Tae Comes Over

Two Doors Down

"Tae?" Jimin whispered into the phone once he locked himself and Mimi inside his apartment. "Can you come over?"

"Hyung did you dial someone again? Or like. . .did your pants fall on a blind date again?"

"Uh no-"

 A sudden trail of shaky laughter echoed from the line. "Don't move - i'll be right over!" a click was  heard from the other end of the line and Jimin let out a puff of air. 

This kid has too much time on his hands. . .

Jimin looked at the many small wounds on his palms and watched the pieces of glass glint in the light of the lamp. I just had to be an idiot and cry like a baby in front of him and get into this mess. . . . PARK JIMIN WHY COULDN'T YOU ACT LIKE A GOOD PERSON AND TALK TO HIM BEFORE? Just making it harder for yourself. . . 

Mimi mewled and strutted to a cardboard box laying in a corner. 

A loud knocking rapped on the door, accompanied with a loud voice. "Jimin i'm here! HELLO I'M HERE OPEN UP! JIMIN? JIMINNIE? U THERE? OPEN THE DOOR! JIMIN? HELLO-"

"God, Tae shut up! People are trying to sleep!"

Taehyung let himself in and took care to flop on the couch. 

"How are you here so quickly?"

"I live two floors down, remember?"

"Oh." Jimin smiled and walked over to sit with him with his legs propped up.

"What's up? You okay?"

"Uh. . . "

"Tell me tell me tell meEEEE! If you're telling someone, then tell your best friend first!"

"Okay, um, I told you about Min Yoongi before, right?"

"The guy you're always hiding from? The one who you used to be best friends with? The tiny blond dude?"

"Yeah him."

"I'm friends with him, yeah. He's a rapper."

"So um, funny story." Jimin tried to smile. "So Mimi barged into Yoongi sunbae's apartment when he left the door wide open after left with Namjoon. And so of course, I went to get her and I couldn't find her and Yoongi came home and he found me after I knocked over a glass and it crashed and I fell and. . ."

Taehyung imitated taking notes.

". . . my hands were bleeding. . .and then he was all 'who are you' and I started crying-"

"AWWWW MY JIMINNIE BABY CRIED," Taehyung wrapped the boy in a giant hug, which Jimin leaned into. 

 ". . . okay. . .he went to get stuff to help patch me up and. . .he was washing off the blood stains but it felt sO AWKWARD AND I JUST. . . .got up and left."

"Hmmm." Taehyung tapped a finger on his chin. "Lemme see your hands."

Jimin lifted them up, and could see small bruises and wounds which have not been tended to yet.

"Whoah~" He looked up. "Why didn't you let him treat you? This looks really bad,"

A glare was sent to Taehyung.

"Fine i'll help you. If-" he pointed at the elder. "You promise to watch Jaws and Pirates of the Caribbean with me. Without complaining."

"But-"

Taehyung tapped his hands and Jimin winced. "Fine."

 

After Taehyung managed to get every piece of glass out with the tiny tweezers and Jimin whined and wailed for the hour, he wrapped bandages around the dark-haired boy's palms and they waited while Jaws began to run. 

"I love this movie," Taehyung giggled and hugged the popcorn bowl.

"How many times did you watch it?"

"Maybe. . ." he pondered for a second. " . . twenty times?"

"Wha-" Jimin looked at him in shock, "you have HORRIBLE movie taste! I'm gonna have to take you and Jungkookie to see a real movie someday."

"Let's make it the day Kookie gets back! Please?"

"Yeah!" Jimin smiled. "Now shush, let's watch the movie."

"Oh ho ho hoooo~" Taehyung smiled widely and nudged Jimins shoulder. "I thought you didn't want to watch?"

"Shush!"

"Okayyyy." The orange-haired boy snuggled into the couch. "Oh hyung,"

"Yeah?"

"Me and a couple of friends are doing a collaboration and we need a singer who can do high notes. Can you do it?"

"What? Why?"

"Please?"

"Should I?"

"Pleeeease? I heard you sing before! It would be perfect!"

"Hmmm. . . ." Jimin seemed to enjoy seeing Taehyung pleading him to be a part of the. . .whatever they were doing. 

"Hyung? Please please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?"

"Okay."

"YES! YAAAAAY! HYUNG IS GONNA SING WITH US! WHOO! I'M GONNA CALL NAMJOON HYUNG!"

"Call Namjoon? Wait why-"

"Hello? Yeah, Namjoon? I found a replacement for Jin-hyung! I have a friend named Jimin, you heard of him? Sing? Yeah he sings really well. His high notes are definitely on-point. Tomorrow? Okay. Just let me know the time. Yeah bye."

Taehyung ended the call and squealed. "All my friends are collaborating and we're gonna perfom together this is gonna be so cool!" He swung his legs in excitement.

It was then that Jimin remembered that Namjoon and Yoongi had been talking about looking for a replacement for someone named Jin who was out sick. . .and it dawned on him.

"Tae. . . .i'm supposed to be singing with Yoongi?"

"Yup. And dancing."

"Tae!"

"What?"

Jimin whined and smacked his face into the pillow he was squeezing.

"This is going to be so awkward and embarrassing."

"Sorry. Hey, maybe you two could patch things up!"

"How? Do I just go up to him and say 'Hey, nice to meet you. Guess what? I used to be your bestest friend during your childhood and we made a promise not to forget each other but you broke that promise and I hid from you for a year let's collaborate well, shall we?'"

"You could do that."

Jimin took a pillow and hit Taehyung, who laughed and grabbed a pillow to hit him back.

"Seriously, though. What do I do?" 

"Say sorry for leaving like that, first of all. Sorry is always a great way to start. Then you try to become friends and hint at your past and look for a reaction. If you see anything - a glint in his eyes, twitching fingers, or a slight blush or something, he knows. Or. there is no reaction and he doesn't remember you. Then you can explode over him not recognizing you and your chubs."

Jimin looked at him. "Since when did you learn how to counsel?"

Taehyung shrugged. "Sometimes, when I look at the trees and dance with the squirrels, I believe that the world needs change - person by person." He beamed and looked proud of himself.

"Tae," Jimin patted his back in a solemn manner, "you are the best, most stupidly amazing friend a guy could have."

"I know." he flashed a box-shaped grin. "Now shush i'm trying to listen."