The End

Chasing What You Can Not Have

Hooooly crap guys! This is it! The end! (before the epilogue, but whatever). I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

Please have your tickets in hand, the feels train is about to depart.

_____________________

     Yukwon frowned as he watched Ana twirl. "Too many frills," he judged the dress with the eyes only a gay male is born with. "I'd wear something tighter." Ana sighed, entering the dressing room once more. She was shopping for her dress to go to the end of the year dance. They've been inside the store for hours already, but nothing matched her sweet personality. 

     "I liked that one," Jaehyo mumbled when Ana was out of sight. Yukwon did not entirely agree with the other male coming with them, but he had no say in the matter. Regardless, he did manage to convince Lia to come with.

     The aforementioned female exited the dressing room beside Ana's, striking a promiscuous pose. "How's this one, kitty?" she winked, wiggling her hips a bit. The dress was bright red, and much too short for the kitty's liking. "Perfect," he responded, raising his hand and forming a thumbs up. The dress fit the girl's style perfectly, and he could not remember what Lia looked like before the cherry cloth was on her body.

     "Could we get that for Ana, too?" Jaehyo spoke up, looking at Lia from head to toe. Yukwon slapped him on the back of his head.

     "No, Ana doesn't wear stuff like that. Don't you know you're own girlfriend?" the kitty rolled his eyes just as Ana stepped out the dressing room. A simple white dress adorned her petite form, and a black ribbon across her midsection. Something so monochrome came to life on Ana, and Yukwon could not help but smile at her. "That's more like it," he laughed. Ana grinned as well, twirling just as she did before. Lia pulled her into a semi-hug, and snapped a selfie on her phone with the girl. 

     "I guess that's everything," Ana concluded her shopping adventure as she reentered the dressing room, Lia entering her own stall. 

     Yukwon would never admit it, but he was slightly excited for the dance. It was masquerade themed, and some people will show up in costumes as well. He remembers when they first discussed the dance months ago, when he first met everyone. It was also a time when Lia was a to him, and Minhyuk was an . Yukwon still trusted Taeil back then, and Buffy was the least of his worries. Would I go back to that if I could? Even if B would be mean again, would it be worth going back? 

     He thought about that a lot lately. Now that the end of the year is nearing, Yukwon has been thinking about his boyfriend more often. He misses him, but the pain is numb now. The wounds are still open in his heart, but he no longer feels the pain. More like, he no longer allows the pain to overtake him. The girls exited the dressing rooms with all their new clothing articles in their arms. They did not spare the boys a glance as they went to the register to buy the items. After some small talk and promises to meet up at dance in a week. Yukwon said his goodbyes and went home.

     Buffy was in the living room when he finally arrived home. He was playing a video game with some blonde boy Yukwon did not know. Buffy's face lit up when his half brother came inside the house. "Hey!" he greeted the older. "This is my friend Lee Geon. He's staying the night."

     Yukwon smiled at the blonde boy, ruffling his brother's hair as he walked past before marching up to his room. He remembered when Buffy first arrived in his house. He could not stand the thought of him; jealousy. The kitty felt threatened at the time, his sister had him balancing on a wire. Now that Yukwon has had time to be around the kid, he feels exceptionally comfortable with him. Even his mother is quite affectionate towards the boy; she hates his father, but she can handle his son. Once the summer is over, however, Buffy will have to go back home.

     It almost made Yukwon sad knowing that the kid would have to leave his new friends behind. Yukwon himself has to part with his pals when he goes to college. The thought itself brought the kitty's mood down. The brunette enter his room with a heavy heart, falling onto the bed with a sigh. The end of the year is so close. Yukwon had always looked forward to the last day of school; it meant that he no longer needed to see the faces of the people he hated. That was different now.

     The kitty had Ana, beautiful and smart. He had Taeil, sneaky and geeky. Jihoon was a friendly giant, and Jaehyo was a pretty boy. Zico and Kyung might have been eccentric, but he is sure the rest of the group had fond memories of them. Lia was a at first, but now Yukwon did not want to lose her. All these dorks he has grown to love will be graduating with him; all of them, except for the one that matters. 

     He shifted onto his side, pulling his pillow close to his face. The tears fell silently, blurring his vision. "You said if I helped you become a better person, you'd stop hurting me," he mumbled into the fabric. "But you lied. All you've done from the very beginning is hurt me."

     Outside his door, Sunhi frowned at the sound of her brother's sobs. She thought he was over the jerk she met months ago, but it seems his heart is still broken. She wished she could do something to relieve him of his heartache, but she knew there was not a thing she could do. She, herself, was a complete wreck. Lia was now considered her girlfriend.

     Sun groaned as she went back downstairs. Lia was constantly on her mind since they kissed. It made no sense as to why that girl had found her way into Sunhi's heart, but she now had a permanent residence in her life source. The teenager had even asked Sun to the end of the year dance, pure intentions filling her expression. The pink girl could not say no, and was now doomed to go to the high school celebration.

      When a week passed after she caught her brother crying in his room, she was still not mentally ready to take the girl to the dance. "Kitty Kwon!" she yelled from her mother's room downstairs, anxiety gripping her nerves. The boy came tumbling down the stairs, worry in his eyes as he approached the girl. He was dressed in an oversized sweater that made his petite form seem even smaller, and he also wore simple skinny jeans that amplified the look. His mask was an intricate design of black, white, and silver that Sunhi envied. Why does he get the pretty mask? 

     "What do you need?" his brows furrowed when he realized nothing was wrong with his sister. She pouted and pointed at her head.

     "I can't decide what to do with my hair," Sunhi yelped, her struggle all too real to her brother. He laughed in that sweet voice of his as he approached the girl, pulling her into the bedroom. He got to work on her hair immediately. She started to giggle as well as the kitty worked with precision. "I'm lucky my brother is gay," she laughed, "or else I'd be doomed."

     "My uality has nothing to do with it. Taeil made a point to teach me how to make myself look presentable," Yukwon responded. Ever since he had gotten his hair cut months ago, Yukwon has wanted to make it look its best. He and Taeil stayed up for hours watching hair tutorials. He learned a thing or two during that time. He finished pinning his sister's pink locks in various ways before handing her the mask he chose for her. It was a simple white white pink swirls here and there that matched her current color obsession perfectly. She grinned as she slipped the mask on.

     Her dress was white as well. It was strapless and tight fitting on the top; the bottom half was all pink ruffles and fluffy. Her heels were white as well, with the same pink accents as the mask. She was like a living doll. They walked out of the bedroom and into the living room. Buffy was glaring at them with an adorable pout on his lips. He was not a senior like the rest of the kitty's friends, and none of them wanted to invite him to the dance. With these sad facts, he had to stay home. 

     Sun handed him her phone, giving him directions on how to take a picture with it. Yukwon rolled his eyes as he went to stand next to his sister. Buffy stuck his tongue out at them as he snapped the pictures; he tossed the phone back to Sunhi when he was done. She thanked him as Yukwon observed the shots. With how handsome he looked beside his sister, it was hard to imagine a time when no one liked him. He looked back at those days with a smile, surprisingly. While he could not stand the people at his school, their ignorance was not their fault.

     A knock on the door made the kitty jump. Sunhi dashed to open it, a blush dusting her cheeks as Lia stood in the doorway. Behind her was Ana and Jaehyo. All three of them looked ready to face the world, and Yukwon was excited to join them. "Sorry we're late," Lia mumbled, her eyes staring to her side. Sunhi laughed as she took the girl's chin in her fingers, turning her head to face her.

     "You look pretty," she complimented the younger girl before pecking her lips. Lia's face turned as dark a red as her dress as Ana coughed behind her. Guess she didn't know they were dating, Yukwon mused to himself as he rushed them all outside before turning to lock the door. They all situated themselves into Jaehyo's car; he was driving them. The drive to the party felt like an eternity. Ana was chastising Sunhi from the front seat - You should have told us you were dating! - as Lia conversed freely with the kitty.

     "Kinda funny, dontcha think?" Lia snickered as she watched Sunhi cower from Ana's scolding. He gave his friend a quizzical look so she could explain what she found amusing. "You did the same thing with us when you dated Ana. She didn't tell anyone, and yet here she is yelling at Sun."

     Yukwon did find it mildly entertaining. We have all changed so much since the time we all first met. "I helped Jaehyo spray cranberry juice on you at his party, and yet we're still friends. That's just as hilarious," he reminded her. Lia snorted, choosing to ignore that comment. Everyone's attention shifted to the school building as it came into view. The lights from the school gym shined brilliantly on the parking lot. Students laughed as they entered the building, all blissfully happy.

     Jaehyo parked and turned to his friend's with a goofy grin. "Let's go have fun, es!" he shouted as he snapped his mask on and hopped out the car. Yukwon began to crack up as he also exited the car. Jaehyo was already rushing Ana inside, and Sunhi was linking arms with Lia. "Yukwon!" a deep voice bellowed from a few cars back. The laughing teenager turned to see his other two friends rush up to him. They were in matching suits, their masks mirror images.

     "Nice mask, man," Taeil complimented him as they entered the school. Yukwon shrugged, adjusting the mask on his face. 

     "I thought it was a nice choice in colors," he admitted, ignoring Jihoon's arm resting on his shoulder. To think that these two were his first real friends all those months ago. After helping B-Bomb break Ana's heart, the nerd came to talk to him. Their friendship started shaky, and seemed to stay that way when Taeil stirred up a plan to make Ana break up with the kitty. Even though Yukwon has little trust in his nerdy friend now, he must admit it was the reason he started dating Minhyuk to begin with.

     The dance was alive with hormonal teenagers. Everyone was energetic and ecstatic. Yukwon felt his happiness building up inside him as he was pulled into the packed crowd by his friends. Ana shared a drink with Jaehyo; she seemed a lot more at peace with the boy than before. Whatever relationship kinks they had seemed to have been smoothed out. Zico had his arm around Kyung's waste, pecking his cheek in a chaste kiss. Yukwon expected this to happen, but the sight made him smile nonetheless. Taeil was being forced into dancing by Jihoon; they were both terrible at it, but neither seemed to care. Minhyuk loved dancing, Yukwon remembers. It was how he stayed so fit. 

     "Stop thinking about him," Lia slapped the back of his head. "Tonight is about us Yukwon. This dorky group of friends we have. Ease up a bit."

     Maybe it was her confident way of saying it - Lia always shined brighter when she showed her superiority - or the sheer joy all of them expressed. Whichever it was, Yukwon did as she said and eased up. He joined Taeil and Jihoon in dancing like a bunch of losers, laughing all the while. Lia is right, he thought to himself. Tonight is about Block B, the craziest group of friends there is. Tonight is about saying goodbye to high school and moving on.

     At least, he thought that. He really wanted to think that. He really wanted to think that, but the dimming lights around him changed his thoughts. The students stopped dancing and faced the stage at the end of the gym. "No ing way," Yukwon's hand covered his mouth as the tears started. "No ing way!"

     On the stage stood a teenage boy. His hair was a dark brown, almost black, and shaved on the sides. His face seemed more matured than he remembered it, and his suit was almost too professional. His smile was a lot prettier - Yukwon noted - as well as the gleam in his eyes. Everything hit him at once as Minhyuk adjusted the microphone.

     "Sorry to interrupt the dance, everyone. I'm looking for a boy you all might know. His name is Yukwon, but we all call him kitty. Can you help me find him?" Minhyuk's voice rushed over the crowd so easily. They all began their search, and, once they found him, started pointing animatedly at the kitty. Yukwon wanted to cry when he made eye contact with his boyfriend. "Thanks everyone," B-Bomb stepped off the stage and allowed the music to start up again. Minhyuk was taking quick steps to his boyfriend, and Yukwon was on the urge of screaming. He ran to older, jumping into his arms as soon as he was close enough.

     ", B!" he cried into the older's shoulder shaking form his sobs. "! God damnit!"

     Yukwon was incapable of forming complete sentences. Minhyuk laughed through his own tears, holding Yukwon as tightly as he could. "I'm so sorry, kitty. I'm so ing sorry. My father sent me to a private school. I graduated yesterday and came rushing home today as quick as I could," he tried to explain everything to his boyfriend, but Yukwon did not care. He did not care about anything except for the male in his arms.

     He gripped Minhyuk's face in his hands before kissing him as hard as he could manage. "I love you," Yukwon mumbled before kissing him again. Minhyuk laughed between their lips. "I love you, too," he reciprocated, kissing his boyfriend back.

     "Don't hog him!" Lia complained. She pulled the two apart and hugged her ex. She pretended to be tough, but her tears were obvious to anyone looking. Jihoon barreled over next, hugging both of them. Yukwon squeezed himself back in, Minhyuk's arm wrapping around his shoulders. Jaehyo and Taeil joined the hug next, as did ZIco and Kyung. Everyone was laughing and crying; it was a snotty mess of giggles. 

     When everyone calmed down, they went to go sit at a table a bit farther away form the lively party. "Where were you?" Lia snapped as soon as she sat down, wiping her tears away with anger. B-Bomb sighed, rubbing his temples.

     "When you told my father about how exuberantly gay I am, he shipped me off to a private school. I had to focus on my studies and I was not allowed contact with anyone outside of school. I was under isolation until yesterday. When I graduated I realized I had no reason to stay with my parents. This morning I told my family off for being small minded pieces of for parents. I packed my bags, and took a bus to kitty's house. My surprise when his brother tells me he's here. The rest is history."

     Yukwon huffed, scooting his chair closer to his boyfriend's. He grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. "How sweet. You came to me first," the kitty kissed Minhyuk's cheek. 

     "Of course I did. I couldn't stop thinking about you the entire time I was there. I felt sick to my stomach every night because of how much I missed you," Minhyuk gripped Yukwon's hand tighter. 

     Taeil gazed at them with all knowing eyes. He knew from the moment he met the kitty that he meant to be in their lives. He has brought joy to them, along with sadness and hope. The nerd thought his senior year was going to be just like the rest of the years. He'd go to school, take notes, do homework, and repeat the process. 

     What the nerd thought was the complete opposite of what happened. He comforted a hurt kitten. He snapped pictures of a cranberry juice drenched Lia. He became an evil mastermind with his plan to make Ana cheat on Yukwon so they broke up. He was thought of as a cupid when the kitty and the jerk finally began to date. He witnessed a protective Jaehyo over his girlfriend, and a jealous B-Bomb over his boyfriend. He saw a become a blushing sweetheart, and experienced siblings learn to overcome their differences. He also convinced Jihoon to move in with him, a dream he's had since he first met him.

     It was a year of ups and downs, of running after things they never thought they wanted.

     They all spent a year chasing after what they could not have.

      However, they ended the year with exactly what they wanted.

_______________

I'm actually crying! Guys, I'm for real bawling my eyes out right now!  Holy , I didn't know I would cry over this XD Ah geez, guys. This is it. This is the end. Minhyuk came back, and everyone was at peace again. Yukwon had B-Bomb. Taeil had Jihoon. Lia had Sunhi. Ana had Jaehyo. Zico had Kyung. All of these dorks came out with a happy ending, gosh. Someone save me, the tears won't stop (;_;)

I love ya'll, you know that? I really, really, really, really, really love you guys. Without all your comments this story would never have came this far. TWO YEAR! GO LOOK AT WHEN THIS WAS PUBLISHED! You can definitely see my writing style develop as the chapters go on. I grew with this story, and now I don't want it to end XD

I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!! Seriously, so much love.

And it has finally come time for me to ask. Upvotes? Now that the story has concluded, I feel like it is safe to ask for those now. 

But no fear, ya'll. After this will be the epilogue, and maybe an author's note directly after. Then I'M WRITING THE SEQUEL! WHOOOO! YASSS! SEQUELS FOR THE WIN, YO!!!!

I love all of you.

Seriously.

I'm still crying.

(also ended with the same gif I started with because I'm such a sap.)

You high fives! Thank you for reading!

Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna