The Lone Boy

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: The Lone Boy

 

Baekhyun stood in front of his cafe with his workers. The clock strikes 10.30 p.m. which is the time for them to close the cafe. He then bade farewell towards his two mischievous workers and watched them skipped happily while playfully arguing of God knows what, he bet it was something so stupid that even a freaking toddler will be ashamed of them. Baekhyun just chuckled, shaking his head at his workers antics. He looked up, leaving a contented sigh as he viewed his cafe. This is the only pride and joy he got since his parents left him 5 years ago.

 

‘Baekkie’s Cafe’ formerly belonged to his parents. They named it after Baekhyun, their one and only precious son. Things going well, they were happy, living a happy, modesty life. But all things will come to an end, and so their happy life. Everything went downhill when Baekhyun got a call from hospital, saying that his parents were in an accident. That was the first pang. The next thing heard was when the caller said that both of them didn’t make it. He felt like he was slapped harder. His knees were becoming weak and eventually give up, causing him to slide down with his back  attaching to the wall for support. He felt hollow, he didn’t even cry. A repetitive of ‘Hello?’ and ‘Are you okay?’ could be heard from the other line. He felt like crying, but nothings come out. He’s alone.

 

A gust of chilly wind causes Baekhyun to snap out of his trance. He sighed and walked towards his apartment, only a few blocks from his cafe. He strolled along the familiar road towards his apartment, humming different songs as he walked. Once he got to his apartment door, he unlocked the door, and shut it as he entered his so called home.

 

 

The next morning came as quick as a blink of his eyes. Baekhyun opened his eyes as he heard the repeated annoying sound of ‘beepbeep’ from his alarm clock on the side table. He slammed the alarm clock shut, no more annoying sounds bouncing across his bedroom. Haaa, now that’s better. He picked up the alarm clock and squinted his eyes to see the blurry red numbers on it. 6.00 a.m. He got off his warm fluffy bed and waltzed his way towards the bathroom, getting ready to work.

 

 

The day at ‘Baekkie’s Cafe’ was as hectic as usual. Continuous chiming of bell indicating customers entered and exited the cafe, to get some of their morning coffee before heading to their work. By the time clock strikes 10 a.m. the cafe became almost customer-free as most of them already working on their asses for their respective jobs. Baekhyun decided to take a short break, dragging along his two loyal workers with him. They settled down on one of the tables.

 

“Haaaaaaa~ that was one hectic morning. It’s not even noon yet but I felt like my bones are going to fall apart anytime soon,” Sehun said as he flopped on a seat and placing his head on the table. Tao flopped next to Sehun, not forgetting to whack the younger on his head, causing the maknae to yelp in a not so manly way.

 

“Stop complaining. What’re you, a grandpa? As far as I concern, you’re only a year younger than me ,”

 

The maknae glared menacingly at the panda, but didn’t do anything. Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head at the two younger boys.

 

“Guys, stop arguing all the time. Gosh, you guys are big babies ya know,”

 

The two younger boys squinted their eyes disapprovingly at the eldest.

 

“Tch, says the one who stop growing since middle school,” Sehun retorted. Tao laughed heartily at that. Baekhyun glared at the two, huffing and pouting with arms crossed on his chest.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter