The Dinner Meeting

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: The Dinner Meeting

 

It was a calm, serene morning. Daehyun was having his morning coffee in a cafe just a block away from his workplace. No, he was not alone. Apparently a baboon decided to tag along with him, making his morning not as calm and serene as it supposed to be. Oh, and the baboon’s name is Youngjae. How terrific!

 

Daehyun told his group of friends which consists of unbearable neuron degrading cluster of humans about the whole marriage thing, in which he received some expected responses from them.

 

Himchan was like a sobbing mess and uttering some unintelligible words that even an ape couldn’t understand.

 

“He says he’s so proud of you. He thought you’re going to die single and lonely, buried in all those works of yours,” Yongguk cleared that out for Himchan while patting the latter on the back, in effort to calm his lover. Somehow there’s an exceptional ape that actually understands the garbage Himchan spluttered.

 

Zelo was in daze and muttered something about ‘I guess he’s not aual then...' and Jongup who was right beside the maknae, nodded, agreeing to the maknae, and face void of any emotions.

 

Youngjae was like a super hyperactive ape came from Planet Gayrilla, constantly asked Daehyun about his fiancé a.k.a future husband.


“What does he looks like?”

 

“Is he cute? Adorable? Is he?”

 

“Is he taller than you or short? Considering you’re not that tall anyway”

 

He kept asking those questions that even Daehyun couldn’t answer.

 

“For the last time you freaking ape, I DON’T KNOW! Which part of I don’t know did you not understand?! I haven’t even met him yet you son of a gorilla!” Daehyun snapped.

 

Youngjae fell quite. But that didn’t last long when he asked the last question.

 

“Are you going to do him on your first night? Huh? Are you?” Younjae wiggled his brows in a suggestive manner.

 

Daehyun face palmed.

 


And that explained why this parasitic baboon here with Daehyun, following the latter like a creep, trying to get the latest scope of his best friend’s love life.

 

“Soooooo, you’re meeting you fiancé tonight?” Younjae started.

 

“Mhmm.”

 

“And you’re bringing him to a dinner in that five star hotel where you usually go for business parties and all that?”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

“And after that you’re going to book a room and then bang that boy to oblivion?”

 

“Mhm- WHA-WHAT?! No you erted ape! We’re just going to dine in and have a little chat to know each other more you freaking moron!” Daehyun spluttered. His face was crimson red from the baboon’s unhygienic statement, in which he only received a big laugh from the latter.

 

The laughter died down after awhile. Then Youngjae spot something in his friend.

 

“You don’t seem to be happy about this marriage thing.” He stated.

 

Daehyun looked up to see the serious expression painted on his friend’s face. Well, yeah. His circle of friends might be consists of some as$holes, abnormal ones on top of that. But considering the fact that all of them holding quite important positions intheir job area, that wouldn’t be so odd. Yongguk as we know is the secretary of Jung Corporation. Himchan has his own boutique and he’s quite well known in fashion world. Youngjae here is a young pilot, so he’s like a ninja. One time he’ll be here in Korea and the next minute he’ll be in Berlin or something. Jongup is working on his research project in Master level on those complicated mechanical thingy. Zelo is in college. He may not look like it, but that kid is a genius I tell ya. He got those encyclopaedias stored in that brain of his. So that’s basically a bit about them. Now, back to where we left off.

 

Daehyun sighed. Youngjae still got this serious demeanour intact.

 

“I don’t know. It doesn’t feel right. I mean, all this time I’m basically alone. So when dad just dropped some guy asking me to take care of him, more precisely asking me to live my whole life with this stranger, it’s making me....ughh. I don’t know. I just...don’t know.”

 

Youngjae kept silent. He saw the frustration in Daehyun’s eyes.

 

“Hey, I’m not exactly the best person to give you advices but try to think it positively. That guy might be some angel sent from above to pull you out of that ‘crappy-all-work-with-no-play’ lifestyle you’ve been living so far. So, it might be some sorta fate that pulled you guys together. You know, like in those cheesy romantic movies and what not.”

 

Daehyun snorted. Fate. Yeah right.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter