The Epilogue

Chasing What You Can Not Have

     He glared venomously at the blaring alarm on his phone, cursing the day someone made such a disgusting sound. "Turn it off, babe," a groggy voice beside him mumbled. Warmth pooled through his body as the man beside him turned to face him, limbs intertwining with his own. Yukwon sighed, grabbing his phone and pressing the dismiss button. "Let's sleep for a little longer."

     Yukwon giggled, flipping over to see his boyfriend half asleep. Minhyuk's hair was a fluffy brown mess, his undercut in desperate need of a shave. "You and I both know she will be awake any minute now. I'm not in the mood to hear her cry," the kitty kissed Minhyuk's forehead before getting out of bed. The brunette complained from inside the sheets, pouting at the thought of waking up.

     True to his words, she started crying not five minutes after they had awoken. Yukwon entered the room beside his own, a soft smile filling his features as he gazed at the girl. Jimin. Her face was red from her tears, her hair a wild mess just like Minhyuk's. "Hey, it was just a dream," Yukwon comforted her as he picked the girl up. She stuck her tongue out at him; typical four year old behavior. "Want to go watch cartoons?"

      "No," she shook her head, wiping her tears away. "I want Minhyuk!"

     Yukwon set the girl on her feet, a sour frown pulling his lips. She had developed an unhealthy crush on his boyfriend in the past year, and he was honestly put off by her interaction with him. "No, he's mine," Yukwon argued with the child. He left her behind and went to the living room, but Jimin was hot on his tail. They both jumped onto the sofa and turned the TV on; the kitty put on her morning cartoons.

     "Hey babe, have you seen my phone?" Minhyuk called form the bedroom. Before the kitty could respond, Jimin was jumping off the couch and running to the sound of his boyfriend's voice. He would normally chase after her and force her to sit down until they were all awake enough to deal with her, but his favorite show was on. There was no way he was missing the new episode of it just to stop her.

     "Minnie!" she laughed, jumping into the older man's arms. Minhyuk picked her up easily, hugging her tight to his chest.

     "Good morning, beautiful," he kissed her nose, making the small girl erupt into more giggles. Yukwon loved Jimin, truly, but he was looking at the clock as he counted the amount of time until her mother picked her up. "You want some toast?"

     "Yes!"

     "God no," Yukwon mumbled to himself. I hate toast. His boyfriend set off to the kitchen and plugged in the toaster. Jimin was bouncing with excitement; she loved anything Minhyuk made for her. The kitty snatched up the remote to the TV and turned up the volume. This was a weekend morning routine for them. Her mother would drop her off, and they would take care of her over the weekend. Sometimes Sunhi or Taeil would watch over her, but Yukwon was Jimin's mother's go to guy.

     "What time do you have work today?" Yukwon asked his boyfriend as the he and Jimin sat on the couch with toast in hand. I'll have to vacuum the cushion later.

     "Nine. We still have two hours," he answered the kitty with a mouthful of bread. The kitty wrinkled his nose at the sight, turning his head to continue watching the cartoon. Two ing hours. "She should be coming soon, though, so don't worry about it."

     Jimin and her family were becoming way too predictable. Ten minutes after the toast was munched on - and many crumbs were spilled - a knock was muffle by the TV. The kitty leaped from his seat, throwing the door open. "Sorry for running late. Jaehyo was distracting me," Ana apologized, slipping into the apartment. 

     "Mommy!" Jimin tackled her mother the same way she hugged Minhyuk. Ana kissed her daughter's face all over, leaving no skin untouched. Jimin tried to stop the assault, but the smooches were endless. "My baby girl," Ana pulled Jimin close to her. Ana was a waitress as a side job while she went to college. Jaehyo had all the means of supporting her, but Ana hated the thought of relying on him. Her schedule was a bit weird, so the days she was super busy Jimin stayed at Yukwon's apartment.

     "She was crying again this morning, but I think she's getting better," the kitty informed his best friend. Ana nodded, lifting the girl up in her arms as she righted herself. Jimin has been having pretty bad nightmares lately, but they have calmed considerably. They all thought it was separation anxiety from her mother; it was stressful on the child. She did not wake up screaming anymore, so they assumed she was getting more comfortable with staying at the male's house.

     "Thanks for taking care of her, Yukwon. I can't thank you enough," she gave him a sad grin, but he flicked her forehead.

     "Don't give me that look. You know we love her, there is no need to thank us for watching her," he complained. Ana laughed as she said her goodbyes and left the apartment. Minhyuk instantly had his arms around the kitty's waist, kissing down his neck. "We have two hours, B. Go get dressed."

     "All I need is thirty minutes," he attempted to convince the kitty, but his boyfriend was not having it. Yukwon pulled away from the older, going to the closet the grab the vacuum. 

     "All you need is a shower and a change of clothes. We're not teenagers anymore, B. We can't every hour of the day," the kitty rolled his eyes at the brunette as he plugged the vacuum in. Minhyuk did not agree with this at all. Before Yukwon knew it, he was pinned to the crumb infested couch. No point in fighting him now, he laughed to himself as he kissed his boyfriend. 

      Minhyuk still had the same haircut he had years before. His hair was shaved on the sides and waved on the top. It was a dark brown that really brought out his eyes, and Yukwon refused to let him change his hair. The kitty's fingers threaded through the soft locks and pulled the older's face closer to his own. Alas, their curse was never lifted. More knocking filled the room, and they had half a mind to ignore it. Yukwon figured it was Ana and she had left something, so he pushed his boyfriend away. 

     Yukwon scurried to the door, groaning when he saw who it was through the peep hole. He took his time opening the door, frowning at the duo before him. "I see some things never change," Taeil laughed as he entered the room, chuckling when he saw a pissed off B-Bomb. "You two never stop banging. Six years strong, ing in every corner but still not married. Come on."

     Jihoon's deep voice made an even deeper laugh as he followed after the nerd. If there was anything that did not experience change, it was the duo. Jihoon lived with Taeil, and the two were never apart. Taeil had gotten a violin scholarship, and he attended a high class university. Jihoon, however, was not a very bright man. He stayed at their house most of the time and mooched off anyone who happened to be around.

     "Yukwon isn't ready for marriage yet," Minhyuk defended the kitty, but the words sounded so selfish. Yukwon wanted to be happy with Minhyuk, but marriage seemed so definite. It was almost a scary word to him after seeing what happened to his mother and father. He knew it irrational, but he did not feel prepared for marriage yet. 

     Taeil huffed, narrowing his gaze at the kitty. "Yukwon's insecurities aside, Sunhi is getting more serious about Lia. They got back together, and this time I think it's for good."

     "What makes you say that?" the kitty asked as he leaned against the side of the couch; Minhyuk rested his head against Yukwon's hip.

     "Lia gave her a proposition. Stay with her, or forget about her. I hear Sunhi is even considering getting a job transfer to the school over here," Taeil thoroughly described the actions the kitty's sister was taking to win back Lia. About ing time. Sunhi and Lia have been on and off since they started dating. One day they are working things out, the next they pretend the other does not exist. 

     Yukwon has always wondered what the girls' fights are about, but Sunhi never goes to him for advice. She goes to Lia or Jihoon, and the kitty is left out of the loop. "Did you come all the way here to tell us that?" Minhyuk was skeptical.

     Taeil shook his head while pulling out his phone. He unlocked it and handed it to the kitty. "No, I came all the way here to tell you your brother is a ing ." The phone showed a message thread between Taeil and Sunhi.

     They just won't stop fighting. I convinced them not to kick him out, but I won't be able to save him next time. - S

     "Why didn't I get a call?" Yukwon gripped the device tight in his hand, anger clear in his words. "She could have told me."

     "What would you do, Yukwon? Go kick his ? He's a grown man now. He can handle himself," Taeil grabbed his phone back from the kitty before it shatter in his fingers. No, he can't. Buffy was enough trouble as it was, but now he was getting into fights. It was not even a valid fight over something serious; it was the same guy every time over the most mundane things. 

     "Maybe kicking his will solve a few things," Yukwon sighed, falling onto the couch and into Minhyuk's lap. He felt defeated. He just did not know what to do about his brother. Sunhi was taking care of him currently, but that obviously needed to change. "I don't know what to do."

     Minhyuk bent down and kissed his boyfriend. "Don't worry, babe. We'll figure everything out."

     Taeil made a gagging noise as he entered their kitchen, feigning disgust over his friend's display. Yukwon grinned up at Minhyuk, taking in the sight of the man he loved. Six years ago, Yukwon hated Minhyuk. He thought he had no chance of ever being his friend, and B-Bomb did not hesitate to be an to him. They were on different ends of the social spectrum, but they ended up together in the end.

     Senior year of high school will always be important to Yukwon, no matter what happens. Even now that they were twenty four, his love has not faltered. He still adores Minhyuk just as much as he did when he was eighteen. The only things in the way now are his lover's job, Ana's daughter, and Buffy's school dilemmas.

     "I love you, you know that right?" Yukwon voiced his emotions.

     "Then marry me already," Minhyuk stated, kissing his boyfriend once. That's right, the kitty inwardly groaned. Add that to the list of my issues. Work, children, siblings, and marriage. 

     He will have to mend the issues life gave him.

___________________________________

Yo. Guys. This was really it this time. This is IT. I'll start writing the sequel soon for those of you who are like "That isn't a good ending, Luna." I know it's a bad end, I'm not about to end this beautifully. If I have you an amazing end you would have no reason to read the sequel, now would you? No. With this ending, all of you will be wondering if the kitty ever gets married.

But I think the real cliffhanger here is...does Yukwon ever vacuum his couch? *is shot* I know I wouldn't. Too lazy to clean. Ugh.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO ING MUCH DEAR LAWD. I LOVE YOU ALL. SHOWER ME IN COMMENTS.

The more y'all rush me to update, the faster the sequel will be out (juuuuuust saying.)

This was a ing adventure and a half, guys. Two years to write this thing. We got to see these boys grow up, and witness love. A lot of times I had no clue how to continue this story, and I abandoned you all for months at a time. I really apologize for that. The important thing is that I finally have my original motivation for this thing back again, and I'm really happy I got to share this experience with you guys. Really, I couldn't have asked for more amazing readers (even you silent ones. I know you exist, don't worry). HEARTS <3333

You high fives! You are awesome for reading this and reaching its end!

Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna

P.S. Main gif is B-Bomb saying a temporary goodbye to all of us losers. Wave back at him! Wave, damnit! Love y'all <3