Punching a wall (and other things) sometimes helps...

Let's Pretend

You stood there as your heart shattered into a millions pieces, you hated crying and you hated Suzy and right now you were faced with both. In one hand you still held the camera so tightly you knuckles were going white and your other was is a painfully tight fist, you were trembling with rage even though the ‘kiss’ didn’t even last one second before Yoseob threw her off and started yelling curses at her. You searched for something, anything you could let your anger out on and your sights laded on the wooden wall of the back of the stage. You were still unnoticed by the others and so you walked over the stages thin, wooden wall and took a deep breath, tears streaming down your face. You summed it all up and punched the ply wood with all you had; it made a deafening crunch as your fist drove straight through the wood. You looked up at where Yoseob stood and saw him and Suzy staring, shock evident in their eyes. Seeing his face only reminded you why you were hurt, not from punching a wall, but from seeing the boy you love kiss a girl that wasn’t you. Not caring about splinters or broken bones you wrenched your hand from the wall and started running, not even looking back when you heard your name being called.

You ran as fast as you could in the stupidly high shoes and dodged all the people in your way, all the while ignoring the desperate voice calling out your name. You turned into an avenue, trying your best to run faster when you heard footsteps closing in behind you. Your foot hit the curb and you tripped, everything started to slow down as you felt yourself falling. Right when the ground was about to meet you, a pair of strong arms caught you around the waist and you looked up at the familiar face that was so close to yours. *Yoseob* you thought as you took in his perfect features before your vision blurred over with tears. He helped you stand up and you yanked your wrist out of his grip, you started walking away; you couldn’t face him. “Emma please!” he called once again, his voice sounding hoarse from yelling out to you while you were running and he grabbed your hand once more. “Stop it! Just what do you want??” you screamed your voice shaking with mixed emotions; betrayed, sadness, anger, hate …love.

You finally stopped and after wiping your tears you turned back, he looked at you and said “I’m so, so sorry! I didn’t know she was going to do that” and you stared blankly at the beautiful boy in front of you. *What am I doing? I don’t even have the right to be mad, he’s not actually my boyfriend…* Then it dawned on you “Why did you even follow me? You don’t have to apologise, it’s not like I’m really your girlfriend” you said in a harsh tone that caused him to flinch. He eyes doubled in size when he took in what you said, you could see one thing in his brown eyes that reflected something seen in your own; hurt. You couldn’t take it, you needed to get away from him, you had been planning on confessing to him but you were too broken to do that now. You aimed your gaze at the ground and said “I hate this! I don’t want to pretend to be your girlfriend anymore” you said coldly. “Yeah well neither do I” he replied with an equally hard tone, that sentence reduced the pieces of your heart to grains of sand and you felt new tears threatening to fall. He pulled you closer, placing his hands on your shoulders and lowered his face so he was at eye level with you. “Because I want you to be my real girlfriend…” he choked on the last two words as he leaned his forehead on your shoulder.

He stood up again and took your face in his hands; unconsciously you lifted your own hand and wiped away his tears, his skin hot under your touch. One hand left your face and found its way to the small of your back, bringing you closer until your noses were touching. *Oh my god! He said he wants me to be his real girlfriend…* you were ecstatic but also at a loss for words, your gaze never leaving his. Slowly he lifted your chin and you felt his soft lips on yours, it felt like there were fireworks going off in your chest and the sweet feeling was spreading all over your body. To most people it was just a kiss, but to you it was amazing. When your lips parted Yoseob started to talk again, “Emma, every time you said I was yours it made me so happy. At first I didn’t know what it meant, but now I do and those times I said I couldn’t wait to see you I really meant it! I always liked you from the day we met and those feelings got stronger every day, you never laughed when I told you I couldn’t read English well or when you found out I was afraid of heights and you were always so nice to me. When I saw you with Jonghyun and Taemin I felt so jealous it was driving me insane, I was even jealous when those boys were trailing after you at the beach yesterday. I’m sorry I kissed you when you might not even feel the same way but I just needed you to know how I feel, I’ve never had a girlfriend before and I’ve never been in love but now I am and I need you to know that it’s you! You’re my first love and more than anything I want you to be my first girlfriend, I love you!”

Yoseob looked at you with searching eyes; you looked down at the ground and his face fell “S-So you don’t like me then?” he stuttered and you could hear his voice breaking. *Come on Emma, have some guts and say it!* you looked up at him, he was turning away, “No, wait!” you begged and he looked to you resembling a wounded puppy. You wrapped your arms around him in a tight hug and cried into his chest “I don’t like you I love you! I love you so much it hurts, when I saw you with Suzy it felt like someone ripped my heart out, I know I didn’t have the right to be angry at you but I couldn’t help it and I’m sorry for all the times I’ve hurt you” You could feel his warm arms securely around your waist and you raised your face from his shirt. He looked at you confused before you placed your lips firmly on his, the kiss seemed unreal, your whole life seemed unreal at the moment. You loved Yoseob and he loved you, perfect.

Yoseob looked down at his watch “Crap! The interval’s almost over” he clasped your hand and you started running. You managed to get back to the concert with a few minutes to spare and decided you should tell the others what happened. They listened intently and Hyunseung of course, had to ask something “Did you really punch a hole in the back wall of our stage!?” you mentally face palmed, “Yep” you say and when you saw fives jaws dropping you burst into laughter. You led a still sceptical group of boys behind the stage and showed them the whole you left from its collision with your fist, there was a jumble of things said at once but the loudest was Kiki “Holy ! Remind me to never piss you off!” he said and you laughed at his cute but shocked face. The interval ended just after that and the boys took their spots on stage, Yoseob held up his mic and said “First we’re going to sing I’m Sorry” that was one of your favourite songs. You waited Dor Junhyung to start the song but the voice that met your eyes wasn’t his; it was Yoseob’s. “Girl, I still regret a lot, I wanna… I wanna turn back times” it then lead to his usual series of beautifully held notes, Yoseob glanced over to you in the wing, he had sung that part just for you. After I’m Sorry, they performed I like you the best, Beautiful and any other song they thought applied to you. When the concert was finally over they came off stage and gave you a big group hug, “I love you guys” you mumbled, “Yeah, we love you too” they all replied. Before you all left after the guys got changed, a familiar silhouette loomed in the doorway; Suzy. You approached her with an air of confidence and before she could even say something, she was knocked to the ground with blood all over her face. You had punched her square in the face and if you weren’t mistaken; it was broken, because noses don’t usually bend that way. The boys stifled their laughter and shocked gasps as they followed you back to their cars. Everything was fine until two days later…