Chapter 2

I Love You

Chapter 2

"How about you, hyung, do you like Dara?"

Jiwon sighed before answering Heechul's question, with a smile he said,
"Well, of course I like her.. She is like my little sister, it's nice to have a junior like her".

What a rhetorical answer, Heechul thought, he just wanted to ask again, but Mino chimed in Jiwon's answer.
"Eeyyy, hyung, that sounds very rhetorical. Do you like her like a man likes a woman?"

'Today he will kill his two dongsaeng', Jiwon thought.
"Ooo..  well, of course all men like Dara, who doesn't like her, hahaha...", Jiwon answered like nonchalant .

"That's right, many men like Dara, but I didn't expect a man like you who can be her crush for 25 years!" , Kyuhyun joined the conversation to add the heat of the atmosphere.

'Correction, today he will kill three of his dongsaeng', Jiwon changed his mind.

Seeing Jiwon uncomfortable with this conversation, Dara was actually quite disappointed, but she didn't want to make her relationship with Jiwon  getting worse.

"Hahaha.. I'm sure many Sechskies fans feel the same way as me, 25 years still a loyal fan.. ", Dara hopes this conversation ends with her words. She immediately took her glass and took a sip of its contents, which was still half full. Jiwon glancing at Dara, there was a sense of disappointment to hear her answer.

'So it's true that all this time she only see me as his idol. Eun Jiwon, wake up! Its better like this', his mind raced.

Heechul saw it! Yes, he saw Jiwon's disappointment after hearing Dara's words, even if it was only for a moment, because it seemed that Jiwon immediately realized, but from earlier he had been observing Jiwon's face, he really wanted to know Jiwon's true feelings. 'Well, this is interesting', Heechul thought. He will carry out the next plan.

---
After 4 hours, the event was finally over, Jiwon felt very relieved. 11 p.m. Today he is not drunk, he only drank 1 small glass, because he will drive his own car to go home. Jiwon had planned to going home soon after this filming was over, he didn't want to go anywhere, which  made a question from another, and he reasoned his stomach not feeling well so he couldn't drink as usual. Jiwon was preparing to leave the restaurant, then he heard Heechul talking to Dara.

"Dara-ya, I'm sorry, I can't take you back home. Me, Kyuhyun, and Mino will go to Kyuhyun's house for the second part, hahaha", said Heechul with a drunk voice.

"Okay, it's okay, I can call my manager or order taxi to go home", Dara answered Heechul with an understanding tone. Earlier she went here with Heechul, Heechul forced her.

Dara was about to call her manager, but Heechul spoke again.
"Yah! It's too late, don't go home by taxi and don't call your manager either. Jiwon Hyung, you're not drunk today, right? And you brought your own car, right? The direction of your way home is the same as Dara, how about you take Dara home? It's better than Dara take a taxi."

'In what way should I kill this dongsaeng, immediately or slowly', Jiwon cursed Heechul in his mind.

Once again, Jiwon sighed before responding to Heechul's words.
"Okay, no problem, I can take Dara home, do you mind Dara?", Jiwon certainly can't refuse Heechul's request, he also feels uncomfortable if Dara goes home alone.

Dara was surprised by Jiwon's response, she looked at Jiwon long enough to confirm the seriousness of Jiwon's words, and she did not see the compulsion in his eyes.

"Okay, I'll go home with you, thank you Jiwon Oppa ..", Dara smiled at Jiwon. A smile that was actually normal, but for Jiwon its able to make his heart tremble.

"Okay, let's go home. Bye everyone, good job today.", Jiwon said goodbye to his three dongsaengs and the remaining crew.

---
"Oppa, sorry to bother you...", as soon as she got into Jiwon's car, Dara immediately apologized, because she really felt bad for Jiwon. Dara also thought about whether Heechul was planning something for her.

"It's okay, it's not troublesome at all", Jiwon replied, "Are you wearing your seat belt?", Jiwon checked if Dara was ready.
"Yes, it is," Dara replied.
"Okay, direct the way.", Jiwon said as he started to drive his vehicle.

An awkward atmosphere was felt for a few minutes of the journey, both of them were silent in their own thoughts.
"Oppa, what about your stomach, is it still hurting ? ", finally Dara broke the silence between them.

Jiwon was surprised to hear Dara's question, because actually he wasn't sick at all. With a bit of a stammer, Jiwon replied, "Now it doesn't hurt, maybe the medicine has worked".

"Hmmm.. then.. Oppa do you mind if we stop by the drive thru coffee shop for a while?", Dara asked nervously. She really needed a latte right now to put her mind and heart at ease.

'Can I refuse her request? Of course, I can.. '
"Okay.. we stop by first.."
'what's with his brain and mouth, why are they out of sync', Jiwon grumbled to himself.

"Thank you Oppa," Dara said with a relieved smile.
Not long after, Jiwon directed his car to a coffee shop.
"What do you want to order?" Jiwon asked while looking at the menu on the side of his car.
"Mintchoco Latte", Dara replied.
"Okay, I'll order it", Jiwon then ordered a latte for him and for Dara.
After paying and taking his order, Jiwon suddenly asked,
"Would you like to drink this latte at Han River?"

He doesn't know what entered his mind, Jiwon himself was surprised. Being able to be alone with Dara now, make him very happy even though his mind and heart continue to argue. But for once, he wanted to be selfish, he wanted to enjoy his company with Dara more longer. Yes, just for tonight, for the last time.

"Okay Oppa, we can go to Han River," Dara replied in a soft voice. She doesn't know why Jiwon suddenly asked her, she feels happy and worried, whether Jiwon will ask her to stop talking about her feelings, whether Jiwon wants them not to talk to each other anymore. Even so, Dara wants to take advantage of this opportunity, maybe this is the last chance for her, a chance to re-express her true feelings to Jiwon.

---
"Do you want to be in the car or sit by the riverbank ?", Jiwon asked after parking the vehicle.
"Hmmm.. sitting on the riverbank", replied Dara after seeing the situation around the riverbank.

After all, they are both celebrities, Dara doesn't want anyone to see them and create rumors, she doesn't want her relationship with Jiwon to get worse.

After looking for a seat that looked deserted, the two of them sat down, not too close, looking out at the beauty of the Han River at night and enjoying each other's latte.

"So, you won't be releasing a solo album this year?", Jiwon broke the silence between them.
Dara nodded, talking about her solo album made her heart feel tight. She often asks herself if she deserves to be a solo singer. It's been more than 1 year since she joined her new agency, many songs have been recorded, but until now she hasn't found a really high quality collection of songs for her album.

"I don't think you should put too much pressure on yourself. This is your first solo album, choose a song that you really like and match the color of your voice. If you keep thinking that the album will fail, then you won't move a step from where you are standing now. You have to be optimistic, but if the results don't match your expectations, learn and try again so that the results will get better.", Jiwon gave his advice to Dara sincerely.

Being 25 years in the industry with all its changes, ups and downs, sweet and bitter, Jiwon has experienced it himself. He understands Dara's doubts and nervousness about releasing her solo album.

Actually, all of her friends and agency given her the same advice, but Jiwon's words just now gave Dara a certain peace of mind.
"Thank you Oppa .. ", replied Dara while giving the sweetest smile, "How about you Oppa, do you have any plans to release a solo album or Sechskies album?".

His heart skipped a beat when he saw that smile. Suddenly there was a feeling of wanting to see that smile every day. 'Aaahhhhh, wake up!', Jiwon cursed his mind.

"Hmmm... Sechskies and I are indeed preparing a new album. But it looks like we won't be releasing it this year. YG is currently prioritizing young groups. We who are old are quite self-aware, hahaha .. ", replied Jiwon.

Yes, being in an agency as big as YG which have many great groups or singers, of course makes Jiwon and the other group members very aware of their position. Even so, YG still appreciates and supports them to continue working under YG. Yes, he and his group are just waiting for the right time to release their new album.

Dara smiled back at Jiwon. She really admires Jiwon. Jiwon never pushes his will, he always considers other people's opinions, and he is very serious when doing his job.
"Oppa.."