Poems

Two Doors Down

 The next two hours were spent singing somewhat well, dancing to Hoseok's hyper swing-a-doos, and fooling around like shaken-up soda bottles. But at least they got some work done. Some. Like how they found out that Taehyung and Jimin became best friends at the beginning of college, Taehyung and Hoseok together was equivalent to an atomic bomb, and Yoongi was pretty much an adorable grandpa on menopause. 

  It was when Seokjin suggested that they go to a coffee shop down the  street (not the same one that the others went to) since a poetry cafe was taking place, that Jimin's heart did a flip.

Poetry. 

Sitting in a coffee shop with Min Yoongi while listening to poetry, ah what a wonderful way to drown in memories and drink bittersweet cappuccinos.

Poetry was Yoongi's go-to when he found himself shaking from sudden fear as a child. It was a dark abyss which Jimin never prodded - after reading one of the poems by accident and looking at Yoongi in a more cautious and fearful way. 
 

Jimin knelt down next to Yoongi, who was frantically scribbling words into his notebook. He breathed heavily and cuts and bruises were etched onto patches of his pale skin, which made Jimin panic in worry. He's seen Yoongi with bruises before, ones he got from his abusive father and a couple of gangly boys on his street who called him many things, from "trash" to "pretty little thing". 

"Yoongi-" Jimin touched his shoulder. "What happened?" He noticed tears streaming down Yoongi's face as the boy flinched visibly at the touch.

 Yoongi ignored him and murmured inaudible words over and over again and continued to write in a blur. Blue ink was scribbled over the lined pages in a hurried rhythm, and Jimin tried to peek over his shoulder and read whatever was written.
 

Spiked walls tied with bones 

Chains wrapped around throats

They wonder if the young boy knows

How far screams can go
 

 "Yoongi, let's get some ice cream," Jimin tried not to let his voice shake and wrapped his arms around Yoongi's shoulders . "Yoongi did you hear Big Bang's new song? It was cool, wasn't it? Their outfits were really colorful! I wish I could be like them someday-"

"Go away. "

"Yoon-"

"Yah, go somewhere else and leave me alone!"

"But Yoongi-"

"LEAVE ME ALONE! IF MY DAD COULD IGNORE AND LET ME WATCH MY MOM SUFFER, THEN YOU CAN LEAVE ME ALONE TOO!" He wiped his eyes furiously and squeezed his fists. "GET THE HELL AWAY!"

Jimin sat next to him instead and inspected his wounds while muttering that he would never leave, no, he never would, and as cheesy as it sounded it was what he meant, and he would never leave if Yoongi needed him much more than what it seemed.

"What happened to your mom?"

"Leave."

"Yoongi, you have to tell me later, okay?"

"Why the hell do you care anyway? You're freaking annoying, you know that? Just get a-a-" Yoongi stammered and let out a sob while gripping his hair. "I don't want this to keep happening, please, just make it stop, make it stop for once please,"

Jimin gave him a quick reassuring hug and helped him stand up. "Come on,"

 They walked away with Yoongi sniffling and Jimin rubbing his back , while the stained notebook full of broken poems was left behind on the ground. 
 

 Now, Jimin was reminded of the many poems scratched onto sickly white paper he read when Yoongi wasn't looking or was asleep. They were anything but hopeful or cheery, with words that dared anyone to look into them - pieces of a wretched story from the mind of a child. Jimin remembered trying to bring Yoongi to a more sunny and cheerful point of perspective by often bringing him to ice cream stores or cafes - and they would end up eating anything that had sprinkles or chocolate on top.

"A poetry cafe? Like, people get to share poems and stuff?" he asked.

"Yeah it would be cool! Let's go." Namjoon began to walk out the door, while ranting about nothing in particular. 

Jimin glanced at Yoongi every few minutes, and saw a queasy expression on his face. He looked paler than usual and awkwardly smiled when Seokjin beamed at him from his side, and kept running his fingers through his hair.

So you remember something, at least. Jimin thought. Let's see how long it will take for you to break, Min Yoongi. How long will it take for you to remember me?

 

 

 

A/N:

ok so idk where the heck the poetry thing came from, but I guess it fits for Yoongi's past

you'll learn how yoongi ended up forgetting jimin in the future

btw that tiny poem was something i randomly scribbled rlly quickly so it's probably not a master-minded thing but really bad lol oops

but i love poetry. i love writing poetry >.<

also coffee. i love coffee.

to my readers, ily