Chapter 15: The Ball

Love never noticed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy got up early since they were scheduled to go to the venue of the ball to do some last checking before the event starts. Laying on the bed lazy-ing around, she turned her gaze at the dress mannequin where her dress was displayed. Smiling and finally getting the vibe of the ball she stood up and hurriedly prepared; taking her phone and a small pouch she went to the Kitchen where her mom was busy cooking some of her dishes again. 

"I'll be back later." She said kissing her mom's cheeks. 

"Be fast, my hairdresser friend will be here soon and i bet making your look hair pretty won't be that easy." Her mom said.

"I'll be quick mom no worries." Suzy said smiling before waving goodbye. 

She had her father bring her to the venue so she wouldn't have to wait for a cab to ride on. On her way to the venue her phone vibrated, she's starting to receive text messages from Jia, Fei and Min; they were discussing the things that are needed to be checked once they get there. After replying to their text her phone vibrated again.

"Wow they are fast-." She mumbled to herself before checking the message and to her surprise it was Soohyun. 

 'Don't get too tired with the preparations, relax and rest. Oh and don’t put too much make up you're pretty even without it. See you later at the ball. (; '

Suzy's heartbeat started to race, her cheeks started burning and she can feel them turn bright red. Sure they do talk a lot in chats and in personal but he doesn't send her messages as such. 

Calm Suzy it's just a text message. She tells herself and started fanning her face. 

"Are you alright? Is it too hot?" Her dad disturbed her thoughts and placed the air conditioner of the car to level three. 

"I-I am fine, yes it’s just hot." She lied as she continues fanning herself. 

"Weird, i don't feel hot at all." Her dad said looking at the road weirdly. 

She quickly replied and then got out of the car once they reached the venue. 

"Will you wait for me till i am done or you'll just come back?" She asked her dad.

"I'll wait for you and check out the hotel myself." He said.

"Alright then dad thanks." Suzy said before disappearing in one of the ballrooms. 

IU's P.O.V

Waking up to my alarm, i stretched my arms up in the air freely before sitting up on my bed. Wahh it's finally the day! I didn't really expect myself to be this excited since I thought I’ll just be going on my own again or just be paired up with a student i barely talk to but no, this year my crush! Yes the guy i liked for almost 2 years or more is going to be my date! Who wouldn't be as excited as me right? I hope things finally work out between me and him. 

Finally getting my laziness aside, i swing my feet out of the bed and headed to the bathroom to do my morning rituals. Finally freshening' up i went down to the dining room to eat breakfast, my mouth hang low upon seeing the table setting. Looks like mom prepared a feast for breakfast. 

"You'll be having a long day Jieun~ah I want you to eat a lot for breakfast and eat light for lunch so you won't have a hard time dancing through the night." Mom said smiling at me. She's really the best mom in the world; I walk towards her and engulf her in a hug, squishing her lightly.

"I love you omma, thank you." I said kissing her cheeks.

"I love you too jieun~ah. Now let's eat." She said, pulling me in one of the chairs. 

"Wait here, I'll just call your brother." Mom said and went out of the dining room. 

After an hour or two of just relaxing and watching dramas my mom knocks on the door, coming inside my room with a guest whom I assume is my aunt since they both look alike.

“Sweetie look who came to visit and stay with us for a while, it’s your aunt Nari.” Mom said gesturing me to stand and greet her so I quickly step out of my bed and gave her a 30 degrees bow.

“It’s nice meeting you aunt Nari.” I said giving her a warm smile.

She gave the same warm smile and walks towards me engulfing me in a hug.

“Its nice meeting you too dear, you’ve grown up just as pretty as your mom.” She said.

So I was brought out of the room to entertain our aunt, just when I was watching my favorite drama. I wonder what happened to Do min joo manager!

After a couple of hours the time I’ve been waiting for has come! It’s time to prepare myself for prom.

“Mom it’s already 4 pm I need to prepare myself already!” I scream from the living room for mom to hear me.

“Oh alright then, go clean up and your aunt and I will help you with your makeup and hair.” She replied, walking in the living room with her gloves on. She was doing the dishes.

“Okay!” I excitedly said and hopped off the couch running upstairs in my room.

After freshening up and drying my hair I quickly changed into my gown then to cover it up and avoid getting messed up with my makeup I wore a pink robe, after a few seconds mom and aunt entered the room.

“Is my baby ready to be made prettier for tonight?” Mom asked me before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

“Ready as I’ll always be.” I said smiling.

“Alright let’s get things done.” Aunt said, excitement feeling her voice.

“Let’s start!” I said sitting in front of the powder table.

After what seems like forever, I managed to get things done. I slowly took off the robe I am wearing and walked in front of the full length mirror on the side of my bed.

My mouth dropped upon seeing myself. I didn’t know I could be this pretty I mean, I always go for my simple look but my mom insisted of buying this gown for me and now I have no regrets of ever agreeing with her. The gown looks perfect on me… well at least on my perspective. The high low style made me look tall, it’s pink sequins and the train chiffon that travels down my foot makes it look girly and grand. I smiled once again upon seeing the light pink makeup done on me, my hair was tied up and small curls fall just perfectly.

“I look pretty.” I mumbled softly.

“You do look pretty, my baby’s all grown up!” Mom said embracing me in a hug.

“Thanks Mom.” I said

“Let’s take you to the hotel then.” She said and we head out of my room.

End of P.O.V

Suzy arrived an hour before the call time, already dolled up and prepared, she making another round of preparations to check if everything just right.

30 minutes later, Myungsoo arrived and spotted Suzy in one of the chairs.

He walks towards her and approaches her, he was stunned when Suzy turned around and smiled, waving at him.

“Hey! You arrived early.” Suzy said, standing up from her seat.

Myungsoo blinks for a couple of time as he looks at her from head to toe. She was wearing a gown filled with sequins, and its color patterned like the ocean’s blueness, her hair was curled and she was wearing it down. The gown complimented her pale-ish skin adding glow to it, and hugged her curves perfectly.

“Amm.. is there something wrong?” she asked curiously as Myungsoo stared at her.

“Ah- n-nothing’s wrong, I am perfectly good.” Myungsoo said nodding. “You look pretty fine by the way.” He said as he tries to get himself together again.

Suzy snickers at his compliment. “Pretty fine? Pfft Thanks.” She said not quite satisfied with his compliment.

“Why are you here so early?” Suzy asked changing the topic.

“Is it bad to be early now?” Myungsoo countered.

“Ugh.” Suzy groaned at his sarcastic answer.

“Suzy can you help us check the flower arrangements here?” Jia called out.

“Sure! Will be there!.” She said then turned to Myungsoo. “Talk to you later.” She said then headed off to where Jia was.

People started filling the hotel room, everyone in their best selves as they walk proudly and confidently wearing their fabulous gowns and tux. Two of them were IU and Soohyun.

“Hey!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter