Eunkwang

Sasaeng/사생

The whole world seemed to dissolve back to normal.

Eunkwang eventually woke up, lying in a hospital bed. He woke up, this time surrounded by atmospheres of white around him. He had on his face an oxygen mask as well as a blood transfusion needle stuck in his arm.

Doctors and nurses were rushing to his ward, attending to his care. One of the nurses sat down beside him, put a bowl of porridge on his teatable and smiled.

"Don't worry Eunkwang," she smiled, "Everything's alright now. You'll be fine soon."

The nurse helped Eunkwang up and put the tray on his lap. "You'll get better soon. It's all because of stress and pressure from being an entertainer. You'll recover soon. Eat slowly, you don't have to stuff yourself. Oh, and you have several guests that have come to visit you."

 

Eunkwang sat up and looked down, surprised. Instead of a shirt, pants and jacket, he was wearing a white hospital gown with a pattern of the hospital logos. Looking in the mirror, he noticed that he was clean, his blonde hair was no longer covered in blood, and the stab wound in his chest was gone.

He stood up and held the spoon, trembling. Slowly and carefully, he sipped the gruel mouthful after mouthful, then put the bowl to one side.

He looked at the calendar next to him, watching it in confusion. It was March 26 2013, whilst the clock read 3 PM.

 

He sat there, hands in his lap, and waited. He closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep, then opened them again.

His eyes were barely opened when they suddenly opened them in shock. Standing near his hospital beds were the antifans from the hallucination, standing there and jeering at him, chanting "Go to hell......go to hell......go to hell.......die......die.....die...."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Eunkwang screamed, hiding his face in his hands. "EVERYBODY STOP!!!!"

He opened his eyes again, and even if there was no one there, he continued to cower in fear until he sank down, passing out.

 

Eventually he woke up around half an hour later, and stepping in were seven guests.

Oddly, they were guests which made him cringe.

In stepped Hyunsik, Sungjae, Minhyuk, Changsub, Ilhoon and Peniel, followed by his older brother, Eunho. They were all carrying flowers for Eunkwang, as well as cards to wish him to get better.

"Are you okay?" asked Eunho, sitting next to him and comforting him whilst giving him the presents, "You've had a hard time, but you'll be all better soon. Get some rest."

"Wh-who are you all? And what are you doing here?" asked Eunkwang with a frown on his face.

"You don't remember us?" asked Sungjae, as he gave Eunkwang the presents, "We're all members of BtoB, you don't remember?"

Eunkwang continued to frown.

"And I'm your brother." said Eunho.

"We're here to wish you to get better." said Hyunsik.

"You....." whispered Eunkwang, pointing an accusing finger at Eunho, "the mansion.....the mansion....." he stuttered, "the secrets of the mansion.......they're after me......go and get them.....NOWW!!!!!"

"What mansion?" asked Eunho, puzzled, "I never lived in a mansion before."

"WHAT?" yelled Eunkwang.

"I still live with Mom and Dad."

"You really don't remember us?" asked Ilhoon, worried, "I'm Ilhoon, Jung Ilhoon, the rapper of the group. I taught you how to play the gwiyomi song."

"This is a trick." moaned Eunkwang, "You're all playing tricks on me, don't play pranks on me, you shouldn't play pranks on me."

 

"What's wrong with him?" Peniel asked a nearby nurse.

"I'd hate to break it to you, as I understand that you have hectic schedules, but after collecting information, we have suggested with other acquaintances that Eunkwang has a multiple personality disorder, also known as schizophrenia. While schizophrenia sometimes comes from internal factors such as genetics, other external factors pose a high risk to schizophrenia, and doctors have suggested that due to pressure of being an entertainer and trying to please fans external factors may have caused the schizophrenia. Other than that, it is easily for it to wear off as the case is not severe compared to most cases of schizophrenic patients, so he should be discharged next week."

"Oh, that's good to hear." said Changsub smiling. "Hang in there, Eunkwang, you'll be better soon.", as he gave Eunkwang the presents, others proceeding to do the same as well.