The Dealer

Chasing What You Can Not Have

     Yukwon picked at his cake in the cafe with his fork as the events that just happened ran through his mind. Minhyuk was not completely evil, right? He restrained himself from hurting that nerd. This was an improvement, right? Maybe what that jerk actually meant was that Yukwon needed to keep stopping him from doing those things. Either way, the red head planned on stopping Minhyuk in every way he could. Yukwon's thoughts were interrupted when a female sat in front of him. He looked up to see the reason he has been so depressed.

     "Hey! Yukwon right? I wanted to talk about the other day," the girl mumbled, playing with her fingers. His eyes widened and he nodded. "I wanted to apologize for that. The way he said it made me believe he liked you. I had no clue that was going to happen to you!"

     She smiled widely after he said that. "That's good. I wanted to be friends with you. You don't know how relieved I am that you didn't mean that," she stated, excitement evident in her voice. Her elated vibes were making even Yukwon want to grin. The two sat there talking for a good amount of time. The red head even surprised himself with his ability to converse so easily now compared to when he first met Taeil and Jihoon. It was a refreshing conversation that was much needed to Yukwon. He even found himself splitting his cake with the girl. It was not until the cake was finished that the girl's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh my! I almost forgot to tell you my name. It's Ana."

     "That's a pretty name. I don't get why Minhyuk did not want you. Your obviously kind, your smart, pretty. How was that other girl your best friend? She is so...evil," Yukwon asked, not understanding the jerk's choices at all. Ana blushed deeply at the boy's compliments. Yukwon found that to be absolutely adorable and his smile made her blush deeper. This is when his two friends walked in and sat at the table with them. Wanting to sit together, they forced Ana to go sit with Yukwon. "We were wondering where you were. We should have known you would be here," Jihoon told him. The red head shrugged and saw that his friends were curious about the girl before him.

     "Oh! Taeil, Jihoon this is Ana. Ana, these are my best friends," he introduced them. Ana nodded and gave them a shy smile. Apparently, Yukwon was not the only one who adored this cafe, for Minhyuk and his buddies decided to come in as well. They took the same table across from them, the disgusting girl still clinging to Minhyuk. She glared at Ana as she sat down. "You really come here too much, don;t you kitty?" Minhyuk asked him.

     Yukwon huffed and glared at him. "Me? You come here just as much. Stop trying to make me look like the weird one," he defended himself. The jerk's eyes shifted from Yukwon to the girl beside him. He scoffed and raised his eyebrows at her. "And what are you doing here? Came to mess with Kitty too?"

     The red head disliked that statement very much. He quickly put his arm around the girl and pulled her closer to him. Ana blushed even deeper, but went along with Yukwon's act. "And what is so wrong with her being with me? Some people are actually nice B-Bomb. Not everyone is as selfish as you," Yukwon told him. The jerk rolled his eyes. "I may be selfish but your an outcast. You think they really want to be your friends? It's out of pity! They feel bad for you. Are you blind or just that stupid? No, you're not stupid. You're naive and gullible. No one here actually likes you, you little loner. So, like I said earlier, stop acting high and mighty."

      Against the poor kitty's will, his eyes began to water. He quickly grabbed his stuff and dashed away from that table. No matter how much he wanted to tell Minhyuk he was wrong, that his friends cared about him, Yukwon had no real evidence of that. He was hated his entire life. He was looked down upon, and made fun of. People because they had the ability to, and he was dropped to the bottom of the social pyramid. He did not run too far, just around the corner, and decided to just wait out the day on the steps to the public library. He took in a deep breath and replayed the events. In an attempt to protect Ana he had only got himself injured and left her alone. He was an awful friend. He was so lost in his self pity that he had not noticed his three 'friends' sitting next to him. 

     "Stop, Yukwon. He is a jerk. Nothing he said is true. We love you. Your like a brother to me now. I know too much about you to consider you a 'loner' anymore," Taeil told him, hugging him tightly. Jihoon nodded in agreement, and Ana rested her hand on his arm. The red head grinned, but did not fully buy it. He loved them, do not get him wrong, but they were still too new in his life. He will learn to trust them someday, but that will not happen right now. His pride was too injured to trust anyone at that moment, even himself. He appreciated it either way.

     "Thanks guys," the sad red head mumbled, causing Taeil to hug him stronger. The four relaxed in that spot for a good minute talking about the random things in life, anything to distract themselves from that little moment in the cafe. They moved around a lot on the steps, switching around seating arrangements until Yukwon and Ana were beside each other on the higher step while Jihoon and Taeil resided on the lower. If they did not know any better, people would think Yukwon and Ana were shamelessly flirting. That terrified Taeil because his precious kitten was too innocent to be with a girl just yet. Because of this, he called it a day for everyone.

     "We should all head back home. It's getting way too late for it's own good. Come on Ana, we will walk you home. Can you make it back on your own Yukwon?" Taeil asked, being worries as ever for the red head. Yukwon nodded and hugged them all goodbye. He sighed and decided to go to the park for the rest of the day. He took a seat on the swing again and strictly forced himself not to fall asleep again. Out of the corner of his eye, a certain blonde appeared. The jerk took the swing beside Yukwon but did not say anything.

     The two swung in silence for what Yukwon thought was fifteen minutes when the jerk finally spoke up. "I told you before, I'm an a**. I try so hard to be nice but my anger gets the better of me and I say douche things. So...I'm sorry for what I said at the cafe. It is so obvious those guys care for you more than my friends care for me. You're not that bad kitty. I'm just a jerk. So please don't think bad of me. Whatever you're doing kitty is helping me with my anger, so keep being annoying alright?" Minhyuk went on and on. Yukwon found himself laughing, getting a "what?" from the jerk.

     "Nothing. I promise I won't stop being annoying, but you have to promise to try to be nice to me. If you are a jerk with me I will stop stopping you. Kay?" Yukwon tried to bargain. Minhyuk nodded and stood. He walked over to Yukwon and stood in front of him. Yukwon felt his breath cut once again as the jerk's hand slid down his side, but quickly returned when he grabbed his phone out his pocket. He took the head phones off and handed the phone back. "Let's make this a bit more fair. You are my slave or else these burn. If I am a douche and ruin your life further, you are allowed to slap me to your heart's content. Kay?"

      Yukwon huffed but nodded in agreement anyway. Doing as he said would be easy right? "First order! Get me coffee for school tomorrow morning. Otherwise I can't function. Got it?" Yukwon nodded again and stood as well. He playfully punched Minhyuk's arm as he went back home.

     That night he got to really thinking. Minhyuk was a douchebag, but he wanted friends. He is irrational, and stubborn but always goes out of his way to apologize. Now Yukwon, the loner kitty, is this jerk's slave until God knows when to help him approve his social skills on both sides. Minhyuk needed to be nicer and Yukwon needed to be more open. Yukwon sighed as thoughts about his first order. Did he think he was rich? Yukwon could not afford that good of coffee, but not as much as he could not afford to get his headphones burned. He flipped over and groaned into his pillow. Curse that jerk.

     "We r goin to study at the library tomorrow morning. Wanna come?-T

     "Can't. I am meeting up with B-Bomb tomorrow.-Y

     "Rly now? Ok. Tell me when ur free then.-T

     Yukwon sighed and drifted into sleep. His dreams were the same wishes for happiness as they have always been. It is like he is living a separate life in his dreams, a world of happiness and content. It is a personality he wants but may not have, with people and emotions he yearns for. Perhaps Minhyuk could offer him said happiness?

     His buzzing phone is what woke him up that morning. He groggily sat up and unlocked his phone, seeing three new messages. One was from Jihoon.

     "Hey! Taeil told me u couldnt make it. Text me when you can, kay?-J

     Another was from Ana.

     "Morning =P Sleep well? Let's hang out after school today!-A 

     And, surprisingly, Minhyuk sent the last one.

     "Don't forget my coffee. Meet me at the bench near the tree that you like to sit in. Don't make me wait too long, slave!-M

     Yukwon glared grumpily at the phone before standing and getting ready for the day. His mother was already at work, so he will have to pick up some coffee as well at the store. He sighed as he zipped his jacket and almost had a heart attack when he could not find his headphones. This is when he remembered every last bit of their deal. Minhyuk is a jerk. The red head set off for the store. buying the two coffees, and making his way to the fore spoken bench. Yukwon did not even notice the harsh jokes around him as he focused on getting to his destination.

