Embarrassed

Two Doors Down

 

Yoongi is going crazy.

Ever since two weeks ago at the coffee shop, Jimin's found ways to make every little encounter feel like a pound on the back of a sledgehammer, building upon the guilt on his shoulders until he was confused whether he should strangle the other boy or himself.

  The younger would pop out of nowhere, spewing stories or news of the day that would trigger a piece of Yoongi's memory, along with giving him heart attack. Yoongi didn't want to be so affected by Jimin's antics of leaving notes behind like "Hyung, i'd like to see some of the poetry you wrote when you were little. I bet they were adorable!", or texting him about a suspense drama he was watching, but it ticked him off each time when he thought that Jimin was probably teasing him. It made him mad, and nervous. Nervous enough for the roles to switch; so Yoongi would hide from Jimin whenever the younger was around the corner or was heading in his direction. He hated it. Jumping behind a big person or shoving his face in his shirt were both very tiring. 

 Yoongi currently was sprawled on his bed, staring at the ceiling and letting the cold November air flow in from his window as he ignored Jimin's texts and scrolled through his list of anime to watch. It probably said something about watching a really good drama about betrayal and murder and betrayal and love and murder. Yoongi tried not to care. He didn't really like dramas. Or murder.

 He flinched when his phone blared and Namjoon's face appeared on his screen, and swiped the green button to answer.

"Hello?"

"Yo, Yoong-hyung, we have practice."

"Now?"

"Get your fat down here we're waiting for you, Gramps."

"Wait, everyone's there? We had practice today?"

"Well, Jin isn't here yet. . .but yeah hurry up; we have 34 days left until the showcase and we have to make everything perfect."

"Do I have to-"

"YAH, QUICKLY!" He hung up, leaving Yoongi to lazily curl to his side on his blue duvet and dream off. 

 Lately, Yoongi has been reluctant to go to practice, because of a certain younger boy (*cough* Jimin *cough*). There was a deep, overwhelming feeling whenever Yoongi glanced at Jimin; with the reality of him being his childhood backbone and only support in his young, tough world. As much as he wanted to happily fall into Jimin's arms, Yoongi ends up being too embarrassed and panicked whenever he sees him.

Maybe it was the shock from seeing him. Maybe it was his pride. Maybe Yoongi was embarrassed about crying to and hugging Jimin so much when he was younger that he wanted to hide under a rock.

Whatever it was, Yoongi tried to brush it aside as he rose to get ready, shrugging at the mirror and strolling out the door. The air was chilly as he wrapped a thick scarf around his neck, practically choking himself under the wool heap. The dance studio was only two blocks from his apartment building, but Yoongi found enough to complain about when the cold hit his thin legs through his sweats and hugged his ears.

 Few people were on the street when he walked into the studio and threw his coat and scarf to one side, greeting the guys and plopping himself down to where they sat on the floor.

"Okay," Namjoon began, "now we'll just wait for Jin and we'll be set to go."

"Isn't Seokjin hyung older than you?" Jimin asked. "Why do you call him Jin?"

"Because he lets me."

Hoseok groaned. "Why is he taking so long  what is he doing. . ."

"Probably trying to decide which sweater to wear, and which earmuffs would match, and which lip gloss would match, and what shoes to wear-"

"Hey," Yoongi nudged Namjoon's shoulder with his toe. "did Jin hyung move in yet?"

At that, Namjoon blushed, not looking up from his phone. "Yeah. He had a lot of stuff, though, so my place is full. It's uh, it's nice, though. Waking up and being able to say good morning to someone or having someone cook dinner. He even cleaned everything up! Everything!"

Yoongi laughed, suddenly hyper aware of Jimin sitting a few inches from him. "He probably called you a messy slug and complained about you the whole time."

"Who did?" Seokjin walked in while placing his belongings in a corner, wearing a light blue sweater, jeans, and matching shoes.

"You, hyung."

Namjoon grinned up at Seokjin, who was saying something about having to buy air refreshener and bleach and other supplies after the practice was done so the place could "look cleaner", because "people shouldn't live in a sweaty, hormonal danger zone coated in testosterone and maple syrup".

 "OKAY!" Hoseok guided the guys to the middle of the dance room, facing the large mirrors and clasping his hands together. "According to the details, we have thirty-four days until the showcase. Thirty-four days until we can shock people with our electrifying moves, and burn them with our hot fire whapow!" He deepened his voice and made what sounded to Yoongi video game noises and flailed his arms around.

Jungkook cocked his head. "Hyung, what are you doing?"

"Okay, I know I showed you the steps for the first song. I'm just gonna play the music and watch you dance to see what you know, and we can fix whatever is wrong. We can focus on singing and rapping the parts later. Tae, remember to jump high, okay? Seokjin, try not to hit anyone. And Jimin," he ruffled the younger boy's hair. "just try your best."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Yoongi hated how close Jimin was. He hated how his eyes kept flitting back to the boy. He hated how Jimin was such a good dancer; fluid movements powered with perfect energy and emotion to give forth to an audience. Yoongi hated how he loved it.

He remembered Jimin would sing and dance to cheer him up, but it was usually really silly and stupid that it masked his talent. Yoongi wished he could have realized that sooner, since he was distracted enough to accidentally step on Namjoon's foot, kick the back of Jungkook's knee, and blush profusely when Jimin smiled in his direction.

When the music stopped, Hoseok hummed. "Okay so," He made large hand gestures and speculated the group, "my little dongsaengs are doing ah-MAZING and my old hyungs are doing, uh, well you're doing  horrible."

Namjoon scrunched his face.

"NAM. JOON. HYUNG." he added, "I know the steps might be hard to remember, sweetie, but please don't just stand in the middle and contemplate what comes next." He walked like a drill sergeant and stopped in front of Seokjin. "SEOK. JIN. HYUNG."
  "Uh. . .yes?"
  "Don't flap your arms too much, contrOL them, control them."

  "Okay." 

 Hoseok stopped at Yoongi and looked at him, a hidden smirk present on his face.

"Punk, are you glaring me down?"

"MIN. YOON. GI. HYUNG." He smirked. "Stop staring at Jimin."

   Yoongi couldn't stop his deep blush when the others laughed at him, while Jimin smiled and shyly looked at the floor.

"Focus. I know you can do well, but today you really and I kNOW YOU CAN DO BETTER! I know Jimin is cute and all and he looks great when he dances, but focus so this can work well. Okay?"

 "YAH!" He yelled at Jungkook, who commented about his cheeks, "I'M NOT BLUSHING!"

"Hyung looks like a strawberry. . ."

"What the heck, Taehyung."

"I like strawberries, but you're ugly."

Yoongi huffed. "Can we practice?"

"YES!" Hoseok walked over to the stereo and played the background music, (since they had to put in the vocals themselves), counting the beat and helping them perfect their steps. Even after the water breaks, excruciating practice, and reprimands from his hyungs, Yoongi couldn't stop glancing at Jimin every now and then. He still couldn't get over the fact that he was the same boy he stuck to when he was younger. Man, puberty did him well,  Yoongi thought.  How did he grow up so much in seven years? He knows, right? He would know who I am. Or would he? Did he forget who I was? Probably not. . .the way he's acting all the time. . . .I wonder if he hates me. Does he hate me?  Did he miss me? Why would he miss me, he was the one who cracked all of the jokes and let me cry, god damn it he probably hates me-

"HYUNG!" Yoongi snapped out of  his thoughts when Namjoon snapped a finger over his eyes. "Is something wrong? You can't seem to focus. Is something on your mind?"

"Uh, nah, it's nothing. Just tired, that's all."

"I'm tired too," Jimin whined.

"I'm not." Taehyung rolled around the studio with Jungkook following him around like a hopping frog. 

"Let's," Seokjin wheezed, "let's wrap that up for today."

"I wanna do something fun, though."

"Let's all hang out!"

"Where?"

Hoseok thought. "Let's go to Yoongi hyung's house!"

"WHAT-"

"I haven't been there before, and I heard you have lots of movies and stuff. Come on, let's go."

Namjoon already had his coat and shades on, casually standing by the door and waiting for the rest.

"I hate you guys." Yoongi groaned and shrugged on his coat.

"We love you, too."

 

 

A/N:

lol ok i wanted to get into detail about which songs they're performing but this was so long soooo

i cant wait to write the chapter after the next one

im screaming because of the number of views beCASEU HOWWW

we had high school orientation yesterday and idk what to feel cuz school starts in 5 days blehhhhhhhhh

ok so i was working on a new cover for this story and then we installed windows into this computer and replaced Linux and blah and now my work is gone and i have to start over im so upset rn

thank you to everyone who read this <3 i love you guys a lot