Chapter 14: Ball Date

Love never noticed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All of the student in the University is excited for the Big ball this coming week, the guys are busy planning their so called way of asking the girls, while the ladies are busy talking about the gowns they’ll be wearing.

On the other hand Suzy and the committee is busy preparing all the things they’ll need for the preparation of the Ball—the hotel they’re renting, dj’s for the said event, and other decorations. It truly is a busy day for Suzy.

“So that’ll be all for today? Let’s meet up later and check the hotel together.” Suzy said packing up her things.

“I’ll call you later when I get dismissed early.” Jia said, before waving to bid her farewell.

“See yah’” Min and Fei said in unison, before leaving the room.

Suzy wasn’t left alone that long, a male student entered the conference room, and silently crept behind her, she didn’t notice him since she was busy packing up and he was really silent.

“So how’s the preparation for the ball?” He whispered in her ears, causing shivers on her spine.

Suzy quickly turned to see who that was, she released a sigh of relief upon seeing Soohyun chuckling.

“Yah! You scared me.” She said clutching her chest.

“I intended to.” He said grinning.

Suzy just rolled her eyes before laughing. “Anyways what brings you here?” She asked.

“Well I was on my way to the library when I saw Jia and the girls coming out of the room, so I decided to pay you a visit.” He said smiling.

“Aww that’s sweet of you thank you.” She said sarcastically.

“Now I hint some sarcasm in there, I was being sincere here.” He said, poking her arm.

“Alright then if you say so.” She says shrugging, before walking out towards the door.

“Why so grumpy?” He asks, following her.

“I am not grumpy.” She answered.

“Yes you are.” He countered.

“Why are you so talkative today?” She asks.

“I am not, this is just amm.. normal of me.” He answers.

“Ugh, don’t you have a class to attend to?”

“It’s my free subject, so do you need any help in anything? I could lend a hand?” He offered.

“No thanks, I am fine.” She said softly.

“I know why you’re grumpy.” He said causing suzy to stop from walking and turn her heels to look at him.

“You do?” She asked confused.

“Your crush haven’t asked you for the ball….” He said.

Suzy turned her back again and continued walking. Well that was one of the reasons. She thought.

“Nahh I was just kidding, I meant you’re very busy, you’ve got a packed schedule and you’re stressed out that’s why.” He said and Suzy just nodded.  “I knew it.” He said.

“Yeah, and you bothering me with a lot of questions is not helping.” She said.

“Sorry.” He mumbled. “I know what will help you release some stress.” He says placing his arm on her shoulder.

“What will help me?” She asks, looking at him.

“You need a walk to the paradise.” He said in a dreamy tone.

“Stop with your games Soohyun.” She said removing his arms on her shoulder, walking away.

“I wasn’t kidding, come here.” He said and held her hand, making suzy’s heartbeat race.

“Where are we going?” She asks.

“To the botanical garden, I am sure the flowers there have bloomed already.” He said dragging her along with him.

“But I still have things to do.” She said.

“You need break Suzy, stop overworking yourself.” He firmly said, and she just nodded.

They arrived at the Botanical Garden and saw some students, observing some flowers and plants then recording their observation on their sheets. One of them was IU 

“Oh, what are you guys doing here?” She asked.

“Just releasing some stress.” Soohyun answered.

“I see, breathe suzy arra?” She said before winking. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I still have a science paper to finish.” She said.

“Alright, goodluck with that.” Suzy said waving.

“Let’s go?” Soohyun asks offering his arm for her to link on which she gladly took.

As they were walking towards the fountain Soohyun stopped by the bench and offered her a seat.

“Thank you.” She said.

“For what?” He asked.

“For this, helping me release stress.” She said smiling.

“Oh that’s nothing, anything for our theater princess.” He said winking.

Gosh that wink, just a little more sweetness and I’ll surely melt. Suzy thought and just gave him a smile.

“So…” Soohyun started.

“so?” She asks.

“Myungsoo haven’t asked you out?” He continued causing Suzy to choke.

He pats her back and looks at her worriedly. “Are you alright?” He asks.

“Y-yes.” She shatteringly said.

“I mean for the ball, I know you like him and IU also does it must be hard for you.” He said not looking at her.

Suzy wants to burst out laughing and knock his head telling him, ‘You idiot, it’s you I like.’ But she doesn’t have the confidence nor the will.

“No.” She simple answered.

“Ahh..” He said nodding. “Why don’t you just pair up with Kai? He’s a good guy, and I am sure you notice his feelings for you.”

Yeah I do notice, and everyone else notices how I feel for you except you. She said through her mind. Releasing a sigh she looks down.

“I know he’s a great guy, he’s really a catch and any girl would be lucky to have him, but… I don’t think I can accept nor return his feelings, I wouldn’t like to hurt him, he deserves someone better than me.” She said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter