Coffee

Two Doors Down


Seokjin and Namjoon pushed two tables together and placed seven chairs around it for the guys to sit, while the rest ordered whatever drink they decided to chug down.

There were dim lights peppering the cafe and a burnt vanilla aroma wavered in the air - giving it a cozy feeling for them to relax in as they chattered and laughed together. People sat facing a small stage in the side, where someone sat and was carefully reciting a poem and twiddling her fingers. Fairy lights adorned the rim of the ceiling and pale lanterns hung airily.

"Wow, I love this place." Seokjin muttered. He gushed at every little detail - from the employee's uniforms to the fat plants sitting in a corner collecting cobwebs.

"I think they're hiring. You should ask; a part-time job could help you pay for your rent." Namjoon pulled out a chair and sat down. "You have too much time on your hands." He recalled that day when he stumbled upon Seokjin knitting a pink sweater while watching a melodrama.

Seokjin brightened at the idea. "Huh, maybe I should," he sauntered over to the line at the counter and waited patiently while humming.

"LA LA LA LA LA LAAA LA LA LA LAA LAAA!" Taehyung clutched his rainbow-sprinkled iced cappuccino and loudly stomped to the table with his legs flying every step. "I got sprinkles and sugar in my coffee, there are twinkly things everywhere, and all of my friends are together! Whah, this is the best!" he flopped into his chair and bounced on the cushion.

Jungkook giggled and stole a cookie from him. "Shush, people are trying to listen."

"Listen to what?"

Jungkook pointed to two new people on the stage; one strumming a guitar while the other softly recited a poem.

"Oh." Taehyung slurped his iced drink and watched in a daze.

Once they were done, a man wearing a colorful scarf and round glasses walked over to the mic. "Remember everyone, if you wish to share a poem with the rest of us, write your name in the next line in the book and we'll call you for your turn. Enjoy!" His salt and pepper hair glowed under the stage lights and he scurried off to the back register.

The rest of the guys sat in their seats and leisurely watched a couple on the stage go back and forth with a cute light-hearted poem while eating cupcakes, cookies, and other sugar infested treats. Taehyung seemed to be buzzing.

Jimin glanced at Yoongi discretely before sipping his iced chocolate latte. "Does anyone want to go up there?"

Hoseok looked like a fish when he drank through the straw and smacked his lips. "Jungkookie, have you written a poem before?"

"Uh, I once wrote a poem about my goldfish."

Hoseok shrugged and nibbled on a sugar cookie.

"I fed it rice and a little jjampong and it was dead when I checked an hour later. Poor Moonae."

"Why would you feed a fish jjampong? That's cannibalism! Were you training your goldfish to be a cannibal?" Jimin cried.

"Jungkook has been teaching his fish his cannibal ways." Namjoon eyed the cookie clutched in Jungkook's hands and the crumbs on his face. "What a cruel little punk,"

"Moonae, I'm sorry!" he looked up as if speaking to the heavens. "I was young and stupid."

"Nothing's changed." Namjoon muttered, which earned him a kick from under the table.

"Hey, Namjoon, you should go and say a few lines from one of your raps." Yoongi said while clapping his. A smirk adorned his face as he sipped his coffee.

"What about you?" Jimin asked Yoongi cautiously. 
"What about me?"
"I dare you to go up there and recite something."
"Does it look like I'm prepared?"
"You must have some sort of memory, right? You should remember something." he mumbled and watched the chocolate syrup trickled down his drink inside the clear cup. "I dare you to go up there."

"OooOOooOoh," Hoseok sung. "Jiminnie dared Yoongi to do something, I like it. Yoongi, get your fat off that chair and go perform something."

"Yah, punk, what did you say?"

"Hey, I remember you saying that you were a great poet when you were younger," Namjoon turned to Yoongi, whose ears were beginning to turn red at the note. "You should go say something from your childhood! That would be adorable. . .do you remember anything, though?"

Jimin looked at them with panic.

"Yah," Yoongi muttered, "if it has to do with my childhood, i'm not doing it. No thanks."

"Pleeeeease hyung?" Jungkook drawled and leaned across the table.

"Come on, Yoongi, it would be great!" Seokjin said. He had just returned from his "request".

The said boy only slumped in his chair and looked slightly angry, but there was also a small trace of fear and panic in his eyes. Yoongi kept running his fingers through his bleached hair, clutching it tightly every so often and letting out a sigh. It was something he always did when he was scared or worried, Jimin noted. Then Yoongi did something which surprised him.

"Fine. I'll do it. But you guys have to buy me a meal, okay?"

"Wait, Yoongi! Y-you don't have to do it if you, uh, really don't want to." Jimin frantically said.

The blond only looked at him as if he were a fried fish wearing a tracksuit. "I'll do it if I want to. And it's Yoongi hyung, kid." he turned to the others. "I don't really remember much of anything I wrote, but there was this one thing I wrote to a friend. . . . . .I only remember it 'cause I wrote it so many times. I never got to give it to him, either." He clicked his tongue. "Tae, go write my name for me."

"Can't you do it?"

"Yah, just go." he waved his hand.

"Okay!" He scurried off with Jungkook in tow, who protested but giggled nonetheless.

They came rushing back with excitement in their eyes.

"Hyung!" Jungkook called. "You're like, after the next two people!"

"What."

Taehyung sang gibberish and sat with his head in Jimin's lap and his legs crossed over Jungkook's. "I'm so ready for this."

Jimin looked up to find any nervousness in Yoongi's eyes, but no matter how many times he did, he found that the only nervous person there was him. And maybe that was a problem.