The Truth

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: The Truth

 

Baekhyun waited anxiously at one of the table in his cafe. It was 10 minutes before the appointed time.

 

‘Gosh! Why the clock is ticking so dreadfully slow?!’ Baekhyun mentally complaint while glaring at the innocent clock.

 

Few minutes later, the bell chimed, two gentlemen clad in rather expensive-looking suit waltzed gracefully into the cafe. The entrance of the two gentlemen causing all eyes in the cafe to follow their movements, awed by the gentlemen superior looks. The two gentlemen paused for a bit, looking for certain someone, before their eyes fall upon Baekhyun. Then they made their way to where Baekhyun was.

 

Baekhyun, who made eye contact with one of the gentlemen, getting flustered as he saw both of them were heading his way. Then, the two bodies stop in front of him, with one of them offering a hand for greeting.

 

“Baekhyun-sshi? I’m Bang Yongguk the one who called you earlier,” Yongguk pulled out his hand, offering a handshake while smiling a dazzling gummy smile.

 

Baekhyun got up almost immediately and shook the other hand.

 

“Y-yes. That’s me. I-It’s nice to meet you Yongguk-sshi,” Baekhyun felt like slapping himself for stuttering like an idiot. His eyes then trailed to another person besides the lawyer, who was offering a warm smile towards Baekhyun. Yongguk realized the curious looks from Baekhyun regarding the person besides him, so he introduced the person to Baekhyun.

 

“This is the CEO of Jung Corporation, Mr. Jung Dongha. He’s the one who will discuss about this matter, I mean, regarding this cafe that you owned,” Yongguk explained.

 

“Oh-okay. Why don’t we sit down first and we’ll discuss about it,” Baekhyun offered. The two gentlemen agreed and sat in front of Baekhyun, while Baekhyun called up Sehun to bring some beverages.

 

There were few minutes of silence. It was quite awkward as that Dongha person eyeing Baekhyun, studying the latter features, making Baekhyun felt quite, okay scratch that, a LOT uncomfortable due to excessive attention he got. That Dongha person then chuckled, breaking the silence. His face painted in amusement.

 

“You really resemble your mom, do you? But you got your dad’s nose I figured,” that was the first sentence the CEO said after he arrived there. Baekhyun eyes widen at this.

 

“Y-you know my parents?” Baekhyun baffled.

 

‘So this creepy guy here actually knows my parents. Just, what the heck was his relationship with my parents? Oh shoot! Don’t tell me mom actually cheated on my dad with this creep! Oh God! That really does make sense! He’s quite close to mom’s taste! Why mom! Why you cheated on dad?! Well, this guy looks quite young and hawt and all but still..... Whyyyyyyyy????!!’

 

Baekhyun wailed, having warfare in his inner mind.

 

“Yeah, actually they’re my friends during our college days. I frequently visited you guys with my son when you’re still a toddler. I bet you won’t remember me ‘coz you’re bout 1-2 years old at that time? I’m not sure but I think it was around that age. But since I’ve got my own company to handle, I couldn’t visit you guys that much.”

 

‘Oh...oooppsss. Sorry mom. My bad. Tehehe~’

 

Baekhyun felt dumbfounded when he heard that. He became even more dumfounded when he realized something.

 

“Umm...pardon me if I’m being rude. But you mentioned about your son and visits when I was little. So, I’m a little curious... just how old are you actually?” Baekhyun hesitantly asked, as afraid if the question actually offended the person in front of him.

 

The said person chuckled a bit, maybe amused by the younger question.

 

“Well son, I’m already 45 this year and my son is just a year younger than you are,” Dongha smiled.

 

Baekhyun eyes getting wide hearing this. Heck, his eyes could be on par with Kyungsoo’s, his cook.

 

‘Hooomaiiiigoshhh! He looks so young! Just what kinda products did you used huh??’

 

Dongha and Yongguk laughed at Baekhyun’s expression. Baekhyun lowered his head a bit,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter