Chapter 19

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

Curiosity overtaken Taeyeon’s mind when the sound of laughter coming from the room next to her was heard moments ago. Yet it was heard again the moment Taeyeon turned to face the right side of her bed. It’s almost 2 o’clock in the morning for goodness sakes. What is Irene up to at a time like this? Taeyeon told herself to do a quick check on the younger Kim if there was going to be another laughter from their bedroom. And it did happened again. She lazily made her way to Irene’s room and discovered that they were actually watching something on their laptop. Upon hearing the door of her room creaked opened, Irene turned around almost immediately with her signature surprised expression that Taeyeon thought was pretty amusing.

 

“Oh, unnie.” Irene subconsciously pressed the space bar on her keyboard to pause the video. “Do you need anything?”

 

“Nah. I’m just checking on you since you should have gone to sleep by now.” Taeyeon explained.

 

Irene almost gasped when she looked at the time. “Oh, I didn’t realized it was already this late! Did I wake you?”

 

“Also no.” Taeyeon replied as she walked towards Irene’s bed and tossed herself there. “I couldn’t sleep anyway.”

 

“You must have let your thoughts conquered your mind again. Come on, let’s talk it out.” Irene put her laptop away as she joined her sister on her own bed. “Talk to me.”

 

“Actually, I’m fine. My thoughts aren’t hurting me tonight.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Really? You’re not covering it up again, right?” Irene went to rest her head on her sister’s thigh and took her bunny plushie in her arms.

 

“No.” Taeyeon smiled. “I really can’t sleep but I’m feeling tired.”

 

“I’m feeling the exact same thing.” Irene yawned once she finished her sentence. “Or maybe it’s because I’m keeping myself awake because of Running Man?”

 

Taeyeon looked down at her sister with widened eyes. “Eh? You were watching Running Man?”

 

“What’s with the expression, unnie? I’m not that outdated!” Irene whined.

 

“Yeah, okay.” Taeyeon poked on the younger Kim’s forehead repeatedly, telling them to sit up as she wanted to get off from the bed. “Continue what you were doing then. I’ll go back to my room.”

 

Irene nodded in understood. “You don’t want to sleep with me, unnie?”

 

“Not tonight. I might as well be laughing with you until the Sun comes out.” Taeyeon said and Irene only laughed in returned. “By the way, Joohyun ah.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You’ve just discovered Running Man a few hours ago, didn’t you?”

 

…..

 

“Oh, I love you too! Well, of course I do.” Irene flashed a smile as she ignore her sister’s question. “Goodnight, unnie!”

 

It was Taeyeon’s turn to laugh in response. “Goodnight, Joohyun.”

 

She returned back to her room and checked on her phone that was charging on the nightstand. It was quite a surprise when she found out that her notifications kept on coming like crazy and it didn’t took her long to see who was responsible for it. Seems like it wasn’t only Irene and herself who is having a sleepless night. Hyoyeon’s online and she was spamming while whining about how she was having trouble sleeping. The messages kept on coming and Taeyeon realized the choreographer was ranting in their personal chatroom.

 

How cute.

 

Hyoyeon must have realized that Taeyeon was online after noticing that her messages have been read because she requested for a video call almost immediately afterwards.

 

“Taeyeon ah.” Hyoyeon appeared to be lying down on her bed while covering themselves with her blanket as soon as Taeyeon accepted the call. “Did I wake you up with my messages?”

 

“No.” Taeyeon shook her head and waved at the person from the other line of the video call. “I was having trouble sleeping too.”

 

“Did you thought of me while you were trying to sleep?”

 

“I always think of you though.” Taeyeon admitted out of the blue just like how Hyoyeon asked her all of the sudden. Damn, her cheeks are terribly flushed when she looked at herself on the small box next to Hyoyeon’s face. “W–Why did you ask?”

 

Hyoyeon laughed before answering. “No wonder I couldn’t sleep because I’m running in your mind.”

 

Even when she’s sleepy, Hyoyeon was able to pull off a cheesy remark like this? Oh wow. But Taeyeon was already starting to get used to it as they have been dating for quite some time now. She didn’t realized she had been smiling at her phone screen for too long until Hyoyeon called out for her.

 

“You really like me, don’t you?” Hyoyeon looked as if she was tapping her phone screen. “See? You can’t stop staring at me.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon covered her face as she laughed in embarrassment. “Y–You’re that captivating to me, Hyoyeon ah.”

 

“I know.”

 

Taeyeon giggled. “Joohyun is still awake too.” She opened up a new topic.

 

“Oh, she is?”

 

Taeyeon nodded. “She’s watching Running Man now.”

 

As if Irene knew that her sister was on the phone with Hyoyeon, her laughter was once again heard very clearly that even Hyoyeon was surprised about it.

 

“At this rate, she’s going to wake our neighbours. I swear.” Taeyeon shook her head as she sighed a smile.

 

“That kid,” Hyoyeon shook her head. “She’s not planning to sleep, huh?”

 

“Seems like it.” Taeyeon shrugged as she flashed a smile.

 

“Taeyeon ah.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I love you.”

 

….!

 

“W–Why the sudden?” Taeyeon had her eyes widened in shocked. She totally didn’t expect that. “Yah.”

 

Hyoyeon grinned. “Is it wrong for me to say it?”

 

“Of course no b–but–” Taeyeon covered her face as she let out a small chuckle. “M–My heart is beating like crazy now.”

 

“Don’t cover your face, beautiful.” Hyoyeon laughed too. “Come on.”

 

When Taeyeon showed her face again, she appeared to be pouting as if she was sulking. Sulking because her partner is making her heart beating like a maniac at 3 o’clock in the morning. Geez.

 

“That’s more like it.” Hyoyeon smiled. “Now smile for me.”

 

“You’re asking too much.” Taeyeon huffed the same time as she heard her door was opened. When she looked up, she saw a yawning Irene entered her room. “O–Oh, Joohyun.”

 

“Unnie, I want to sleep with you.” Irene said as she walked towards her sister’s bed.

 

“I thought you were busy laughing a few minutes ago, Irene ah?”

 

Irene shrugged her shoulders with a jolt, once again was feeling surprised. She then realized that her sister was having a video call with Hyoyeon. “Hyoyeon unnie?”

 

“Hi, kiddo.”

 

“No more Running Man?” Taeyeon asked as she brought her sister into a side hug in which Irene instantly snuggled on her sister’s shoulder.

 

“I forgot to plug my laptop’s charger and now I’m too tired to plug it to continue watching.” Irene admitted as she released another yawn.

 

The couple giggled at her. “Alright then.” Taeyeon patted her sister’s head before looking back at Hyoyeon. “Should we sleep too?”

 

“Can you?”

 

“I’ll try.” Taeyeon said with a smile but she instantly pout when her stomach made a small noise that Irene managed to catch that they laughed a little about it. “I hope you didn’t hear that.”

 

“Hear what?”

 

Irene pointed at her sister afterwards. “Unnie’s stomach is crying for food!”

 

“Really?” Hyoyeon laughed. “Wanna go to McDonald’s?”

 

“Right now?” The sisters asked at the same time in surprised. They saw Hyoyeon nodding and then looked at each other together.

 

“Can we, unnie?” Irene asked in excitement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter