Games

little bits

Seungwan finishes scooping the last batch of popcorn in the kitchen while Yerim and Seulgi figure out how to connect the Switch to their new TV. Sooyoung lounges on the couch,  casually telling Joohyun about this new guy she turned down just this morning.

It's videogame night.

They only have four controllers so one of them has to sit out every round. It's usually Seungwan because she always volunteers but tonight, they decide on a game of rock paper scissors.

Seulgi loses and the maknaes doesn't waste a single second to start teasing the poor bear.

When Seulgi starts to look like she's about to cry, Seungwan immediately tells her she can choose which world they'll race at. It works and Seulgi is all smiles again.

She chooses rainbow road.

"My gay was born for this moment," says Sooyoung.

Yerim snorts. "Says the one who's had a boyfriend."

"Just because I date guys doesn't make me any less biual."

"Whatever, unnie."

Their bickering fuels their competitive streaks. Healfhearted jibes and insults are meant to rile each other up but always ending in a good note. Joohyun can only laugh at the two youngest.

Seungwan has always adored Joohyun's laugh. For a very soft spoken person, Joohyun has a very loud laugh. She does this thing where she closes her eyes and opens wide, hands clapping and sometimes shoving. Seungwan thinks she has never seen a prettier picture.

She feels a kick on her back making her groan. Seungwan wants to swat Seulgi's foot but the bear only tells her the race has aready started. She's already behind.

Seungwan curses in her mind and does her best to catch up, evading all the shells Yerim is throwing at everyone. Sooyoung drops bombs sometimes and Joohyun starts kicking people literally.

It's when Joohyun tries to reach Sooyoung with her short legs that she starts leaning her body closer to Wendy and all the girl can think about is flowers and meadows and blue skies.

Surprisingly, or not surprisingly, Yerim manages to beat everyone. Sooyoung grumbles about dirty feet and Irene pouts, unabashedly complaining at her loss.

Seungwan hands her controller to Seulgi. She has fallen too many times tonight. Last place. She was about to stand and make her way to the sofa behind the players when Joohyun links their arms and places her head on Seungwan's shoulder.

"Which road, Seungwan-ah?"

"Huh?"

Joohyun lifts her head to look at her. Seungwan tries not to melt.

"It's your turn to decide."

Seungwan picks a random stage and Joohyun snuggles against her. The game resumes.

After a lot of shifting throughout the night, Joohyun ends up basically sitting between Seungwan's legs, back leaning on her front.

If anyone else noticed, they don't say anything about it.

Seungwan has taken to snaking her arms around Joohyun's torso so she can use the controllers when it's her turn. She pretends she isn't distracted and does her best.

But it's hard to keep your eyes on the screen when all you want to look at is the beauty in your arms.

Joohyun has always been clingy but she's only ever like this with Seungwan. It's not a well-kept secret. Sooyoung has always been vocal about that.

One thing Seungwan doesn't tell anyone is that likes Joohyun. She doesn't know if Joohyun likes her back.

Until she does, she'll keep playing the game. No matter how many times she falls.