The Drunk

Chasing What You Can Not Have

     "Haha lol, I didnt know you were so funny XDYukwon's phone buzzed as the text appeared. He was grinning like an idiot as he texted his new found friends. thye think I'm funny? Yukwon could not help but feel happy that he finally had someone to actually call a friend. The two boys were quite different, in all honesty, but that just helped Yukwon's socializing skills. One thing he would laugh at with Taeil was a whole other thing with Jihoon. It could be an issue at times, sending a text to one that was meant for the other, but he could text both at the same time and not get confused over what to say. It is that small change that proves Yukwon is coming out of his shell.

     "I gotta go. Teacher is bout to hand out the quiz. Chat later?!" he sent to both the guys. They replied with a sure, and how they both had work to do as well. Texting in class was not the smartest thing, he knew that much, but as long as he kept the phone hidden and his reactions to a minimum then there was no way to get caught. However, Minhyuk noticed this almost instantly. The handsome douchebag was in the row beside Yukwon, a few seats back. Upon sending the kitty a death glare, he noticed the small flicker of a light.

     Minhyuk smirked in spite as he raised his hand high. The teacher sighed as he glanced up at him. "Yes, Minhyuk? What is it?" he asked in a voice of pure boredom and agitation. "Yukwon is cheating, sir. He is on his phone," the jerk answered, pointing at the red  head. Yukwon's eyes widened as the teacher walked over to him and asked for his phone. He frowned sadly and handed it over, told that he will get it back at the end of the day. This was a win for B-Bomb, payback for calling him disgusting.

     With his phone taken away, Yukwon sat sad in his seat as he bubbled in his answers. He was mad as heck at Minhyuk for stooping as low as to get his phone taken. The rest of the day passed by with Yukwon glaring at the smirking Minhyuk. Once school was over he dashed to his teacher and begged for his phone back. With much hassle, the phone was passed over and Yukwon was happy to finally be able to put his music on once more. He popped the headphones into place and exited the school. All thoughts of what had just occurred not bothering him in the slightest now; as long as he drowned the world out, Yukwon could pretend nothing was wrong.

     "Yuuukwooon!" a deep voice called so loud that he heard it over his music. He turned to see Jihoon making his way over to him, a large grin painted on his face. The red head stood quietly as the tall goofball walked over to him, taking his place to his side. "Hello Jihoon. Where is Taeil?" he instantly asked the tower. He shrugged and looked around. He jumped in excitement as he saw something and grabbed Yukwon's wrist, pulling him in its direction. He followed obediently and was not all surprised to see TaeilJihoon had some inner radar for the guy, but there was someone he was talking to.

     "Hi JihoonYukwon," Taeil said before noticing the red head's confused expression. His eyes widened in understanding as he said. "Jaehyo this is YukwonYukwon, this is Jaehyo. Be nice."

     "Nice to meet you," Yukwon said quietly. The guy before him was gorgeous in every way. His skin was flawless, his hair was well made, and his clothes looked expensive. This reminded Yukwon of the douche, and his frown came back. "Nice to meet you too, but it seems you don't like me too much," Jaehyo joked. He quickly shook his head and told the guy he was glad to have him as a friend now. The four guys made their way back to the cafe they were at that morning and rested in a booth.

     Their conversation was light and about homework and such. Yukwon had a lot to do that he would rather not. They chatted and laughed until Minhyuk and his gang of jerks walked in. They sat in the booth in front of the red head and his new friends. "Hanging out with the loner, are we Jaehyo?" Minhyuk asked. Jae shrugged and glanced at Yukwon. "He's pretty cool, actually. I don't understand why people hate him so much. And look who's talking! You were hanging out with him yesterday, so what is the problem if I talk with him today?"

     "Just drop it B-Bomb. Let's eat." the ginger beside him said. Yukwon recognized him as Kyung, known for being Zico's play toy. Zico and Kyung were best friends and did a lot of crap together that should be illegal, not that they care. In front of Minhyuk sat the girl from yesterday. She still looked annoying as ever. Taeil laughed quietly at the whole predicament and raised an eyebrow at Jaehyo. "I see you and B-Bomb are close as ever," he laughed. Jaehyo rolled his eyes and continued to down his drink.

     "For a guy who claims himself as B-Bomb's most trusted friend, you two sure fight a lot," Jihoon laughed out. This was when the realization hit him. All three of the boys before him knew Minhyuk in some way or another. That was the jerk's second win that day. Yukwon glanced up at him. He was talking to Taeil and Jaehyo about something that Yukwon did not bother to listen to. Minhyuk was cute, that much Yukwon knew for sure. That was the exact reason the girl in front of him adored Minhyuk and he had such a large group of friends. Who did not want to befriend someone as handsome and intelligent as the dancer before him? No one he knew.

     "What do you think Yukwon?" the question was suddenly asked. The red head jumped in his seat and noticed their expecting eyes. "Umm, can you say that again? I wasn't paying attention," he mumbled quietly. Taeil smiled, knowing all too well why the boy was distracted, and repeated his question.

      "We are talking about the End-of-the-Year-Dance. There has been an argument about what the concept should be. Some say masquerade, others say costume. I say, why not both?" the oldest laughed. Yukwon nodded, taking in the ideas. "Both doesn't sound so bad. Completely disguise ourselves so nobody knows who is behind the facade. I think it is a clear idea actually," he babbled on about the great idea. Jaehyo beside him pinched his cheeks painfully, of course unintentionally.

     "You are so fricken adorable, Yukwon. I have never seen someone so pumped about a dance before. It is so cute!" he kept saying, squishing his cheeks. Yukwon glared and slapped his hands away. He was so use to being called cute, but that does not mean it does not hurt. "Adorable? Try annoying. He can't even walk two feet without his headphones and never talks. Even if someone wanted to be his friend, which I highly doubt, he pushes them away nonetheless. Loner much?" the girl muttered, her icy scowl fixated on Yukwon.

     "You're no better! You sit there and complain all day, clinging to my arm, acting like you own me. I don't even know your name! Stop playing with the big boys and go home. Little kids aren't allowed," Minhyuk spat, forcing the girl to take the walk of shame out the restaurant. She shot one last glance at Yukwon, telling him this was not over. His stare was dragged from the door to Minhyuk as he cleared his throat. His face was more emotionless than normal. He excused himself from the table and stormed out the shop.

     Soon enough all of Minhyuk's buddies disappeared, dragging Jaehyo along with them. It was back down to the original three. "He did it again. When is he going to stop running back to her? She is no good for him," Taeil sighed, down the last drop of his soda before excusing himself as well. Jihoon naturally followed and exited the establishment as well. Yukwon sighed. And then there was one... he thought to himself as he stood and exited. Being the last one . He did not go straight home, no, he went to a park instead.

     The sunlight was slowly dipping into the sky, filling it with oranges and purples. The red head sat down on the swing and began to slowly move his feet back and forth. It did not take a lot for him to fall asleep. His thoughts were calmed with the soft sound of the wind and the absolute warmth of the night. His dreams were filled with smiles, his family happy together, a normal life. People accepted him, no one laughed at his appearance, no one dared to joke about his mannerisms. They were all extremely kind to him. And then there was Minhyuk. He was smiling brightly with absolute, raw emotion. Upon investigation, Yukwon noticed he was in the jerk's arms, smiling back at him. For some reason, the adorable boy's subconscious mistook those feelings of resent and anger for something more infatuating and loving. They were happy.

     Sadly, he woke up. It took his senses a while to acknowledge the cool wind, the uncomfortable swing he sat upon, and the distant sound of crying. Being as kind as he was, the red head groggily stood and searched for the wails source. Against a tree lay a heap of black clothing, wild blonde hair, and a drunken Minhyuk. The closer Yukwon got the more he smelled the alcohol on him. He stood in front of the jerk. "What happened to you?" he asked the mess before him. B-Bomb's eyes were red from crying, his whole body shaking from the cool midnight wind. 

     "I'm an a**, kitty. I do it to her all the time. I scream and embarrass her, push her past the line of return. She cries, she hurts herself, why? Because she has no where else to go. I'm her salvation, her sanctuary, her one and onlyHow could she refuse me when I ask her to come back? Because in some sick way, I need her to. I need  that person to vent on and love. I can't be alone. I'm an a**," he mumbled on and on, his voice rough from crying. Yukwon sat beside him. He wanted to comfort him, but how? Minhyuk was suffering. He wanted someone to soothe his loneliness, someone to ease the pain that may never leave him because he pushes people away. Any form of relief Yukwon could provide him with at this moment would be unwelcomed and useless; a needle to numb skin. He would not feel it.

     Or so Yukwon thought. "I'm sorry. I can't really help you," he whispered, feeling useless himself as he tried to think of way that could possibly help the heartbroken man beside him. Minhyuk nodded in understanding. "You would not understand the feeling of complete reliance. The need to have someone. The emptiness, because you have not experienced having someone to begin with. The day you understand that pain, I will accept you. I swear to God above I will not hurt you anymore the second you know this pain," he murmured. Yukwon felt out of place. The boy's words were slurred do to his drinking, and he only made the red head depressed. Yukwon tried to stand to leave, but Minhyuk held on tightly to his wrist.

     "Don't leave just yet. I don't want to be alone. Don't leave me here alone!" he cried, and Yukwon was forced to stay with the dancer. No words were spoken as the silence boomed in his ears. They simply sat there, dying inside because of their dark thoughts, and sharing the mood with the male beside him. 

     Time passed quickly, and the silence was comfortable. It was so peaceful that the sound of Minhyuk's phone buzzing scared the crap out of both f them. The jerk pulled the phone out and accepted the call. "Where are you? Your girl just came back yelling because you haven't come to talk to her! What the heck have you been doing this whole time?" the voice angrily shouted through the phone, Yukwon recognizing it as KyungMinhyuk sighed and took his time answering. "I'm venting. Tell her I will talk to her later. I'm busy right now. Bye," Minhyuk told his friend before hanging up. Yukwon was a tinge disappointed that the jerk did not mention he was with him, but what did he expect? Minhyuk supposedly hates him so being near him was possitively uncharecteristic of him.

     Minhyuk released a large groan of anger before pulling himself to his feet, holding his hand out to help Yukwon up. "Sorry about that kitty. I didn't mean to drag you into this. See you at school," he called before walking in the direction of what must have been his home. Yukwon said goodbye as well before going to his home. His mother sat on the couch, er eyes big with worry.

     "You never come home this late! What happened? Are you okay?" she bombarded him with questions. He tried hard to smile and shrugged off whatever worries she had. "I was with a guy I know. He is going through some stuff with his girlfriend is all. Sorry to worry you."

     He walked over and gave her a big hug before going to his room and collapsing on his bed. His phone buzzed and Yukwon glared at it before going to his messages. "Have you seen B-Bomb any where? We are worried about him D:" Taeil had sent him. He replied quickly.

     "Yeah, he should be heading over as we speak."  -Y

     "How do u kno? Were you w/ him?"   -T

     "Kinda. I was 'helping him vent' apparently."  -Y

    "Ain't that surprising."  -T

     Yukwon agreed but was too tired to text his friend back. He set his phone down ont he table beside him and changed into something more comfortable. He slid beneath his covers and tried to get soem sleep, but that Jerk kept sinking into his dreams without an invitation. Dreams about Yukwon helping him with all his problems, being the one to get him that mad, and just Minhyuk in general. He wanted him to acknowledge Yukwon for being a person; not a cat, or a loner, or any other bad thing he considered him. Yukwon wanted to be known as Yukwon.

     The next day at school was awful. The girl made sure Yukwon was treated more harsh than usual, the insults hurt more, and the things thrown at him were more painful than he remembered. What had he done to the female? She attacked him, not the other way around. He sighed heavely as the day came to an end and grabbed all his junk before putting his headphones on. He saw Minhyuk messing with some random nerd and felt his heart hurt. It was not going to be easy to see the jerk act like this when he saw such a vulnerable side of him. He saw Minhyuk cry, yearn for happiness, and beg to not be alone. Who could forget a sight like that?

     So, with that in mind, Yukwon walked over to the jerk and smiled softly as he rested his hand on Minhyuk's raised arm. The jerk was ready to punch the nerd. "Stop pushing people away B-Bomb. It isn't like you," Yukwon told him before letting his arm go. Minhyuk seemed to glare at him for a moment before bringing his arm down and pushing the nerd out his sight. However, he quickly turned and grabbed Yukwon by his shirt and pulled him close. The look on his face terrified the red head. "Don't you ever bring up last night again. Just because that happened doesn't mean you know me. Stop acting high and mighty," the jerk spat. Yukwon sneered and pulled his hand of his shirt.

     "But it's true. You don't have the right to get mad at me! I'm worrying about you! Something like last night can't be easily forgotten, Minhyuk! At least I won't. As for acting high and mighty, you obviously haven't looked in a mirror lately. Who are you to judge me?" Yukwon roared back, releasing ever piee of pent up anger he had. Minhyuk sneered and walked off in an angry fit. Yukwon did the same, but not before seeing Minhyuk's girlfriend laughing at the whole predicament the boy's were in. Disgusting. Maybe the jerk deserves her, seeing as how both of them are revolting creatures. 

     But that is not entirely true, is it? Minhyuk wanted to change, he hated his vulgar personality. That girl was a living incarnation of spite. Yukwon was no better though, was he? He had helped Minhyuk break a girl's heart, and he spoke back to him. Yukwon is not one to yell or throw fits. This was a rare moment when he actually got this angry. He sighed again before heading to the cafe. This life .

__________________________

I am the worst writer ever!!! I am sooo sorry for not updating. I had writers block and had no clue where to go with this story. SUGGESTIONS ARE EXTREMELY WELCOME!! Anyways, whoever is reading this is awesome! High fives! 

I plan on some really emotional crap in the future, and I'm not sure if I want the romance to start till like chapter five or something. Patience is a virtue, little ones! I wanna put all the problems, obstacles, and emotions on the table before any real romance. Don't kill me D:

Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna