The Expedition of Mimi and Chimchim

Two Doors Down

  Jimin whined and stomped his foot like a child. "Mimiiiiiiiiiii why are you doing this to meeeeeeeee. . . . . ."

He stood from his doorway and pouted as he closed his door and trotted to Min Yoongi's apartment. He froze in front of the open door. 
  "To go in or not to go in, that is the question." he stated. He tapped his foot and wondered what lied in Min Yoongi's home. 
  Jimin definitely did not want to be caught roaming around someone else's apartment. He despised being put in awkward situations, which he found himself to be in way too often, much to his displeasure. And this wasn't just anyone's home. It belonged to Min Yoongi.
  Jimin remembered when the two were younger, where they were together almost all of the time.          

Yoongi wasn't a very social person and had only a couple of friends, but the only person he genuinely smiled around was Jimin. And Jimin, being the loyal munchkin he was, stuck to Yoongi  to make sure that the boy was always smiling. Now, he was reminded of the childhood he lived day-to-day with the quiet boy and a loud mind. The video games, the pranks, fights, apologies, circuses, food fights, sleepovers, dreams, promises;  he remembered it all. Especially Yoongi's tear-stained face at the age of twelve, when Jimin told him that he was moving to Busan. 

  "I'm not crying. . ." Yoongi said. "I'm not. . . " he let out a shaky breath and furiously rubbed his eyes while grumbling. "You better call me, okay? I'm gonna be really lonely because of you."
  "Aw," Jimin smiled. He leaned forward to wrap his arms around the elder and gave him a hug. "I promise." he linked pinkies with Yoongi and looked at him with unfaltering eyes. "I promise that we'll meet again." 

  "When we're older?"

"Yeah!"Jimin eye smiled and laughed. "Ew, we're going to be old adults. But yeah, we'll hang out and stuff!"

"Good." Yoongi slowly hugged him back. He in a breath of air. "Don't forget me, okay? You better not forget me."

"I won't."

  Jimin didn't forget. He never did. The framed picture of him and Yoongi making a large heart with their arms was stuck on the side of his mirror - a constant reminder of his old best friend. When Jimin was accepted into the music college and moved into an apartment a couple of blocks down, he almost had a heart attack when he saw a familiar boy making his way around the building. In panic-mode, he quickly ran to a hall and hid behind to wall to block himself from Yoongi's view. He didn't mean to, but from then on, Jimin always found himself trying to avoid having Yoongi see him; whether it meant wearing masks and hoodies around the apartment complex or jumping in a random classroom and hiding next to the trash can. This continued for about a year, and Jimin was beginning to get tired of it. 

Jimin peeked into the room and found a small hall leading to a slightly messy living room. 
   "Mimi come ooouuut~"

    No response. 

"Fine, then. I'm coming for you, you bad little girl." he walked inside while closing the door behind him and decided to keep his shoes on. "To hell with manners."

  He turned to a framed picture of Yoongi with his family. "You probably don't even know who I am, you ignorant jerk." Of course, he began to think, if you put yourself in his view then maybe-

  "Shut up." Jimin told himself. "Oh look, now you're talking to yourself. Stop it. Seriously stop it just -people are gonna think you're creepy you little dumb-headed knuckle-bruising - MIMI WHERE ARE YOUUUUU"

He began to explore the living space.

"Mimi?"

 A large leather couch sat in the middle of the living room, facing a small flat screen TV. An empty mug sat on a coffee table, along with a notebook and headphones dangling over the edge.

  For the most part, the apartment mirrored Jimin's, except for the layout of the kitchen. 

He raked his fingers through his tousled chocolate hair and padded around the apartment in search for a white ball of fluff. "Mimi, I swear if I get caught by someone because of you i'll - i'll uh. . . . I won't scratch your ears when you want me to! Ha! Yeah! Now. . . . let's get out of here. . . . . please."

Suddenly there was a rattling of keys outside the door. Jimin almost screamed but clamped his mouth with his hand and dove behind the couch. 

Yoongi hummed and while dropping his keys on the coffee table and walked down the hall into his bedroom. Jimin watched the tip of his blond head pass by, then waited for ten minutes when the clock struck 9:00. 

He slowly rose from his position and continued his search around the living room and kitchen, when he accidentally knocked over a glass and it shattered on the floor.

He cursed under his breath. 

A row of silence heavily roamed the air; Jimin's heart pounding every second.

"Who's there?" someone boldly called out. 

Jimin turned to run out the door, but the shards of glass crunched loudly and were getting stuck  beneath his shoes. He ended up slipping as he took another step, and out of instinct, his hands reached out to protect his fall. 

Jimin cried out from the slicing pain.

"I'm - i'm coming." the voice said; the wooden floorboards creaking under soft footsteps. 

Jimin cradled his bleeding hands and cursed his luck for ending up in this situation. This is what you get for hiding all this time, he thought.

In a moment, Min Yoongi was standing in front of him in the same attire as earlier with a bat extended in one hand and a fluffy white cat cradled in the other. 

"Who. . . who are you?" he asked, looking puzzled as he studied Jimin's face.

Jimin felt his heart shatter; like the pieces of glass fallen around him.