Chapter 20

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

Irene looked as if she’s going to throw tantrums any minute right in front of her sister’s girlfriend and honestly, Hyoyeon doesn’t even know why they are having a meeting with just the two of them. She tried asking Irene but the younger Kim only gave her a disapproval head shake as a reply. Just when Hyoyeon thought the tense atmosphere was becoming thicker, she almost jumped off her seat with a jolt when Irene spoke.

 

“So unnie,” Irene cleared before she continued. “Are you seeing someone?”

 

“Uh…I’m dating your sister, Taeyeon?” Hyoyeon replied unsurely, partly confused at the question.

 

Irene sent a short glare before she picked up her cup of coffee. “Okay but are you seeing someone else other than my sister?” She asked before taking a sip.

 

…!

 

“What?” Hyoyeon arched her brows, she looked as mad as Irene now. “What do you mean by that?”

 

“I don’t know, you tell me.” Irene replied.

 

“No, I’m not.” Hyoyeon answered straight away. “Why would I be seeing someone else when I’m happily going out with Taeyeon?”

 

Irene finally flashed a smile since they met. “You nailed it, unnie!”

 

“Huh?” Hyoyeon was still confused. What is up with Irene today?

 

“I knew you weren’t that kind of person, the one who would date multiple people at a time.” Irene began explaining. “It’s not that I don’t trust my sister but she seemed kind of off ever since we went to McDonalds a few days ago.”

 

Hyoyeon folded her arms as she looked at Irene with interest. “She does?”

 

…!

 

“Wait a minute.” Irene squinted her eyes at Hyoyeon suspiciously. “Have you went and checked on her after that day?”

 

“She said she’s busy.” Hyoyeon replied with a shrug. “I wouldn’t want to bother her.”

 

“She’s busy?” Irene asked in disbelief. “Busy with what?”

 

Hyoyeon shrugged again with a madly confused expression. “Hey, you’re her sister. Shouldn’t you know what she’s up to lately since the two of you live together?”

 

“Unnie, the only thing she has been doing these days is colouring her goddamn sketches! She have all the time of her life since she doesn’t have a job at the moment.” Irene explained.

 

“That’s weird.” Hyoyeon mumbled.

 

…!

 

“Irene ah,” Hyoyeon softly gasped. “Do you think Taeyeon is trying to avoid me?”

 

Irene widened her eyes in surprised. “Is she, unnie?”

 

“She only replied my texts with one or two words these days.” Hyoyeon whined. “And when I requested for a video call or just a simple call, she refused.”

 

“Good gracious, unnie. She is avoiding you!” Irene concluded and fell into her deep thoughts for a moment.

 

“But why?” Hyoyeon quickly snatched out her phone from her pocket and began typing but Irene took her phone away just before she could send her message to Taeyeon. “Hey!”

 

“I just thought of something!” Irene snapped. She quickly pointed at Hyoyeon using the phone. “She mentioned a name to me! A name that you always mentioned!”

 

“A name?”

 

Irene lightly tapped her forehead as if she was trying to make her brain give her another hint. “Uh…someone that goes by the name…”

 

…!

 

“Wait, could it be?” Hyoyeon thought of something as she recalled someone. “Is it Yuri?”

 

“Asa! That’s the name!” Irene chirped happily but quickly glared suspiciously at Hyoyeon again. “Wait! Who is Yuri and what is your relationship with her?!”

 

….

 

Hyoyeon flash

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter