Chapter 13

Let Us Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

A few days later after exchanging their feelings towards each other, Taeyeon was always on her phone afterwards sending text messages every now and then to the person whom her heart beats for. They still haven’t had their ‘official’ first date yet though. But it doesn’t matter to Taeyeon – although it bothers her a little – as she wouldn’t want to rush things out between the two of them. Besides, it has only been four days after their recent meet anyway.

 

Four days as a couple.

 

Duh. Taeyeon could wait.

 

Just as she was finishing the sketch she was working on, her sister came into her bedroom with what seemed to be a cup of coffee.

 

“Unnie, do you know that drinking too much coffee can cause you insomnia?” said the concerned younger Kim.

 

Taeyeon laughed as if it wasn’t a big deal. “Do you know that coffee helps you to focus and stay alert?”

 

“But I can do that for you too!” Irene whined but gave the hot drink to her sister anyway. “I always help you to focus on positive things instead of the negativities.”

 

“I know but I can’t drink you.” Taeyeon pecked a quick kiss on Irene’s cheek when they bent to serve the coffee on the table. “Thanks, baby.”

 

Irene heaved a defeated sigh. “I’ll be ironing some clothes now.” She left the room while releasing a yawn along her way out.

 

It was not that long before Hyoyeon’s name appeared on Taeyeon’s phone screen in which caused the phone to vibrate while playing a song. Taeyeon quickly reacted to it as soon as she heard the song. She picked up the call as she put down the pencil she was holding.

 

“Hyoyeon?”

 

“Help me choose one: ice cream or gummy bears?”

 

Taeyeon gave it a little thought for a second since both options were her favourites. Once she made her mind, she ended her hum and spoke unsurely. “Mm, gummy bears?”

 

“Then gummy bears it is! Let’s go on a beach date tomorrow.”

 

“Beach date?”

 

“Yup. But I’ll be done with my class somewhere at 4 though. Are you okay with that?”

 

She had something in mind and Taeyeon swore she wanted to say it out loud instead of just saying it inside her mind. But she’s shy to say it though.

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

Hell, they are a couple now so that means they can say stuffs like these now, right? Taeyeon inwardly sighed at her own mind.

 

Breathe in, breathe out.

 

“As long as I get to see you then I–I’m fine with it.”

 

….!

 

The other line was suddenly quiet afterwards. Taeyeon started to feel embarrassed because of it. Why did she even wanted to say that? Why was she embarrassed to say it though? They were always sending messages like these; Hyoyeon insisted them to so they could ‘get the hang of it’. Get the hang of cheesy texts. Get the hang of being cheesy to one another. Oh damn. Maybe it was because they are now talking on the phone instead of typing it out. But it couldn’t be just Taeyeon to feel this much of embarrassment, right?

 

“I–I want to meet you as soon as possible too.”

 

Taeyeon felt as if her heart just skipped a beat. She palmed her cheek and could feel that it was getting warmer as if she was going to catch a fever anytime soon. Oh wait, she already did though. She caught the ‘I’m so in love with Hyoyeon’ fever.

 

….!

 

Kim Taeyeon, please reflect.

 

Taeyeon wondered if Hyoyeon was as embarrassed as she was at the moment.

 

“Oh man, I made myself cringe.”

 

Ah, they are too.

 

“Y–You’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter