Jimin's Stress

Two Doors Down

 

 "Who are you?" Yoongi asked again, more boldly this time.  "You're a student at the college, right? You look familiar."

Jimin didn't move from his position, but only whimpered when he saw the small shards of glass stuck between cuts in his hands.

"You're that weird kid who's jumping around all the time. What's up with that?" he made a face. "Do you like. . . have some sort of anxiety or something?"

The boy on the floor stared back in horror.

Yoongi looked at Jimin more fiercely. "But what the hell are you doing in my apartment? You can't just barge into someone's house! I could call the security guards on you right now! What are you doing on my floor?!"

Jimin didn't respond, but only winced when he moved his right hand.

 Yoongi groaned. "Get out."

"Wha-"

"Get out!" he set Mimi down on the floor. "Is this your cat? Why did I find a cat under my bed, huh? Is that why you're here? "

Jimin meekly nodded, then Yoongi let out a frustrated sigh.

 "Look. I see you're hurt and all, but that's your fault! If you could have, I don't know, let me KNOW that your cat was in my apartment, I would have gotten it for you! Now look at the mess you're in. You. . . you broke my glass! Yah! That was expensive! I have to clean all of this up now aishh. . ."

"If. . ." Jimin suddenly felt a boiling anger rising within him. "If you closed your door before leaving the house, I wouldn't even be in this situation! I wouldn't have been here to begin with!" he fisted his hands, which sent a wave of pain, but the boy chose to ignore it. "I would be out of your hair,"  he continued, "and you still wouldn't remember who I am! That's how you want it, right?" he was close to crying. "How could you. . .how could you just. . ." Jimin found the emotions he locked away for the past year spill from its sealed prison. He buried his face in his arm as warm tears slowly trailed down his face. 

"Whoah. . . um, are you crying?" Something seemed to click inside Yoongi as he saw Jimin's tears streak down his chin from under his arm; gleaming under the ceiling light. ". . . . . .are you okay?"

Mimi trotted towards Jimin and nuzzled his side, deciding to sleep there once she found the right position. 

 "I'll . . . i'll go bring some bandages."

A few minutes passed when Jimin's breathing was level again and the tears stopped. He sat disheartedly on the floor and stared blankly, thinking about leaving before Yoongi came.

"I'm back, you rude crybaby." Yoongi awkwardly smiled and juggled a white bin filled with warm water in one hand, a box of first aid supplies in the other, and a roll of toilet paper under his chin. He flopped to the ground next to Jimin.

"Aigoo. . . .you better be grateful. Not many people treat their intruders so well, unlike I do."
He glanced at Jimin with a cocky grin. "That's just how great I am."

Jimin flinched when Yoongi took one of his hands and dipped it in the water; carefully rubbing the blood stains off and taking out any large pieces of glass. 
  
  His touch was soft and cautious, Jimin noted, like it's always been.

He began to pull his hand away; feeling too tense and awkward. "You don't have to help me. I'll clean it up myself, or have a friend do it." He didn't look at Yoongi but nudged Mimi and turned to the door. "We'll be leaving now."
  He walked a few steps until he felt someone hold his shoulder and turn him around, slightly pushing him against the wall. Jimin felt his heart beat quicken. 
  "You're not going anywhere." Yoongi folded his arms and smirked. "You have a debt to pay me." He took Jimin's hands and examined them.

Jimin was sure that he never felt so angry before. He was usually the happy go lucky type; hugging the people he cared for and smiling at almost everything. But this was getting ridiculous.
  "Debt?" He shook his hands out of the blond's grip. "I have no debt to pay you. I kept the promise; you didn't. We're even now."
   Even? There was no way that Jimin could call that even, but it was the easiest way to escape Min Yoongi's place. 
  Yoongi looked confused. "What are you talking about? What promise? Dude, are you mistaking me for someone else? My name is Min Yoongi."
  "I know." Jimin breathed. "I hate you." his voice shook. "I hate you so much." He covered his hands with his hoodie sleeves and picked Mimi up, then walked out the door while shutting it behind him.