The Friends

Chasing What You Can Not Have

So, this is the 'first' and the 'only' filler chapter of this whole story XD Hopefully it ties up any plot holes. If not, please comment any questions you have so I can edit this chapter. Love ya'll bunches <3

     Taeil sat on his bed, sorting out his thoughts. Jihoon was already fast asleep. How many times have I watched this kid sleep? He released a sigh and rested his hand on the younger's arm. Block B is the reason why the two ever met, in all honesty.

     Minhyuk had found an abandoned and cut off hallway in the school; it was too far away and detached to actually use, so they relocated the teacher lounge in the center of the school. This hallway was dubbed 'Block B' because it is the twin hallway of the one in current use: Block A. Block A is a hallway made specifically for the teachers; it has rooms of supplies, extra desks, and - now - the new teacher lounge. Students are forbidden to go into Block A, but they never really kept them from venturing into Block B.

     B-Bomb, that idiot, thought it would make a great hangout spot. He originally only knew Jaehyo and Taeil, his fellow rich classmates, so the three of them spent a lot of time there. Then B-Bomb started dating Lia, and Jaehyo introduced them to Ana. Taeil never really liked any of them - he only trusted Jae and B-Bomb. This was until Minhyuk dragged in three delinquents. They were causing drama around the school, so he took them under his wing to save them from the terrible lives they were leading. Zico and Kyung never actually changed, but Jihoon made a change for the better. His home life was piss poor; his mother left them to live on the streets for drugs, and his father was in a gang in the next city over. Jihoon practically had to raise himself in an empty house. He sometimes skipped out on meals, he rarely used the electricity in his house to conserve what little money he had, and he needed to remain in school no matter what.

     Taeil shuddered, as he usually does when he thinks of the younger, and ran his fingers through the younger's hair. He often tried to support the younger, but Jihoon always brushed him off. He wants to do things on his own without Taeil helping him. The older sighed and sunk into the bed, instantly being pulled into an embrace form Jihoon.

     "Why are you awake?" Taeil questioned, but he did not complain.

     "Your hand woke me up," he admitted, giving the older a goofy grin. "But that doesn't matter. What are you thinking about?"

     Taeil shrugged, dodging the question for as long as possible. He did not want to force his thoughts onto the younger, and did not wish to express his worries. It was not that he liked hiding things from Jihoon, but he already worried for the younger as it was. Adding to his stress list was not a liked thought. Jihoon held the older a bit tighter, a sigh escaping his lips. They cuddled in a comfortable silence for a long pause of silence until Taeil finally spoke up.

     "Do you ever think about how things were before Yukwon came into our lives?" Taeil questioned, feeling the silence fill the room again. He thought for a moment that Jihoon might have fallen asleep again, but a deep laugh soon tickled his neck. 

     "Before Kitty Kwon showed up? Things were pretty boring around here without him," he responded. Taeil figured he was right, but it was still a bitter answer. Were their lives actually that simple before B-Bomb fell in love? 

     "When we graduate, I want you to move in with me," the older blurted the words out without a second thought. "If they can get a happy ending, then so can you."

     A silence fell upon them, and Taeil feared he spoke the words too soon. He has been aching to ask the younger to move in with him ever since they first met, but Jihoon has always wanted to be independent. Taeil could not bring himself to ask his friend such a thing when it would damage his pride. The silence stretched on longer, and the nerd began to feel sick to his stomach. "I'm upset," Jihoon's voice scared Taeil after laying in the quiet, "you didn't ask me sooner."

     "What do you mean?" Taeil became instantly flustered, sitting upright once more.

     Jihoon only laughed, rolling onto his back and holding his stomach. Tears sprung form his eyes as his chest contracted with giggles. "I-" a snort, "I have been waiting for you to ask me that since we started senior year."

     The shock could not be hid form the nerd's face. His mouth hung open as he gaped at the laughing giant on his bed. "What the hell are you talking about?" his inquiries came in an embarrassed squeak.

     "I just figured that we've been friends for so long that it was only natural we'd move in together when we go to college," Jihoon expounded his thought process to the older, a goofy grin etched into his face. I was worried all this time, Taeil thought in disbelief. He began to laugh as well, astonishment leading his giggles. Taeil laid back down, his arms going around the giant. Jihoon pulled him to his chest and they relaxed in this position. "I feel like I should have mentioned that to you before."

     Taeil shook his head. "No, I'm glad I found out you're thoughts this way. You can successfully say you made it through high school without my help, now," he disregarded the younger's statement. Jihoon kissed the top of the nerd's head, a sweet smile in the movement.

     "Sometimes, you're really too cute," the younger laughed. It earned him a slap in the arm from Taeil, who, unsurprisingly, hates being called cute.

     Simultaneously, two girls were meeting in the park. Being a lot like her brother, Sunhi was sitting on the swing and kicking her feet in the air. Lia sat beside her in the swing next to the one Sun sat in. They did not speak, but words were not needed. They both understood perfectly well why they had to meet here, and neither were ready to confront the issue.

     Sunhi was the mature one, however, and needed to take responsibility. "I'm sorry for not talking on the phone before," she apologized, trying to start the conversation in the simplest way she could manage. Lia nodded, folding her hands in her lap.

     "It's fine," Lia started, her eyes trained on the wood chips of the playground. "It wasn't important-"

     "But it was," Sunhi interrupted her, an anger filling her body. Her hands clenched into fists at her sides. "I've been ignoring you since that night, and that's not cool. I should take responsibility."

     Lia huffed, rolling her eyes and finally looking at the older girl beside her. "Take responsibility? For what? Kissing me? It takes two to make out, Sunhi. It wasn't a ing mistake," she spat, standing up from the swing and walking a few paces ahead. "Stop treating me like a child!"

      Sunhi jumped up, marching up to the high schooler with determination. "I didn't say it was a mistake! I'm saying that I shouldn't have dodged you like I was!" she countered the girl's thoughts, grabbing her arm and making her face the older. "You're not a child, I can clearly see that." Lia tried to pull away from the pink girl, but her grip was iron. There was no escaping this, and it was Lia's own fault for ever opening . She opened to demand to be let go, but Sunhi was not done talking. "I'm taking responsibility for my stupid actions. If you think I ignored you because you're younger than me, then you are wrong. I ignored you because I was scared."

     "Scared of what, Sunhi?" Lia managed to ask the words.

     "Scared of whatever the hell this is. I had...I had a guy back at college. He was sweet and everything, and I liked him-"

     "I don't want to hear this-"

     "I liked him," Sunhi was set on making sure the girl understood what she wanted to say, "but when I met you I realized I only saw him as a friend. He didn't make butterflies jump around in my stomach like you do. He didn't make me question my feelings like you do. He didn't make me want him as bad as I want you and that scared me, Lia. I ignored you because I needed to get my thoughts cleared up before I could face you."

     By the end of her speech, Lia had gone completely still. Her face was a dark red and her eyes were as wide as saucers. Sunhi finally released the girl's arm, her own cheeks burning. She looked away from the younger and stared at her own feet. I shouldn't have said all of that. She began to regret her entire spiel, but Lia broke the silence. An airy laugh erupted from her cherry lips that she quickly covered with her hand. "God, you're just like you're brother," she wheezed. "The kitty acted the same way with B-Bomb."

     This was not a comforting thought. Sun was not here to watch her brother fall in love, but she could only imagine the crap he went through. He was awkward and shy; she would not be surprised if he did not even realize he liked the other boy until he was pinned to a bed. "Yeah, well, we're siblings. Of course we'd act the same," she mumbled under her breath, kicking at the mulch. She felt the cold hands on her cheeks before the younger's warm lips on her own. Sunhi grinned as she settled her arm's on the girls slim waist.

     Lia's fingers slipped into her short pink hair, grabbing handfuls of the exotic locks before pulling the girl's lips harder onto her own. Sunhi tightened her own grip at this action. The passionate kiss was sudden, but not unwelcome. Sunhi is twenty, already an adult in college. Lia is only eighteen, and still in high school. It was just a two year age difference, but it felt like much more than that to Lia. Maybe it was because Sun was much more mature than herself, but Lia always felt like an infant in the older's presence. However, in this moment here, Lia felt in control. The younger took this as a chance to prove she was not a child, but a young woman.

     She pulled away from the kiss, and let her arms hang limply off the older's shoulders. "Let's give this a try. Whatever this is," Lia suggested. Sunhi nodded, a sweet smile finding it's way onto her pink lips. 

     "Yeah. Let's try this out," she agreed. "Having a girlfriend might actually be cool." Lia laughed and hugged the pink girl, Sunhi returning the embrace. This was the start of something Sunhi will never regret.

__________________________________________________________________

WHOA. Short chapter, I know. But NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAAAAAAST!!!!! CWYCNH is finally ending, guys. Holy . Chapter seventeen is where it ends (maybe an epilogue too? To lead into the sequel? Yeah. I like that.) Also, Lia and Sunhi HAD to be a thing. I've wanted it for so long XD

But yeah. Short filler chapters are short.

Also, just to clarify, Jihoon and Taeil are not together XD (or are they? *wink* *wink*)

And sorry for taking forever again. You guys should be used to this now though....I'm a terrible author. Why are you guys even still here? XD

You high fives! You are awesome for reading this!

Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna