The Studio

Two Doors Down


"Sup Jimin, I'm Namjoon." Namjoon smiled at the boy, who stuck to Taehyung's side the moment the two entered the studio.

"I heard you could sing high notes well. I hope you do, since Jin can't really sing right now." he led them to a group of chatty people who were sitting down, and they introduced themselves one by one.

"I'm Taemin." said a boy with brown hair.

"I'm Jongin. Taemin is my cousin."

"Hey Jimin, I'm Seungri."

"Call me Dino."

"Hey I'm Jackson!"

"What is this? Kindergarten introduction time? You guys sound pathetic." a pink haired boy turned to Jimin and winked. "Hi Jimin, I'm Sehuuun. Let's be good friends."

"Pfft." came from Taemin.

"And I'm. . ." a boy with a voice resembling a trombone stood up. "Your lifelong hope; J-Hope! Hoseok is in the house, son!" he shook Jimin's hand, who looked at him in question. "I'm Hobi."

"Uh. . ."
 

"I'm like, the leader of this group cause I'm the most active here, and yeah it pays to be as fit as I am when you're such a good dancer since there are so many twerps that need to be calmed cause heck, they be hella annoying sometimes-"

"EXCUSE MEEE!" Jimin yelled. "What the heck do I call you?!"
  

Hoseok made a face but bowed. "Whatever you wish, Jiminie."

"Can I call you J-Horse hyung?"
 

"What."

"You know. . . since you look like a horse?"
 

"HA!" came from Jackson. "I LOVE THIS KID!"

"Uhhhhh. . ."Hoseok glared at nowhere in particular until someone jumped into the studio, and there was an audible gasp.
 

 "YOU!" Min Yoongi was standing at the entrance door with a plastic bag dropped on the floor and a finger pointed at Jimin. "What's this guy doing here?"

  "He's the replacement for Jin I was telling you about." Namjoon said. "The one who's good at high notes, from what I heard."

"Yeah." Taemin yapped. "His name is Jimin. But you probably knew that already." he went back to playing an intense game of rock paper scissors with Jongin. 
 

"No. . . .I didn't . . ." A memory of a hidden past slipped into his mind at the sound of the name and Yoongi began to panic, but almost immediately told himself to calm down. Besides, there were already plenty of other Jimins in the school, right?

  "OoOooOooOoh. . ." Hoseok slowly walked around Yoongi. "How do you know him, huh? What's with the bag, eh? How do you know Jimin? Why you blushing? Spill."

"Yah!" Yoongi swatted him. "Wh-what are you thinking? He was just the guy who barged into my place to look for his cat last night! Move!" he snatched his bag and grumbled his way to the back table and placed the strawberries and icing there. 
 

Hoseok clicked his tongue. "Someone didn't take a nap today."

A weak complaint came from the blond. "I will have you know that I had a most blissful nap today, but because of you punks I had to drag myself out of bed to dance!"
  

"Wait. . .we're dancing?" Jimin asked.

"Well, this IS a dance studio." Seungri rolled around on the floor.
 

 "Oh."

 "Why? You can't dance?"

  "No, I've just never tried before." Jimin looked down and toed the floor. 
 

"Well someone put on the track, cause we're about to blow this roof off!"

  "Hoseok Hyung," Jongin mumbled, "no one says that during a dance practice. And we're not doing it, remember? Mid-terms? We were going to study together at the coffee shop across the street."
  

Hoseok looked at him in shock. "Wh-then why did you come?! Fine, don't answer that. How many of you are leaving?"

"Me, Taemin, Seungri, Jackson, Dino, and Sehun."
 

Hoseok groaned.

"But hey, we could be extras and dance a little in the back! Maybe you sing at one part and we dance? We'll see how it goes." Dino stood up. "We're gonna go now. Sorry hyung, we were trying to tell you before. . . even if we aren't dancing, we'll make sure to be rooting for you guys!"

"Bye!" Seungri waved and the others followed. "Have fun practicing!"

The door closed and Namjoon sighed. "How many of us are here?"

"You, me, Jiminnie, Yoongi hyung, and Hobi." Taehyung counted on his fingers. "That's five. Isn't that too little though? For a choreography like ours?" 

Jimin tuned out as he stared outside the large windows, where wind gusts blew leaves and dark clouds blanketed the sky. People roamed the streets and ignored the dance studio as the guys argued. 

"We need more people! At least two more!" Hoseok was saying. "When's the actual showcase date?"

"December 21. Today is November 3rd. . . . We have time, actually. About a month and a half." Namjoon folded his hands and glanced at the others. "It would be cool if we could get Jin and Kookie to do this with us. I mean, Jin would be better by the end of this week."

"And Jungkookie is coming back next week!" Taehyung smiled and waved his arms. "He learns things really quickly, too so he would be great!"

"Then what about Jimin?"

Taehyung put his arms around Jimin protectively. "He stays, of course. He can harmonize with us! Right, Jiminnie?" he nuzzled his face in Jimin's shoulder.

"Get off me, you cornbread! But, I don't mind if you don't want me doing this. I can leave and you guys can prac-"

"Don't go!" Yoongi cried. The others stared at him. "I-I mean. . .we um. . we need more people, right? So stop being a prick and just do it. Don't be so lazy."

Hoseok and Taehyung laughed. "Lazy?! Hyung, what are you saying?"

Namjoon patted Yoongi's shoulder. "Turtle man just called someone lazy, this is brilliant. Jimin, you stay. I haven't seen Yoongi get so worked up in a while."

"But what about the time when Jin made soup and you knocked it over and it spilled all over me-"

"That was one time!"

"The bowl freaking broke in mid-air!"

"Well that wasn't my fault!"

"Yah, you punk, of course it was! Who did it, then? Did the dog do it? Was it that old man next door? Huh?"

"Jin-hyung!" Taehyung yelled. "It was Jin-hyung, wasn't it? It must have been Jin-Hyung!" he beamed. 

"Shut up, Tae." Jimin laughed and shoved the boy, who kicked him back. They tussled back and forth and the others watched in amusement when Taehyung sprung into a handstand and walked backwards when Jimin tried to kick him while crab-walking. Hoseok laughed and told Taehyung to stop hitting his elder, when the orange-haired student stuck a tongue out at him too and was chased around the studio. 

What they didn't notice was how Yoongi looked at Jimin, thinking about how nice of a smile he had - how friendly and warm it looked when he laughed . Yoongi racked his brain trying to remember somethinganything at all. Something was just so familiar about Jimin, but he couldn't put his finger on it and watched wearily with a lost and sad feeling in his heart.