Chapter 6

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

Was this a good thing? Taeyeon believed it was and this was probably the second time her mind was agreeing the same thing with her heart. Yet she was not really sure about it; even if it makes her to have a smile on her face. She rested her palm on her cheek while continued on to observe the newly handwriting on her sketchbook. Her broken pencil had already been sharpened and it looks good as new. But the pencil was not the case here. The digits that were written at the bottom of the message scared her. What was she supposed to do with it?

 

“Sketchbook aside. Dinner time, unnie.”

 

Her younger sister joined her at the dining table while bringing their dinner meals for the night. Irene saw how Taeyeon was sighing while putting away the sketchbook aside. Something is bothering her sister again. After serving the meals on the table, Irene took her usual seat across from where Taeyeon was and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand that was palming the table. When the older one gave the former a look, they sighed in defeat because she demanded an explanation aside from replying it was ‘nothing’. The younger Kim knows her too much.

 

“I met with Hyoyeon again today.”

 

Irene straightened her spine with a jolt. “Really?”

 

“Yeah.” Taeyeon nodded in agreement and grabbed her sketchbook again, flipping several pages over before passing it to her sister. “Take a look at this.”

 

“She caught you drawing her again, huh unnie?” Irene giggled and began reading the message at the bottom of the sketch. “Your drawing looks nice because you drew me.” She read aloud as her smile grew bigger. “She has a nice signature–wait, hold the phone. Is that what I think it is?”

 

Taeyeon lowered her head and stared at the bowl of rice of hers that Irene has prepared for her. That was definitely what Irene thought it was. It was a phone number – Hyoyeon’s phone number. Just as the moment Hyoyeon complimented how pretty Taeyeon looked when they laugh, she got a call and had to leave immediately. But of course, she wouldn’t just leave Taeyeon like that without a farewell. Perhaps her little farewell startled Taeyeon too much. It was all happening too quickly that Taeyeon began to think that she was now afraid of numbers. And that was the only thing she had in mind while she was walking home. What in the world is she supposed to do with someone’s number? Gave them a call?

 

“Unnie, give her a call!”

 

Of course Irene will say that.

 

“E–Eh?! Why should I do such a thing?”

 

Irene squinted her eyes at her sister playfully and also giving them a smirk before she replied, “Because that’s why she gave her number in the first place!”

 

“Really?” Taeyeon slightly had agape. Honestly, she knows the reason because Hyoyeon did told her to call her anytime she wants. But that was what made her confused. “But why did she gave me her number in the first place?”

 

“Ah, I nearly forgot that my unnie never experience love before.” Irene retreated herself from wanting to yell at the clueless sister of hers.

 

“As if you ever.”

 

Irene gave a smile afterwards when Taeyeon had that little pout shown to her. “We’re on the same page but I have knowledge of it while unnie only knows how to picture a couple together and call it love which is ridiculous.” She said, making Taeyeon to drop their shoulders in defeat.

 

They both know that was true.

 

Taeyeon knows nothing.

 

That was why she wanted to have the experience. So she’ll know.

 

“Unnie. If someone gives you their number, it means they have interest in you.” Irene said, letting go of her sister’s hand as to grab her spoon. “And when you give them a call means you have interest with them too. After the call, either one of you – in this case, she, Hyoyeon will ask you to hang out with her once again. Or let me just put this in one word: date.”

 

Taeyeon finally gave a reaction after listening to the person across her attentively. “D–Date?”

 

“Yeah. But of course, a first date is all about the so called beginning of a relationship.” Irene shrugged. “You either fall for them or end the love spark there after getting to know them.”

 

“Wait, how would you know all of these when you never even dated someone before?” Taeyeon picked up her fork and pointed it at her sister who was giggling at her action.

 

Irene stuck her tongue out before replying. “I googled it.”

 

“Eh?! But you don’t know how to use Google!”

 

“Y–Yah! Unnie! That was me about a year ago!” Irene blushed in embarrassment while she gave her sister a huff. “Let’s just eat already! I don’t feel like discussing about this anymore.”

 

Taeyeon slowly turned her suspicious look into a smiling expression. “Eat well, my precious sister.” When her sister looked at her again, Taeyeon flashed a little eye-smile for them before laughing it off softly. She made the younger one to sigh a smile at her.

 

“Give her a call when you’re ready, okay?”

 

“Mm.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter