Better to Worse

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17: Better to Worse

 

It has been 3 days since Taehyung came in living with the couple. Daehyun had left for his job that morning, leaving his two beloved people in the house. Now it was 10.30 in the morning, and Baekhyun could be seen moving here and there in the kitchen, preparing some dishes it seem. No, not for breakfast as the three of them had breakfast together earlier before Daehyun left for work. Then what is it?

 

"Baek-hyung~~ When are we going to go to Dae-hyung workplace?" Taehyung waddled to Baekhyun while clutching on his favourite teddy.

 

"We'll go after I finished cooking all these foods so that we can eat together later. Why don't you go and watch the TV for the time being, okay sweetie?" Baekhyun said while stirring the soup in the pot.

 

Taehyung obligatorily follow Baekhyun's order and waddled his way towards the leisure room.

 

 

An hour had passed and Baekhyun had already packed the foods in several colorful containers to be brought along to Jung Corp.

 

Baekhyun went to get Taehyung and change the toddler's outfit. Once both of them had change, Baekhyun carried the toddler and grabbed on the containers, making his way to the company.

 

 

The taxi halted in front of the Jung Corporation. Baekhyun paid the fare and made his way into the company while holding Taehyung's little hand. He then made his way to the receptionist.

 

"Hello. Welcome to Jung Corporation. How may I help you sir?" the receptionist asked politely.

 

"Hi, I'm here for Mr. Jung Daehyun." Baekhyun replied.

 

"Did you make any prior appointment sir?"

 

"No I haven't"

 

"I'll try to connect to his secretary, please wait for a while."

 

"Alright, thank you."

 

The receptionist dialed a number and once the line was connected, she conversed with the person on the other line.

 

"Excuse me sir, but would you mind telling me your name for identification?" the receptionist asked.

 

"I'm Byun- I mean, Jung Baekhyun, his husband. Is he busy right now?"

 

The receptionist's eyes widened, shocked.

 

"I-I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you're his husband. I'm truly sorry for not recognizing you Mr. Jung Baekhyun." the girl got flustered and continuously bowing and muttering repetitive frantic sorry towards the pup.

 

"Hey hey, that's okay. It's not that I've been here before so it is possible for people here not recognizing me. I should be the one who said sorry for not introducing myself earlier. Silly me~"

 

Baekhyun gave a cheeky smile, making the girl loosen up a bit. The girl blushed.

 

"Mr. Jung Daehyun is having a meeting right now but the meeting will be over in 15 minutes. You can wait for him in his room on the 15th floor. His room is at the end of the hallway." the receptionist assisted.

 

"Okay, thank you for your hospitality. Have a good day!" Baekhyun waved towards the girl, who waved back awkwardly. Heck, she just talked to the devil's husband!

 

 

Baekhyun waited for Daehyun inside the latter's office with little Taehyungie.

 

20 minutes had passed and Baekhyun could hear people conversing outside the office. He peeked through the blind to see if Daehyun was outside. Yeah, there he is. But the younger was not alone. He was with a woman. Specifically, a hot oxygen constricting-dressed young woman who was unmistakenly caught by Baekhyun's hawk eyes trying to flirt with his dear husband!

 

 

Daehyun shook hands with the girl and gave her a smile. He then said his bye to the girl and opened up his office door. Little did he expect was a toddler going to crash onto him, making him stumbled a bit.

 

"Dae-hyung~~ You're here!" Taehyung hugged Daehyun's leg.

 

"Hey Tae, watcha doin' here? Who brought you here huh?" Daehyun ruffled the toddler's hair and lift up the kid and sat him on his arm. He then faced another human presence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter