The After Party

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: The After Party

 

The guests had already gone home. The house was like a wrecking ship, courtesy of the maknae lines. Baekhyun was strutting around the house as he picked up the trashes while grumbling on and on about the current condition of the house.

 

“Those ungrateful adult-sized toddlers! They’re so going to face this pup’s wrath! Eeeeepppp! Is that chocolate syrup splattered on my pure fluffy white sofa?!”

 

Baekhyun continued to shriek and throw whatever curses you may think of as he scrubbed the chocolate stain on his sofa. On the other hand, Daehyun could be seen wiping on the dining table. It shouldn’t be a bizarre thing for someone to wipe the stain off the dining table but the problem here is that, he has been doing that for the past 15 minutes or so. His eyes were blank as if they were some black holes that could anything into them. His expression was void of any emotions, soulless, yeah; his soul might have been taken to another dimension.

 

Baekhyun who had been nagging and cursing for a couple of minutes ago noticed the younger’s unusual quietness. Yeah, Daehyun is a quiet type, but this is different. The silence surrounding the younger was definitely an odd one, Baekhyun could tell.

 

“Dae, why’re you wiping that same spot for the past minutes?”

 

Silence.

 

No answer could be extracted from the younger. Instead, Daehyun kept doing the same actions, now it has been 20 minutes.

 

‘Oooookay, that's totally not normal.’

 

Baekhyun went closer to the younger and tapped the latter’s shoulder gently. Daehyun flinched in his place.

 

“U-uh?Wha-what? Is there something wrong?”

 

Finally, the younger had snapped from whatever dimension he was in. Daehyun faced the older. He could see the concern look given out by Baekhyun.

 

“No, I’m the one who's supposed to ask you that. Are you okay? Are you sick?”

 

Baekhyun bombarded the younger with sequence of questions while feeling up the younger’s forehead, to see if the younger was burning up or something. But the next action from the younger made Baekhyun’s heart drop.

 

Daehyun slapped the older’s hand away.

 

“N-no. I’m fine.” Daehyun avoided looking at the the older and then walked away without muttering any other words, leaving the older’s alone.

 

 

Baekhyun stood frozen in his spot. He then looked at his hand, which the one that Daehyun had slapped away. What just happened? Did he do something wrong? The silent Daehyun made Baekhyun felt uneasy, as he had felt this before. The silent Daehyun he first met after the incidence on the Ferris wheel. Then Baekhyun’s eyes widened.

 

‘No no, I don’t want to be ignored again. What if he’s angry at me? But why? What did I do wrong? God, please, please don’t let him ignore me again. I couldn’t take it anymore. Once was enough. Please...’

 

Baekhyun pleaded silently in his fragile heart, while tears started to pool, threaten to flow down his cheeks. He wasn’t dumb enough to not know his own feelings for the younger. He admitted it. He already fell for Daehyun. Without knowing, without realizing, his eyes will follow the younger’s steps wherever the boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter