The Engagement Party

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: The Engagement Party

 

Two weeks passed, and now here we go again. Here, in a dressing room, while facing the full body mirror, checking on the white attire snug perfectly on his body, Baekhyun let out a puff of air, while calming himself from the excessive adrenaline pumped into every vessel in his body. His eyes were lined with thick black kohl, making him looked wild and his bang was left to cover his forehead, a bit below his eyebrows, making him looked innocent yet y.

 

 

Then a knock on the door could be heard echoing all over the massive dressing room. Baekhyun voiced out a 'Come in' and a man, precisely, his future father in law sauntered in. A warm smile etched on his face as he saw Baekhyun's nervous state.

 

"Oh, Dongha-sshi. Annyeong haseyo." Baekhyun bowed to the former.

 

"Cut the formalities Baekhyun-ah. Just call me dad, but I prefer daddy more. It sounds cute!" Dongha chuckled, trying to loosen up the younger.

 

"Yes, da-daddy." Baekhyun stuttered. It has been a long time since he called someone as dad, or daddy... Whatever it is.

 

Dongha watched the younger fidgeted in his place, who played with the hem of his suit. Anxious maybe.

 

“You look good enough. Don’t worry much about it. Just enjoy your day, it’s your engagement day anyway.”

 

Baekhyun blushed at this, making the older chuckled. Dongha then sat on the sofa and patted on the empty space beside him, signaling the younger to sit. Baekhyun hesitated but eventually followed the older’s order.

 

“You know what; I’m really thankful ‘cause you actually fulfilled this old man wish even when you didn’t know me that well. I know the decision made was quite rash and selfish of me but really, I’m truly grateful. I wouldn’t worry about that son of mine anymore since you’re going to be there for him.’

 

Dongha smiled again. Baekhyun casted his eyes downside, the guilt really eat him up.

 

‘Of only this man here knew about the pact that both his son and I made.’

 

“Daehyunnie, he’s a good boy. He’s not someone that would whine or cry whenever things didn’t go his way. He’s matured earlier than any other boy of the same age. Ever since his mother’s death, he’s been independent and he won’t express much of his thoughts. I know he could be quite lonely at times, and I couldn’t be there when he needed me. My life has been devoted to the company, as if it was my second wife. Gosh, my late wife’s going to nag me till my ear waxes all melted if she ever heard this.”

 

Both of them laughed. This really brings back memories of his late wife. She could be a demon sometimes. This explained where Daehyun got his demon side.

 

But then, as the laughter died down, Dongha sighed.

 

"I know I've already burdened you with so many things, but there's one last favor that I would like to ask from you," Dongha said, as if pleading. The look from the older was making Baekhyun felt uncomfortable.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter