Chapter 5

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

What is the first thing that comes up into your mind when you see a couple? For Taeyeon, she told herself that they are a couple. Duh. Their glued hands and loving gazes at one another told her so. How about feelings? She has two; one was eager – probably excited to experience it with someone someday. If she would ever. The other one was jealousy. That should have been her with her partner but the problem was – she doesn’t have one. A wave of sadness came flooding her heart and she felt herself sinking in her chair the more she watched the couple. She managed to tear her glance off from them and looked back down at her unfinished drawing.

 

Sigh.

 

This is the fourth time Taeyeon found herself drawing yet again the nice stranger, Hyoyeon. Fourth time. Although they had only met one another twice, Taeyeon couldn’t stop herself from thinking about them in which she felt strange. Maybe it was because from their last meet, which was thanks to Irene, when they were exchanging short glances. Or was it when Hyoyeon complimented her that she’s breathtakingly beautiful?

 

Omo.

 

Taeyeon could feel her face was getting warm just by the thought of the compliment she received. She brought a palm onto her face and covered half of her face for a moment as she wanted to calm her heart that was thumping through an excitement rhythm. As if that compliment boosted up her energy, Taeyeon began to draw. The longer she spent time drawing at the corner of this peaceful café with mellow beats playing in the background, she felt herself was lost in her own world – which she never mind of because no one ever bothered her anyway. No one ever bothered lonely people, she was sure of it.

 

“Hello?”

 

But maybe not today.

 

She looked up to see the person who has bothered her drawing session. It was amazing how her scowl expression changed into a bright one almost immediately when seeing who it was. Taeyeon straightened her spine with a jolt and greeted the standing one a smile, not bothering about her back that was slowly starting to feel painful. But the pain she was feeling was overshadowed by a wave of happiness. – Hyoyeon’s here.

 

“Oh, Hyoyeon!” A hint of thrilled was found in between Taeyeon’s friendly tone. “Hi.”

 

Hyoyeon replied with a chuckle, just like the last time they met. “May I take a seat?” She took the chair beside her and sit across Taeyeon after getting an approval nod.

 

Silence presented itself after they exchanged smiles and Taeyeon going back to her drawing with her obvious red face that she was oblivious of. But it only lasted a few minutes, Hyoyeon reassured Taeyeon through their unspoken minds.

 

“I–I just happened to saw you when I entered here.” Hyoyeon said as if Taeyeon asked her how she could noticed a small person like Taeyeon in this big café with couples everywhere. Maybe that was how Hyoyeon noticed her – because she was all by herself. “Was I bothering you?”

 

“N–No. Don’t think of it like that.” Taeyeon said when she looked at the former. She smiled when Hyoyeon was rubbing the back of their neck with a pout. She found that to be a cute action.

 

“Well, you were too focused on your activity.” Hyoyeon gave a smile. “I’m relieved that I wasn’t.”

 

Taeyeon thought that it was rude of her to instantly go back to her drawing once she accepted Hyoyeon to join her at this small table. How come she just thought of it now? Stupid. – She scolded her mind. She was about to close her sketchbook but a sudden warmth greeted her hand that was on the table. Believe it or not, Taeyeon felt a jolt of invisible electricity shocked her veins and it caused her a small goosebump.

 

What the hell was that?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter