CHAPTER 21

MY UNDYING HEART [2YEON]

JEONGYEON'S POV

It was 5 am when she finally woke up. She had an oxygen mask on her and she just squeezed my hands to wake me up.

JY : "Babe you're okay now. Do you want anything?" I said as I her hair.

She removed her mask...

NY : "A-ani." She started touching her chest.

NY : "What 's this?"

JY : "You had to undergo emergency operation last night."

She just laid there quietly, Soon after everyone started to come in. 

JH : "Unnie???"

NY : "Ohh don't cry I'm okay."

Jihyo and Mina hugged her, this is the only time that the group had this serious atmosphere.

DH : "Jeong go home wash up, we'll watch her."

JY : "But..."

NY : "Jeong please take care of yourself."

JY : "Arraso I'll be back soon babe."

NAYEON'S POV

I had an heart attack yesterday and when I woke up I was already stitched up, Jeong was sleeping beside me. She looks really tired. I woke her up and she explained everything to me. What Ji-eun told me came back to my mind. I couldn't bare looking at Jeong suffering.

The girls came early and they ask Jeong to change, I took the chance to ask Dr. Kim

NY : "Dr. Kim spill out the beans, how bad is it?"

DH : "Hmm honestly it's worse than before this time you can't go home. Without the support you have you'll be in danger. We need to have that operation soon."

MN : "Unnie it's alright, don't worry we're doing everything."

NY : "Sorry I'm being a bother to everyone."

SN : "Don't say that Nayeonnie we're family."

MM : "We're going to be here for you all the time."

JH : "Unnie we just need a little more faith."

NY : "Arraso."

CY : "We'll take turns in looking after you."

JY : "No need for that, I can stay here with her." Jeong came back sooner than we thought. She had her bags with her.

TY : "But hyung you need to rest too."

JY : "I can rest here."

Hours later they started to go back to there works and Jeong was left with me.

NY : "Aren't you being stubborn Dr. Yoo?"

JY : "Babe I told you I'm with you through everything."

NY : "But you need to take care of yourself."

JY : "I will."

NY : "You're making my head hurt."

JY : "Sorry babe... Hmm here I bought Kkaengie. Remember you told me that you're scared to have the surgery? Kkaengie already had one, so you shouldn't be afraid." 

Jeong gave me Kkaengie with a heart stitch in her chest.

NY : "Thank you babe."

The days went by so fast. Jeong would stay everyday with me, sometimes she sleeps with her scrubs on, she was tired with work and for taking care of me but she would always smile at me and pretends she's not struggling. I knew I had to do something. One day when she was busy with work I called Jihyo.

JH : "Unnie you need something?"

NY : "Jihyo-ah I'm going to ask you a favor."

JH : "Anything unnie."

NY : "I want you to keep Jeong away from me."

JH : "Unnie what are you saying?"

NY : "Jihyo-ah I can't take it anymore, I can't bare the sight of her struggling because of me. She's not even taking care of herself because she's busy with me. Jihyo-ah if I don't do this she won't stop. I can't let that happen. We're not even sure if I'll make it."

JH : "But unnie you know her she'll demand answers."

NY : "Tell her I had a change of heart and I didn't want to see her anymore."

JH : "That's not going to keep her away."

NY : "We'll do everything."

JH : "Unnie it's impossible, don't do this to her. Don't do this to you."

NY : "Jihyo it's the only way, we have no choice. If I keep this up she'll end up sick. I couldn't take care of her, I couldn't do anything for her. This the only thing I can give her. Please."

JH : "Unnie we'll try okay? But it's going to be hard, are you sure about this?"

NY : "Yeah." Tears started to fall down my eyes.

The other girls came in before Jeong. So Jihyo explained everything to everyone. All of them agreed to tell her the same thing.

*Knock*Knock*

JY : "Hey babe I'm back."

Before she can step inside Dahyun and Chaeng held her hands and pushed her out the door. I didn't hear what Jihyo said but I heard Jeong shouting outside.

JY : "Babe! What are you saying?!!! I know you're lying! Let me go!'

Jihyo called Tzuyu to help them restrain Jeong. It was quiet for a while and I can't help but cry during the process. I didn't want to do this but Ji-eun unnie was right I can't make her undergo this things.

Jihyo came back inside.

JH : "There going to take Jeong home unnie, I already talked to the nurse not to let Jeong near you. Unnie are you really sure with this."

NY : "I told you already."

MN : "Stop crying unnie, it's bad for your heart. Everything will be alright."

I saw Momo and Sana crying in the side. My heart was breaking but I'm sure this is the best for everyone.

[3 days after]

NY : "Chaeng how is she?"

CY : "She's the same unnie you can't properly talk to her and she's not eating but she did stop trying to get near you."

NY : "Thank you for looking after her."

CY : "No problem unnie, you know hyung loves you right?"

NY : "I know but what did I gave her in return? Suffering, I cant bare it anymore she's suffering to much. All of you but she's taking the most of it."

CY : "Unnie that's why we're friends. No one's going to leave your side."

NY : "I know but I want Jeong to be prepared."

CY : "Unnie you'll make it we're sure about that."

NY : "I know, I know but if ever I don't can you do me a favor?"

CY : "Unnie!"

NY : "It's just a little one, can you look after them? Specially Mina? She doesn't express herself that much. I know she's carrying a lot right now, I'm afraid if I don't make it she'll keep everything inside."

CY : "I'm not going to, you need to get better and do it yourself."

NY : "Hahaha you have the same stubbornness as Jeong. No wonder you're cousins. Arraso, I'm going to sleep."

I held Kkaengie as I tried to get to sleep. My heart was experiencing so much pain right now, I wanted to be with Jeong but at some point I thought I need to stop, I need to let her go. Omma, Appa I think we'll see each other soon.

Omma, Appa I think we'll see each other soon        

---