My 18th Birthday

Twisted in love

"Chinguuuu, Irronaseyo!!!!!" the voice  scream at my ear, "What?" I asked her.  She just smiled at me with such a angelic smile, I reach for something and hit her with it.  "YA! aish! so that's what is it huh? ok, it's on" she said as she hit me with the same pillow i hit her with.  It was always like that everytime, she has been my friend since we moved in seoul.  "Ok, ok, I'll stop, as long that you do too, Yuri" i told her with a bit of sarcasm in my tone.  Yuri kim, she's the same age as me but I was a bit older than her, more like a few month's older.  Since  we moved in seoul,  she has been my best friend ever since,  despite that she doesn't know the secret I have been hiding.  "I have something for you" Yuri said to me, "what is it? Don't tell me you got me tickets to a concert with the most charming men in the entire korea" I told her with such excitement, but then she suddenly flick me on my forehead. "Aww, What's that for?" I asked her.  "Pabo, I didn't get you that, you know that I can't asked omma for something like that, even tho we both wanted to see BAP" she said as she sulk infront of me.  "True, aish, I don't understand why your mom think that it's a waste of time and money to adore such beautiful men" i said to her as i was pointing at the poster next to my bed.  Yuri nodded, "but you know what?" she said to me, "What?" as I look at her, "do you know what today is?" she asked, i think for a second, then, she suddenly hit me on my arm, "aww, what's that for?" i asked her again.  "My dear Chingu, Ms. Ailee Park, Did you just forget that it's your 18th birthday today?" Yuri scolded me, i just look at her, "So, what if it's my birthday" I told her and continue,  "It's not like I'm going to find prince charming once i turn 18" I said as i sulk holding my pillow that she hit me before.  "Aiyeee, Don't be like that...you will find your prince soon...but, forget about that, we should be celebrating..you're 18 girl...and soon i will be too..besides, the things i prepare for you downstairs will just be waste if you don't get your out of your bed", she said as we both laugh, it was a saturday, and there's no school.  A day filled with just girl talk and shopping, in which what we do every weekend, except the time that her brother treat us to a nice restaurant just to remind us that we are soon out of high school and that was his consolation for us, since he was about to enlist in the army.  It was a sad yet happiest moment in my friend's life.  As I get out of bed, I notice that Yuri was in a trans looking at the poster of our fave band, and out of nowhere, "Ailee, what if..one of the boys are in our school, would that be awesome!...I'm sure alot of girls will be all over him, would that be nice" she ended.  Yeah, It would be nice, if one of the BAP member goes to our school, but that was just wishful thinking.  "I'm up, yuri" as i interrupted her, "great, come on, follow me" she said with such witty, I giggle, "Ok".  As we go down the stairs, I sense something unusual, Yuri was literraly running down the stairs like a little child, "Yuri, wait up" as i call for her, but with just one glimpse, she's gone.   Our house is dark,  i can't see anything on my way, what is going on? Is it Night time? but i just saw the sun today, and as I reach the last step a sudden burst of light surprised me with my mom and Yuri holding a cake as they sing happy birthday,  in which i almost trip but i was quick on holding on to the rail of the stairs.  My best friend prepare such a nice surprised birthday for me.  With balloons and banner's that was hang on the wall, my mom cook my favorite dish, Japchae.  The smell and aroma of the food as I eat them was watering in my mouth.  "Ailee, dear, eat slow, you might choke". my mom told me as i chow them like there's no tomorrow, Yuri was laughing at me.  I look at her with annoyance, "What?" I said with food still stuffed in my mouth,  "nothing, you look like a kid eating" she teased.  Since she was sitting next to me, i kick her foot that she almost burst her plate towards my mom, I almost choke as i witness her clumsyness. "So, what else did you prepare for me today?" I asked Yuri, she then look at me, like she got caught doing something bad.  "This is all of it" she said while pointing at the table,the balloon and the banner at the wall, "What! that's it? no let's go shopping for your birthday present or I'll treat you to a movie?, whoa!...you are something, Ms. Kim" I told her despite my dissapointment.  Yuri smile sheepisly as she pulled out her bag and dig inside, "Ta-da, What?, you think i forget did you?" she said as she handed me what it seems to be a present, i took it from her and immediately open it, my eyes widen to see what was inside. "It's a bracelet, just like mine" she said as she showed me her's wrap around her brace. "A friendship bracelet, aww, Yuri..I love it, and it has a best friend on it too" I said, as i hug her tightly.  "Omma, look what Yuri got me" I told my mom, as I showed her the bracelet, "Pretty, like you two" my mom said smiling at us.  I never asked for something towards my mom, since i knew what she had been thru as I grow up, the hardship she deal to keep the secret I had, her love and protection is enough for me, but i never expect her to hand me something, "Here, this is for you my dear" my mom said as she handed me a box that looks out of this world. "What is it omma?" i asked her, "Open it, and you will see what it is" she said.  "Hurry up, I wanna see" Yuri excitedly said to me, she seems more excited than I am to be honest.  As I open it, a sudden burst of light surprised me, it was a necklace with a heart pendant, it was illuminating, I don't know why but something was inside of the pendant, sort of like a crystal of some sort. I look at my mom, she smiled and said "I know it was the right time to hand it to you, dear, since you are 18 already, it's time for you to found someone to lift the curse and be forever a human".  With that a tear suddenly fell down on my face, it was the most beautiful thing.  What I was hoping for, Yuri look both me and my mom, "What is happening here? What curse? what do you mean by forever human, omonie?" she then said with curiosity.  For a moment we forgot that Yuri was with us, that it bring us back to reality, my mom smiled at her "Yuri dear, I think it's time for you two to go and watch that movie" she then said to her.  "Ah, that's right, I almost forget, Ailee, since you are the celebrant, I'll let you pick what movie we should watch today" she then said to me.  "Hmmm, what about, let's just go hang out for the rest of the day...I'm not really in a mood to watch a movie" i honestly said to her. Yuri nodded, "Ok, sound's good to me" she then said as she smiled widely. As we finish out food, we gather up our things and headed outside, "let's go" she happily said.  Mom walk us out the door, since Yuri got her license first before mine, she went and took her brother's car, without him knowing since he was in the army.  We both waved goodbye to my mom, as we are leaving, I noticed something creepy, hiding behind the bushes, the person seems to be wearing a hoodie.  I don't know why but he seems familiar to me, perhaps he was someone I knew when I was little. As we passed by this stranger, the person was looking at me, as I notice that his eyes was not human but like a creepy creatures that human species despise.