Chapter 16

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

It was just a dream; Taeyeon has been trying to console herself ever since she woke up earlier. The dream she had, it was surreal. She almost convinced herself that it was going to come true and she knows, Hyoyeon and Irene would be disappointed at her if they find out. But Taeyeon needed a closure and she will eventually tell them anyway. She sighed in defeat. Of course she has to tell them.

 

Taeyeon closed her sketchbook sadly when her younger sister’s voice echoed around the house, calling out her name. “I’m at the kitchen!” She made her presence known.

 

“Unnie!” Irene seemed to be disappointed about something when they walked in. “We ran out of fabric softener!”

 

“Joohyun ah.” Taeyeon whined, knowing that her sister was going to drag her to the grocery store. “But it’s raining outside.”

 

Irene hugged her sister’s arm stubbornly. “We have hoodies and a big umbrella, unnie. Or would you like to wear our raincoats?”

 

“The last time we wore our raincoats were back when we were in middle school, Joohyun.” Taeyeon sighed as she walked out from the kitchen with her sister in defeat. “I’m not sure if we still fit in them.”

 

“Then hoodies and our big umbrella it is!”

 

Taeyeon smiled when Irene gave her an affectionate sister kiss on the cheek. “We’ll leave in 5 minutes!” She exclaimed as the younger Kim was already running towards their bedroom.

 

“Copy that!”

 

--

 

Irene clung to her sister’s arm as they ambled in a walking pace on the damp pavement. Her older sister held the umbrella while she was carrying a plastic bag of her fabric softener packets. The rain wasn’t that heavy yet it wasn’t that light either but it was calm and cool at the same time though.

 

“Joohyun ah,” Taeyeon suddenly spoke, interrupting Irene’s train of thoughts about the weather today. “I have something to tell you.”

 

Irene gave an encouraging smile when her sister was looking at her with a concerned expression. “I’m all ears.”

 

Taeyeon sighed. “It’s about Hyoyeon.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I had a dream that she would leave me for another person.”

 

“And you think it’s going to happen?” Irene was amused yet her smile faded upon noticing her sister’s expression. “Do you, unnie?”

 

“It could happen.” Taeyeon frowned as she stared down on the ground. “I mean, anything can happen.”

 

“Unnie, come on.” Irene palmed her sister’s cheek, making them to lift up their head to look at her. “It’s just a dream. It won’t happen. Besides, didn’t you told me before that Hyoyeon unnie once said that she only has her eyes on you?”

 

Taeyeon remembered it clearly and now she’s all embarrassed upon reminiscing on the day they shared their first kiss together. She came home and told Irene all about it, making the younger one to almost cry tears of joy for them. Taeyeon even told about how curious Hyoyeon was on that day when they were asking for her sister. Irene was amused but she made sure to reassure her sister that they would never take an advantage on Hyoyeon. Like hell would she do such a thing to her dear sister? Although Taeyeon trust her Irene with all her heart, somewhere deep inside her thoughts, she would still think that it could happen someday.

 

Oh how she wish those thoughts would go away.

 

“Okay, maybe you’re right.”

 

Irene chuckled. “Not maybe but I am damn right, unnie.”

 

“Hyoyeon only has her eyes on me.” Taeyeon assured herself though it was embarrassing to say it aloud. “Only me.”

 

“That’s the spirit! But if she ever hurt you, unnie. I swear, she’s going to get it from me.” Irene threatened seriously and it scared Taeyeon how their expression could switched that quickly.

 

“I’ll make sure to tell her that.” Taeyeon nodded.

 

Irene’s expression returned back into a bright one. “Good! Now, have you told her about it?” She took Taeyeon’s sigh as a no. “Okay, make sure you do, unnie. So it wouldn’t bother you anymore and you would get yourself a pair of Hyoyeon’s lips to cheer you up.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter