The Jerk

Chasing What You Can Not Have

Hmmmm. I'll go back and edit everything later. I'm rushing right now to get to sleep, but I wanna put chapter one up first. FORGIVE ME FOR SPELLING MISTAKES D: I'm half asleep

____________________

     Yukwon was enjoying his deep slumber, but his alarm was blaring loudly in his ear; he forced himself to get up. No teenage boy wants to wake up this early on a weekend. He yawned loudly as he forced himself to stand and looked at the digital clock on his nightstand. Eight o'clock. How evil. He rubbed his eyes as he exited the room and entered the kitchen. His mother was sipping on her coffee and looking at papers from work; she did something in an office, but he never really paid attention as to what her job really was. She smiled up at him as he entered and nodded towards the chair across from her and at the mug of coffee she made for him. He plopped into the seat with a thud and happily chugged the warm beverage. "So, Yukwon, why didn't you answer your phone last night? I wanted to ask you if you me to pick anything up for you at the store. I was worried sick," she told him, her care for her son practically oozing from her voice. He shrugged as a response.

    "I dropped it at school yesterday. I'm going to go look for it today. Sorry," he apologized to the older woman. She shook her head at him as she took her leave out of the kitchen. He grabbed her mug and his own and washed them off in the sink before returning to his room as well. He dressed himself, though he would rather crawl back into bed, and looked for his headphones when he realized they were attached to his recently lost phone. He sighed and exited the house, yelling a final goodbye to his mother before making his way to the school. Girls called out his annoying nickname as he continued his walk; he was upset he did not have his music to drown them all out.

     After what felt like an eternity without music, he finally reached the spot he thought he had dropped the expensive phone. He searched around the whole area, but could not find it. He began to panic when he finally heard someone clear their throat behind him. He jumped at the sound and turned to see the douche glaring at him. In the dancer's hand lay his phone and neatly folded headphones. He would have jumped in glee if it had not been for certain jokes about him being too girly; only females freak out over these things. Instead, he bit his lip and reached his hand out to grab it. "Th-thanks," he whispered as the male roughly set it in his hand.

     "What kind of guy doesn't get his phone blown up on a Friday night? You have no friends, do you kitty?" he teased the boy. Yukwon huffed and turned his music on full blast, putting the headphones on. Yukwon is used to drowning the world out, and it was instinct to do so the moment his phone was in his hands. Minhyuk quickly ripped the headphones out of his ears. "Hey, I'm talking to you! A simple thank-you is not enough for me. I made sure the guys didn't bust your phone yesterday. Pay me back."

     "How? Money? I'm not rich. Homework? I'm failing all my classes. A thank you is all I can offer," Yukwon growled. Minhyuk's glare made him feel very tiny and defenseless. He yanked the headphones out Yukwon's phone and tucked them in his pocket.

     "Leverage," he explained his action. "I need you to help me with a problem. You can get these back once you've done it."

     Yukwon felt anger rush through him, but he remained silent. The kitty dealt with his problems by ignoring the world, and his headphones were the way to do that. He mournfully agreed to do whatever the douchebag wanted of him. It should not be that bad, right? Minhyuk was a douche, but he would never go as ar as to ask the kitty to do something terrible. "What do you want me to do?" he quickly asked. There seemed to be a shift in Minhyuk's eyes; he seemed to be heavily considering asking the kitty this. Yukwon wanted to laugh; just moments ago he was ready to send me off on a mission. His musings changed to something darker as he reconsidered that look. Oh no, is it really that bad?

     His inner ranting was shut up when Minhyuk pointed at a girl reading beneath a tree. She looked just as lonely as Yukwon did most days. "See that girl? She likes me and won't admit it. Do me a favor and get her to admit she likes me as soon as possible. This is a very important mission, kitty. Do it right, and these headphones are all yours again." Yukwon nodded but was stopped as Minhyuk played with his hair. His face scrunched as he moved it this way and that until he was content with how it looked. Yukwon pulled out his phone to look at it and saw that he made his messy hair more flat. It was not extremely attractive, but he looked better than he had moments before.

    He walked over to the girl and asked if he could sit beside her. She was surprised at first but nodded anyways. He took a seat beside her and did small talk. He asked about her book and such. It was awkward since Yukwon never really spoke to people. After a while, when he felt he gained her trust, he popped the question. "So, I heard you like Minh- B-Bomb," he said. Her face became red as a cherry and she shook her head quickly before thinking better of it. "I guess I do. My friend has an even bigger crush than I do, so she flipped when I started getting close to him. Don't tell anyone!" she yelled. He nodded and smiled at her.

    "Something tells me he wants you to admit it to him. A little birdy said he might like you too. If I were you, I would confess right away," he told her, nudging her in the ribs. She paused for a moment but then started packing her stuff. "Okay!" she declared. "I guess it had to eventually come this; can't keep that sort of thing a secret forever, ya'know? Thank you mystery guy!" she called as she scampered off.

     "It's Yukwon!" he called and she giggled in response. He smiled to himself as he used the tree to stand. Now to get those headphones back! He went to go talk to Minhyuk, but it seemed that he was with friends. The girl seemed to embarrassed to confess in front of them, so she mouthed an I'll do it later before skipping to what he assumed her home. He walked over to where the douche stood, ready to demand his headphones but the conversation happening before him made him stay quiet.

     "That'll teach the brat. She should have known better," a girl squealed as she clung to Minhyuk's arm. Yukwon rolled his eyes at the sight of it. Minhyuk laughed. "I'm surprised the kitty did it, without objection too. Feel kinda bad for him though," he thought aloud to his friends, temporarily ignoring the clinging female. Feel bad for me? The girl seemed to ask him why, Yukwon could not hear her exact words this far away, and the jerk shrugged. "It's just that...he doesn't have any friends."

      "Don't worry about that!" the girl huffed. "The point of all this is to teach Ana to that only I'm allowed to have you. Stop thinking about that loner."

     Yukwon considered interrupting or going home, but a part of him felt like he should stay. He needed to get his headphones back, but Minhyuk and his group of friends intimidated him. Yukwon was not used to talking to people, and he did not feel the need to practice now. Without much choice, he sat on the school bench and watched as time passed, waiting for the girl to come and confess to the douche. She finally arrived a little later on, her outfit changed into something a lot prettier, and smiled at Minhyuk. "Minnie, I know you have Lia, but I wanted you to know that I...like you," she told him. Minhyuk looked like he honestly cared, when Yukwon realized he didn't. He cracked a grin and started to laugh, his friends joining in the laughter. When Ana realized it was all a joke, she began to cry. "I hate you!" she shouted at him, wiping her eyes and running off. Her gaze met Yukwon's for an instant, a pain filled her features. I betrayed her.

     Minhyuk staggered over to Yukwon and sat beside him, taking in big breaths to calm his laughter. He held the headphones out to him breathing out a 'good job kitty'. Yukwon yanked the headphones out the douche's hand and stood quickly. "Your disgusting," he spat at him, hooking the headphones back up to his phone and tucking them deep into his pocket so that no one can pull them out again. "And you assisted me. So that makes you revolting," Minhyuk shot back. He was right, he should never have helped the douche. That poor girl didn't deserve that.

     He turned his back on the jerk and walked back home, calling to his mother that he was home, but he was sure she was at work. That night the poor boy cried himself to sleep, the guilt of ruining that girl's life heavy on his heart. He awoke to a tear stained pillowcase. He dragged himself out of bed and went through the same process he had yesterday, except this time he went to a cafe instead of the school. He sat alone at a table as he did any left over school projects on his laptop. Two people sat at the booth with him, which surprised the boy. He glanced up to see two unfamiliar faces.

     "We heard about what you did. Feel like a big enough douche or should we list off the ways that girl's life is ruined?" one boy asked. His hair was black and short, and he wore glasses. He had a baby face from heck and a soft nasally voice. The boy beside him was tall, had brown hair, and a childish vibe to him. "I didn't mean to. I thought he liked her back. How was I suppose to know?" he growled. They shrugged and saw that Yukwon was agitated. The one with glasses smiled softly at him.

     "You're that loner kid, right?" the nerd seemed to have finally understood something, but the kitty had no clue what. Does he pity me or something? Yukwon huffed and packed his computer up. The tall one stopped him from leaving the booth, forcing him to remain in his spot. This guy, as well, seemed to have had the same revelation the nerd beside him had. Neither allowed him to leave, so he began listenibg to them talk instead. After what felt like hours of conversation, the three could be considered acquaintances. They were not best pals now or anything, but they talked enough for them to give him their numbers to chat later.

     This made Yukwon happy. By doing an awful deed for a douche, he got to make friends. Taeil and Jihoon. They were nice. The kitty never really had people to talk to before, so this was a nice change in pace for him. After the numbers were exchanged, the duo finally allowed the kitty to leave. He had a newfound confidence, and was excited to text them. He started his day off on the wrong foot, but ended it with a proud stride.

_________________

Hi! Thanks for reading XD Like I said before, this story is just for fun when I get bored =P Hope you like it so far. Ideas are welcomed! =P

Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna