A teary confession

Let's Pretend

Jonghyun printed out of the hotel, knowing Key could’ve gotten in a car didn’t slow him down. He would run until he found Key, find him and tell him how he felt…You took a cab back to your place, knowing it could be a while until Jonghyun returned and you wanted to give those two some space. Jonghyun was still running around checking every blonde he saw, but then an idea struck him; Key loved kids and there was a park nearby. It was worth a shot, Jonghyun would’ve done anything to find Key.

He ran around one corner and then another, getting blocks and blocks further away from the hotel but he didn’t care. He stopped at the gates of the park and saw a heartbreaking sight, Kim Kibum was sitting on a bench with no one else around with silent tears streaming down his pretty face. Jonghyun’s heart clenched with guilt and he didn’t think anymore, he acted in instinct. He walked swiftly to the bench and Key didn’t even look up, Jjong grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him over to the empty playground close by, but this wasn’t without difficulty! Key may have been a sobbing mess, but he was still putting up a fight, it was like he was being burned by Jjong’s touch and in a way, he was. It hurt him to be touched by the one who was out of his reach, he continued to struggle against Jjong, but he was too strong and in the end he gave up and sat down on the swing.

Jonghyun leaned down and pulled Key into a tight embrace, Key was outraged, how could Jjong do something like this when he was just on a date!? Key mustered up what little strength he had left and pushed Jonghyun off him, Jonghyun fell down landing in the grass. Jjong didn’t even try and retaliate, he just said in a shaky voice “K-Key I’m so, so sorry. Emma and I weren’t on a date I swear! I needed advice on the person I like.” Key’s eyes went hard and he glared daggers at the other “Why would you ask for advice on the person you like, from the one you like? He said sarcastically “You know what? I don’t even care, just piss off!” Key spat. Jonghyun looked broken and tears sprang to his eyes as he choked out “Emma’s not the one I like!”

Key laughed but there was no humour in his voice “Riiight, cause you totally kiss just anyone on the cheek!” Jjong looked up at him and said between tears “I was covering up for the person I like, because I didn’t think they would ever like me back…” Key looked at him not believing what he was hearing, he stood up off the swing and said “Well good luck to you and whoever she is!” his voice hollow and cold. Jonghyun stood up and grabbed Keys hand “Well right now I don’t think it’s going so well with him” Key stopped, his heart missing a beat *What the hell does that stupid Dino mean!?* he thought as he turned around and said “Oh, well good luck to you and whoever he is! I hope it works out for you” he said bitterly. He ce again, ready to march off but Jonghyun’s strong arms stopped him and he pulled Key back to face him. Key desperately tried to resist looking up at Jjong’s handsome face, but in the end he just gave up and looked at Jonghyun. He could barely see anything because his eyes were glazed over with tears, but his didn’t stop him from feeling Jonghyun’s warm lips crash against his. Key pulled away, gasping for air and blinking the tears from his eyes.

“Sorry” Jonghyun murmured “You told me you hope it works out for me and the guy I like…What if it’s you?” Key didn’t say anything and just stared at the ground, Jonghyun slowly hugged him again “Key I am so sorry, I was afraid you didn’t like me so I tried to deny my feelings and I flirted with others. But the whole time I could only think of you…Key, I love you” These words hit Key like a ton of bricks and he could feel all new tears forming. He wrapped his small arms around Jonghyun’s waist and pulled him closer. “Do you really like me?” he asked, Jonghyun frowned “No” Key’s face fell “I don’t like you because I love you…” and he lifted Key’s chin, this time placing a much more delicate kiss on Key’s soft, pink lips. The pair stood there wrapped in each other’s embrace for no one knows how long and it wasn’t until hours after you got home that you received a text from Jonghyun that made you cry out in happiness for them both “Jongkey is real ;)