her shoulders. “I’ve never seen Joohyun showering affections to someone else before.”

 

“Ah, so you are.” Hyoyeon pulled her girlfriend closer to her.

 

“Is it weird if I feel jealous towards Wendy?” Taeyeon asked as she eyed at Hyoyeon cautiously.

 

Hyoyeon flashed a smile. “Not really. Irene is your beloved sister after all. But I think I am slowly feeling jealous of her.”

 

“I love you.” Taeyeon confessed shyly whilst lightly patting Hyoyeon’s cheek. “But I also love my sister. In a sisterly way, of course.”

 

“Hmm. I’m sure this is how Irene must have felt too when we started dating.” Hyoyeon explained. “Probably, I mean.”

 

“I couldn’t afford losing her. She’s my only family.” Taeyeon leaned against them as they watched the couple from the living room’s couch.

 

“I assure you, Irene is not going anywhere without you.” Hyoyeon kissed her girlfriend’s cheek, hoping it could make them feel a little better. “Because you’re her only family too.”

 

Somehow Hyoyeon’s statement made her feel ease even if it’s just a little. Even if she would now be the second one in her sister’s eyes, at least she knows Irene still loves her just like how she loves them too. Taeyeon returned back Hyoyeon’s kiss to thank them. It was amazing how they instantly forgot what they were talking about earlier and was now in their own little world like the younger couple. But it didn’t last long. It seems like Irene was still being observant towards her sister after all.

 

“Unnies, we’re still here, you know?” Irene made the couple to part from their little make out session.

 

“We are too, you know?” Hyoyeon fired back and stick her tongue out playfully.

 

Wendy and Irene exchanged shy glances towards each other before Irene spoke again, “At least we managed to control our hormones.”

 

“Why you–” Hyoyeon attempted to throw a cushion towards the younger Kim but she heaved a long sigh before she stood up instead and gestured them to come towards her. “Let’s talk for a moment, Irene ah.”

 

 “Okay?” Irene looked at her sister in puzzled but Taeyeon only shrugged in return. She then looked back at Wendy. “I’ll be right back.”

 

Wendy smiled as she nodded in return. She then looked at Taeyeon when Irene and Hyoyeon went outside to the front yard, leaving them alone. “Uh…”

 

“Come here.” Taeyeon chuckled. “I finally get to talk to you since Joohyun’s been sticking with you ever since you arrived.”

 

“I–I’ve just came back from my vacation so we were talking about it. Sorry, unnie.” Wendy explained with her face giving an expression that she felt a little guilty. The older Kim was left alone at the living room earlier until Hyoyeon arrived.

 

“It’s alright. I understand.” Taeyeon said as Wendy took a seat next to her. “I didn’t have the intention to bother the both of you anyway.”

 

Wendy smiled. “You know unnie, Irene would talk about you from time to time. It warms my heart when knowing how much she cares about you.”

 

“And here I thought talking about each other to our girlfriends was forbidden.” Taeyeon recalled how she made a deal with her sister about not talking too much about each other since she always tell stories about them to Hyoyeon before.

 

“I guess she couldn’t help it.” Wendy shrugged followed by a laugh. “She really adores you, unnie and that’s cute.”

 

Taeyeon was somehow touched upon hearing their words. Though she was relieved to know that Irene still think about her from time to time, she fears that Wendy might get the wrong idea about them. “That kid. Tell her to stop talking about me and focus on you instead, okay?”

 

Wendy giggled. “I’ll try.”

 

--

 

The pair of couples went out for a double date at the park afterwards. Taeyeon and Wendy were already distracted by someone else’s pets as soon as they arrived there. While Irene was busy taking pictures of the scenery around them, she noticed an ice cream stall not too far from where they were. It seems like Hyoyeon noticed it too that she went to tell Taeyeon about it almost immediately.

 

“Do you want ice cream?”

 

“Ice cream?” Taeyeon’s expression brightened more. “Where?”

 

“Over there,” Hyoyeon pointed at the stall. “I’ll buy you one if you want. How about it?”

 

Taeyeon nodded happily that she gave Hyoyeon a kiss on the cheek out of excitement. “Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter