Sungjae

Sasaeng/사생

Sungjae woke up in the mansion, and joined the man for lunch.

He went down the stairs, until he noticed someone whom he could not believe he saw.

Sitting next to the man was someone he knew.

It was Hyunsik.

"Hyunsik?" he gasped.

"Sungjae?" Hyunsik gasped.

"You were here the whole time?"

"Yes." Hyunsik nodded sadly.

"Well, I prepared you boys your favourite foods! Let's eat!" said the man.

 

Sungjae was astonished to find a large pot of doenjang jjigae, waiting for him on the table.

"I'm sorry, how did you know all of this?" asked Sungjae suspiciously.

"I'm just very intellectual." the man smiled eerily.

Sungjae frowned, but then sat down. He hesitated. The outer appearance of the food looked inviting, but something about this just did not seem right for Sungjae.

"What's the matter?" the man asked. "Cat got your tongue?"

"Ummmmmm......" Sungjae mumbled. "Nothing."

He picked up the spoon and took a generous sip. It was delicious, leaving Sungjae surprised.

"This is amazing!" said Sungjae in delight, "How did you learn to cook so well?"

"I can do a lot of things." replied the man.

"Right....." said Sungjae, awkwardly, "Right....", as he finished the whole meal.

 

After the three were finished, the man finally told them,

"You two can wander around the house as much as you want, but don't go into the basement or the attic."

"Why not?" asked Sungjae.

"Because there are private stuff that you really should not see."

"But...."

Hyunsik nudged him.

"Yes sir." Sungjae replied reluctantly.

"Good, I'll be preparing dinner for you two."

 

Hyunsik and Sungjae both decided to wander around the house on their own.

"So Hyunsik," said Sungjae, "How did you end up here?"

"I dunno, but that guy caught me in the bathroom and put and hand to my mouth, and then I woke up here tied up and my mouth plastered."

"That's strange, because something similar happened to me too. In fact, I think that he was the one who broke my phone, but I don't know if he did it purposefully."

"Shhhhh." said Hyunsik, "He might hear us. He probably did it intentionally to prevent you getting help."

 

They continued to wander around the house until Sungjae stopped at an open door showing a staircase.

"This must be the attic stairway," he thought.

Sungjae was about to go when Hyunsik stopped him.

"We can't go there. The man said not to go there."

"Oh no, I was just passing." Sungjae lied.

"Well, ok."

 

When Hyunsik was not looking, Sungjae could not hold his temptation anymore and crept up the stairs.

He walked through a spiralized tower until he finally reached the attic.

The attic had a very foul smell, he stepped back a bit but was still too curious to go back down.

He gaped as he noticed that the attic too was decorated with so much K-pop posters, merchandise and toys. But what really caught his attention was a huge poster of BtoB in the corner, the poster that was used to promote their song "Wow". Next to the poster was a cabinet covered in white cloth, whilst a broken mirror sat next to it. On the broken mirror were pictures of each BtoB member taped in different places of the mirror, but painted on the pictures of Hyunsik's and Sungjae's faces were red crosses, presumably because they have been held captive.

Sungjae pulled the cloth off the cabinet, and opened it staring it in shock, just before he looked down to notice that the tiles he was standing on were different to the other tiles on the floor.

In the cabinet were meat cleavers, choppers, knives and blades, ranging in different shapes and sizes. Sungjae gulped and was about to close the cabinet when he noticed an axe at the bottom of the cabinet. He was about to pick it up when he heard a loud bellowing from behind.

"What are you doing here?" the voice shouted.

Sungjae turned around to notice the man, infuriated.

"I told you to never come here!"

"But the door was open....."

"That doesn't matter!" he screamed as he took the axe from Sungjae's hands roughly, slammed the cabinet shut and began punching, kicking and bruising Sungjae's body.

"Please stop! I'm sorry!" Sungjae wept, but the man did not listen to Sungjae's desperate plea. He continued with the cruelty until Sungjae was limp and curled up in a ball that he could barely move anymore.

Walking over to another corner, he pulled a lever that turned the tiles that Sungjae was lying on 90 degrees clockwise, turning out to be an opening trapdoor.

As the trapdoor opened Sungjae was falling down for a very long time until he finally reached the basement, breaking his leg.

 

The man walked down the stairs until he reached the door of the basement, just in time to find Sungjae slithering like a snake, trying to get up.

"As punishment, you are to stay here until the next morning." the man thundered, "No supper for you tonight. Scream all that you want, the walls are soundproof too. And don't even think about trying to escape this place until I lay my hands on the doorknob.", he said as he slammed the door shut, locking him in as darkness descended, leaving him with no choice but to wait until he could see daylight once again through the slits of the door.