Of Ferris Wheel Story

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: Of Ferris Wheel Story

 

The couple arrived at the amusement park, which only took 20 minutes drive from their house. Baekhyun was wearing printed white tee topped with blue plaid shirt. He excitedly got out of the car and being all jumpy, once in a while he tugged on his thin strapped backpack whenever the strap slipped from his shoulder, resulting from his jumpiness and giddiness.

 

 

Daehyun on the other hand, got of the car coolly, all calm and reserved. He felt like he was a single father bringing his child to an amusement park. He wore a simple sleeveless white tee topped with grey cardigan and a pair of sunglasses, to look cool he said.

 

 

After purchasing their tickets, both entered the amusement park grounds. Baekhyun mouth was opened wide and his eyes sparkled at the scene before him. He could see all types of rides laid out in front of him, and a human sized teddy bear giving out free balloons to kids.

 

“Dae! Let’s go there! No no, how about there! I wanna go ride the roller coaster! I’m so pumped up!” Baekhyun squealed.

 

Daehyun shook his head and chuckled at the older’s childishness. Someone’s getting excited ey?

 

“How bout we eat something first then we’ll go play all the rides that you want. Deal?”

 

“Deal!” Baekhyun cheerily replied.

 

 

Both of them made their way to the food stall nearby. They decided to eat something light, a hot dog would be a good choice. Baekhyun ate the food happily while swinging his legs like a little kid who got his favourite candy. Daehyun noticed the ketchup smeared on the corner of Baekhyun’s lips.

 

‘What a messy eater.’

 

Daehyun took a piece of tissue and wiped the corner of Baekhyun’s lips.

 

“Aigoo, I felt like I was bringing a kid with me.” Daehyun laughed. Baekhyun on the other hand, tried his best not to blush at the younger’s gesture. His heart doing this flip flop thingy. He covered his flustered state by glaring at the younger, in which he failed miserably.

 

“I’m not a kid. Stop treating me like one! And I’m actually older than you, you buttwipe.” Baekhyun retorted sassily.

 

Instead of feeling threaten, Daehyun felt like he’s being scrutinized by a fluffy grumpy puppy. He laughed even louder at the image.

 

“Okay okay. You’re not a kid, I know. Let’s finish this so that we could go for ice cream later.”

 

Baekhyun’s face changed into somewhat happy-giddy puppy, in just a matter of milliseconds, all due to ice cream being mentioned by the younger. Bipolar much? He happily finished his food while chanting ‘ice-cream, chocolate chip ice cream~’ cheerily.

 

‘See, this pup is basically a kid in an adult body. How come he’s older than I am?’

 

 

The couple went on the first ride, the swing-ride. Baekhyun excitedly plopped himself on the swing chair while the staff there strapped the customer’s belt, for security purpose. Daehyun sat himself next to Baekhyun’s swing.

 

‘Why am I agreeing to this? This is so uncool. Gosh, there goes my image. So long charismatic Daehyun.’

 

The staff made an announcement for the guests to be prepared for the ride. Then the swings started to move further up, until they were about 10 metres above the ground.

 

“Dae! It’s going up! Wohooo!” Baekhyun squealed. He giggled as he felt being lifted off the ground.

 

But that didn’t last long, the first few rounds the ride was bearable. But the next round the swings were swinging faster, and Baekhyun was screaming like a lunatic.

 

“NOOOOOO! PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOOOOOOWN! UWAAAHHHH! STOP THIS ING THING! NOOOOOOOOO HO HO HOOOOO!”

 

And the cycle continued with Baekhyun threw bunch of curses and wailing on his swing, while Daehyun laughed his as$ off due to the latter antics. The ride eventually stopped after a few moments. Daehyun got off without a problem, but Baekhyun on the other hand, wobbling his way down the swing. He was swaying left and right, completely in daze. Guess his soul was left above. Baekhyun managed to get to Daehyun and grabbed on the younger’s arm, still in wobbly steps.

 

“I swear I’m not going to ride that cursed thing again. Ever.” Baekhyun muttered. His face paled.

 

Daehyun just laughed and lead the pup to calm himself down. Maybe to the toilet as the latter face had gone green, as if he’ll puke anytime soon. Toilet would be a great choice.

 

 

After calmed himself down, which consist of emptying his gut out and eating a bunch of mint flavoured candy, his face eventually regained colour. Here again, he became cheery, as if he hadn’t rode that evil swing before. The couple strode along the park’s ground and came across a haunted house. There was a bloody sign in front of the haunted house, red paint splattered across the sign, read as ‘House of Horror’ and there’s a picture of long haired woman wearing white tattered gown, making it eerily creepy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter