Chapter 18

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

The Sun must have disappeared under the horizon by now since Taeyeon noticed the weather was slowly falling into night time. She returned back to her unfinished sketch and wondered what pattern would she chose for the random outfit she was drawing. She wasn’t the only one who was focusing on a task; her sister was with her too, trying to finish the crossword puzzle as they sipped on their coffee every now and then. The sisters decided to spend the rest of their Sunday evening at their usual café after a long day of doing chores at home. As if they were too deep into their relaxation and concentration, they weren’t noticing the person that was getting closer to their table step by step.

 

“Joohyun, do you think I should–Ah!” Taeyeon almost let go of her pencil upon noticing the familiar figure that was stopping their footsteps in front of the table.

 

“Unnie, what’s–Ah!” Irene was as shock as her sister when she faced the front. “Hyoyeon unnie?!”

 

Hyoyeon waved while flashing an innocent smile. “Mind if I join?”

 

“D–Don’t scare us like that.” Taeyeon said as Hyoyeon took a seat next to her.

 

“Yeah! We can’t handle jump scares that well.” Irene lightly patted her chest as she resumed her crossword puzzle.

 

“Sorry about that.” Hyoyeon laughed and looked at Irene. “What are you up to?”

 

“Crossword puzzles!” Irene chirped as she grabbed her cup of coffee. “Hey, what do you think ‘set free’ is? It contains 7 letters.” She asked before sipping on her drink.

 

“Escape?”

 

“That’s 6 letters, Hyoyeon unnie.”

 

“Oops. Uh…Release, probably?”

 

Irene snapped her fingers. “Oh, that could be it! Thanks, unnie!” She quickly jotted down the answer. “Speaking of release, I’m heading off to the restroom for a bit.”

 

As the younger one left the two alone, Hyoyeon looked at her girlfriend who seemed to be focusing on the sketching they were on about. “It’s been awhile since the last time I watch you draw something.”

 

“Yeah.” Taeyeon blushed and erased a small detail from the sketch. “Actually, it really has been a while since my last sketch. About two weeks ago? Yeah, somewhere around there.”

 

“Really?” Hyoyeon scooted closer when Taeyeon nodded as a reply. “How so?”

 

“Because Joohyun kept buying those jigsaw puzzles and me being ended up doing all of it with her.” Taeyeon sighed a smile. “Slowly, it has becoming our new hobby.”

 

“How cute.” Hyoyeon chortled.

 

“So, you’ve finished today’s practice?” Taeyeon started a new topic when she received a sudden kiss on the head from the latter. She’s gotten used to it already, though her expression tells her otherwise.

 

Hyoyeon returned her attention to the sketchbook. “Yeah, I was planning to call you yet here you are.” She slowly nudged Taeyeon by the shoulders. “I thought you and Irene were at home earlier when I called?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter