Let's Play House!

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: Let’s Play House!

 

Okay. How should we start? Right. It was only 5 minutes ago the couple came back from France and now they’re standing in their love house as if it wasn’t theirs. Baekhyun felt that his eyes were playing tricks on him. There's a boy around the age of 3 was sitting there, on his sofa, staring at him with large doe eyes. Okay. Whose child's missing here?

 

"Oh, you guys're back! Have fun on your honeymoon?"

 

A voice was heard from the kitchen. Baekhyun could see his one and only father in law peeked from the kitchen, his hand was holding a kiddie pororo mug filled with what it seems like chocolate milk. Okay, the old man presence explained the unusual existence of another human being there. That old man could wreck havoc anywhere. Anytime.

 

"Dad, what's Taehyung doing here?" Daehyun deadpanned. He was used to the old man antics.

 

"Oh, your Yuri-noona got something to do in Berlin. So she and her husband went there to settle things. She needs someone to take care of this little guy here. So I'm being a lovely angel for once, decided to take care of this poor guy here, on your behalf I mean. I'm just too busy for that. Need to fly to U.K. tomorrow." Dongha shrugged, as he didn't dump his responsibility to the newlyweds.

 

Daehyun rubbed his temple. This old man had gone to another level of insanity. There’s no way we could bring him back.

 

"Dad, if you COULDN'T take care of Taehyungie here why would you TAKE the damn task to do it?! You know I would be going to work soon and Baek here got his cafe to manage. How the hell are we supposed to take care of the kid?"

 

Daehyun let out a frustrating sigh. His old man is going to be the death of him someday.

 

"Yo, chill son. That's why I've got extra workers added to the cafe so that Baekkie wouldn't need to go to the cafe anymore. He just needs to go there if something came up. So Baek, you just sit here at home and be a good wifey."

 

For once, Daehyun felt that the old man was making the right decision. Oh, and when the old barf asked him to marry Baekhyun. That's the old man's greatest decision ever!

 

If Baekhyun's going to spend most of his time at home, he'll make more time for the younger.

 

'Fantastic! Good one old man. Good one.'

 

Daehyun mentally praised his lunatic father.

 

Baekhyun could only nod dazedly towards his father in law. He’s not a ‘no’ person when it comes to that old man alright. Baekhyun then made his way towards the said kid and crouched in front of the young boy to match their eyes. Baekhyun then gave the kid a gentle smile.

 

“Hi sweetie, what’s your name?”

 

The young boy looked a bit shy. He clutched on his teddy bear while muttering his name shyly.

 

“Taehyung.”

 

Baekhyun smiled at the response and ruffled the boy’s hair. Taehyung blushed harder.

 

“Alright Taehyungie, hyung’s name is Baekhyun. You can call me Baek-hyung. You know what, I’ve got this bi~g teddy upstairs and I call him Mr. Ted. I bet Mr. Ted would like to play with you. Do you want to?” Baekhyun said while spreading his arms wide to emphasize the size of the teddy bear. Upon hearing that, Taehyung eyes were glimmered with excitement.

 

“Really? Is Mr. Ted really thi~s big? Does he really wanna play with me?” Taehyung bombarded Baekhyun with questions while mimicking the older on how big Mr. Ted is. Baekhyun chuckled. This boy is too adorable.

 

“Yeah. He’s rea~~~lly big that he’s almost as tall as you. Now, let’s go play with him shall we?” Baekhyun rose from his spot and give his hand out for the boy to hold. Taehyung smiled cheerily and held the older’s hand while getting down the sofa.

 

“Let’s go~”

 

Taehyung excitedly bouncing in his place while chattering on he wanted to befriend with Mr. Ted while Baekhyun listened to the boy tentatively, once in a while letting out a chuckle.

 

Not far from them, Daehyun watched the beautiful scene in amusement. His lips was etching with a warm smile. Dongha who has been watching his son since earlier, couldn’t help but to smile along. When his son’s happy, he’s happy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter