Soft serve anyone?

Let's Pretend

The boys sung a few songs before you decided to go and get lunch; you were just getting into the van when Doojoon called out to SHINee “Hey guys did you wanna get lunch with us?” Jonghyun’s face lit up and Yoseob’s face fell. This would mean having to share you with that stupid Dino for even longer *Damn it! Why Doojoon?? It finally went back to just us and then you had to go and invite them to lunch…great* SHINee accepted the invitation and made their way over to the van and you all moved over so they could fit. You were on the end so it was painfully obvious to Yoseob who was going to pounce at that space next to you, a few seconds later *Yep* Yoseob thought as Jonghyun (of course) sat down in the spot next to you.  You just smiled brightly at your oppa as he struck up a conversation with you and Yoseob just pouted while trying to talk to Dongwoon on his other side.

You and Jonghyun (as well as the other members of SHINee) got along really well and before long you had all of their numbers as well. You were talking the whole time and then he asked one of those questions, one of those questions that if not answered carefully, it could get very awkward; “So what do you like most about SHINee?” You thought about it for a moment and then said “I like SHINee because of your talents and your personalities. You all sing and dance amazingly, you treat each other like family and you’ve been so nice to me even though we just met” Jonghyun looked at you with a cocky grin “Are we good looking?” you arched one eyebrow and looked at the others, they all wanted to hear so you replied “Yes, you are all handsome but cute at the same time, does that make you feel better?” A sly and triumphant smile grew on Jonghyun’s face. You figured that one statement probably went straight to his ego, you laughed at him.

Yoseob heard your laughter and turned around to find the cause, which again, much to his annoyance; was Jonghyun. The other members of SHINee were thanking you for the compliment and Taemin in particular looked a little embarrassed (mainly because he was usually called cute or adorable, not handsome) so he shot you a shy smile and turned away. Doojoon called out from the driver’s seat “Where do you guys want to go?” Hyunseung said “Well I don’t really feel like anything fancy, do you guys?” he looked around the van and you all shook your heads “Doojoon, maybe you should just pull in to the closest fast food place, kay?” “Yeah sounds good” Doojoon replied and not long after you pulled into a McDonald’s.

Jonghyun got out before you and when you got to the back doors of the van he grabbed you by the waist and picked you up out of the van, then gently placing you on the ground. He had caught you off guard so instinctively, you had grabbed onto his shoulders and the two of you stood there looking into each other’s eyes until you were interrupted by the sound of two people clearing their throats; it was Key and Yoseob, both looking slightly pissed. Luckily, Taemin bounced over and grabbed a hold of your arm, dragging you towards the fast food restaurant. You were relieved to be rescued from the incoming lecture you were sure you would’ve received “Thanks Taemin” you whispered, the angel like boy blushed and whispered back “No problem Emma” as he held open the door for you.

You stepped inside and went to finds seats for all twelve of you, luckily there were two long tables that could accommodate you all and you told them all to choose a spot. Eventually after figuring out what you all wanted you went up to order, but the workers were quick and had all your food ready in ten minutes and much to everyone’s surprise…you had the most food (even more than Onew who had ordered everything on the menu that included chicken) They stared at your tray filled to the brim with food and then at your small, skinny physique. It just didn’t make sense, how could a girl your size, eat so much?? You braced yourself for the possibly mean comments and went pink with embarrassment just thinking about it. But instead you just looked up in time to see Minho say “Hey, I gotta give props to a girl who can handle her food” he smiled at you and you sighed in relief. The others even seemed to agree with him, so without any further hold ups you all started eating.

Around half an hour later you had all finished and Hyunseung stood up and said “Hey does anyone else want a soft serve?” you held out your money to him along with Minho, Taemin, Dongwoon, Gikwang and Yoseob. In a few minutes he returned with the ice creams (somehow not dropping any) and gave them out. You all went on talking and as you were lifting your ice cream to your face someone hit your hand, causing your soft serve to hit your cheek and it left a bit of ice cream about the size of a five cent piece on your cheek. You slowly turned to the culprit; Jonghyun. You rolled your eyes at his mischievous smile and turned to pick up your napkin, but your napkin never made it to your cheek, because there was a face in the way. Specifically Jonghyun’s face…he was kissing your cheek.