Of Dares and Coffees

little bits

Yeri isn't really one to back down, not when Joy is the one giving her dares with that stupid high and mighty stance and stupid smirk that comes out when she feels like she's won.

So of course Yeri doesn't back down.

Besides, sliding down the school banisters isn't the worst thing she's ever been made to do.

Joy stands at the top of the stairs while Yeri proves she's not a coward.

You know that five second montage in movies where everything goes well before something really wrong happens? Well, something really wrong happens. Yeri was just going down smoothly when some dumb upperclassman decides to come out of nowhere and collides with her at the bottom.

It's not a very pretty picture.

Joy curses sometime in between rushing downstairs and helping the two of them up and towards the infirmary. She takes one glance at the upperclassman and pales. It's Bae Irene and they are in so, so much trouble.

Once she gets both of them settled in on the beds, Joy wastes no time dashing out.

There's a bump on Irene's head and she's pissed as hell. The other one ran out before she could even deliver the mother of all lectures. The one who actually caused this disaster is lying down peacefully on the other bed.

Irene knows better than to believe the kid is actually unconscious. She's not even trying to even out her breathing. Irene feels her blood boil to tipping point.

"Look here you little—"

The infirmary doors slam open and a very startled Irene wants to curse the hell out of whoever interrupted her rightful scolding. Except when she turns her glare to the new arrival, the words on her tongue disappears on the roof of .

She's pretty. .

Pretty girl walks straight to the bed next to hers and fusses about the kid, waking her up carefully and trying to asses any damage. When she finds nothing serious— and this is what really gets to Irene— she starts getting really mad, scolding the kid for her stupid antics for what felt like a glorious eternity.

Irene doesn't even realize she's staring until the pretty girl turns to apologize to her profusely. But there are more pressing matters Irene chooses to address first.

"What's your name?"

Pretty girl pales and Irene belatedly realizes how scary she can look shen she's not smiling. Crap.

"W-Wendy."

Then again, Wendy's terrified face is also very adorable. Maybe she regrets it less.

The kid— Yeri, as she heard Wendy call her— tries to slip away but Wendy cathes her in the act. She looks mad again, tells Yeri to stay still in a very stern voice and damn that's really kind of hot.

Yeri looks annoyed but she sits on the bed anyway.

"Not because you told me to but because I want to," she makes sure to say.

Wendy turns back to Irene and apologizes again, apologizes in behalf of Yeri too. She also doesn't forget to check if Irene's really okay, even promising to do anything to make it up to her.

And well, Irene's only human.

"I like coffee."

But of course, she's not one to ask people out either. People chase after her, not the other way around. Some things are just facts, you know?

Unfortunately, her intention might have detoured into misinterpretation because Wendy speedily walks out only to shortly return with several cans of coffee.

"I didn't know which flavor you wanted," she awkwardly smiles.

Wendy places her purchase next to Irene as if it's some kind of holy offering and Yeri very loudly groans on the other bed.

"I don't know you," came an embarassed grunt.

Wendy looks confused. Irene counts three seconds before redness crawls up Wendy's very adorable face. She nearly breaks her back in her rush to apologize. Yeri starts laughing and Irene starts laughing and Wendy can only think to laugh awkwardly with them.

Wendy shyly asks for Irene's number and Irene keys it in almost immediately, sending a text to herself so she can save Wendy's too.

Yeri stealthily takes a picture and sends it to Joy. She might do stupid things sometimes but if it ends with her Wendy unnie getting a date then it's definitely worth it.