     He seemed to have arrived first, so the red head decided to wait for the jerk to show up. He took a seat and began to quietly sip on his own coffee. Do not make him wait too long? Yukwon was the one having to sit patiently for the jerk to arrive. He sighed and instantly yearned to have his headphones to listen to his music, but a certain someone stole them. The red head felt like an idiot for making that deal with him. It led to him turning down his closest friends to hang out with a douche who obviously did not care about him. Right when the boy was about to leave, a handsome Minhyuk walked up and sat next to him.

     "Sorry about being late. Obsessive girlfriends and everything," he moaned, taking his coffee out of Yukwon's hand. The red head was amazed as he stared at the rude monster before him.

     "Did the almighty Minhyuk just apologize to me? It seems your already changing," Yukwon laughed, raising his brows at the player. Minhyuk glared at him and chugged down the caffeine quickly. "Whatever. Let's go."

     "Go where?" Yukwon asked out of curiosity. Minhyuk only gave him a smirk and walked off expecting him to follow. The red head sighed and trailed after him. They had fifty two minutes before class started, so Yukwon prayed whatever it is did not take too long. They trailed deep into the school, into a hallway that was no longer used. They entered the old teacher's lounge, and Yukwon discovered a whole group of people chilling. He identified them as people from Minhyuk's little posse. Kyung, Zico, and even Jaehyo. The 'obsessive girlfriend' rested on one of the couches, texting madly into her phone. Jaehyo walked over and messed with Yukwon's hair as he said hey.

     "Why the heck did you bring me here, exactly?" the red head asked Minhyuk. The douche shrugged and looked like he honestly had no clue why. "I figured you would like to know where I will be most of the time whenever I call you over. Easier this way for me because picking a place to meet up is too much work," he replied, pulling off an I'm-too-lazy-to-care expression. Yukwon rolled his eyes and went to go sit down with Jaehyo.Minhyuk's girlfriend was shooting murderous glances at Yukwon every once and a while when she took the times to peel her eyes off her phone.

     "So what exactly is going down between you and B-Bomb? You two seem a lot closer than your letting off," Jaehyo interrogated. Yukwon felt his cheeks begin to get warm. He took a deep breath before they turned to noticeable a red. "Nothing is 'going down'. He has my headphones as hostage so I am forced to do what he wants. It's not like I"m gay or something. Poor guy just lives a tough life, and I pity him a little," the red head replied.

     Minhyuk's crazy girlfriend suddenly stomped her foot, getting their attention. "It would not matter if you were gay either way. My love is straight. You can obviously tell because he likes woman. Woman like me," she huffed. Jaehyo's eyes widened. "Y-you're a female?" he asked in mock surprise.Yukwon's loud laughs (he attempted to keep it in but it spilled out before he could cover his mouth) caught everyone's attention.

     "What is so funny?" Zico asked, raising a singular brow. Kyung glanced over at us with the same inquiring expression.

     "The girl in front of me thinks I'm manly," she growled. Kyung asked a quiet 'which one?to which she answered both. The red head was used to being called feminine, but Jaehyo seemed enraged by the comment. "Lots of girls are in love with me. At least I have multiples and not some jerk who uses me," Jaehyo spilled out in all his anger.This caught Minhyuk's attention.

     "Who said I'm using her? She isn't Yukwon, Jaehyo. She is my girlfriend, and even though we fight we still love each other. Stop being an over sensitive a**wipe," the douche told his friend. The kitty did not bother saying anything in that moment. He was too lost in his own world. He had hoped he and Minhyuk could become great friends, but it seems the player still looks to Yukwon as a personal slave. The red head had to bite his tongue real hard to avoid yelling at the jerk for being so mean. To think he just blushed over that guy. 

     "You're right Minhyuk," Yukwon whispered, stopping everyone in their argument, making them all look at the lost cat. "You are an a**."

     The douche seemed confused at first, not understanding what the red head meant. This is when he realized what he had just told Jaehyo. His expression bounced from understanding to emotionless so fast. "You just realizing this kitty? You know what? Leave. I wanted to show you the place, but now you can go. I'll text if I need you; though, I doubt that will be any time soon. Get out of my sight, little kitty cat. This place is for the big dogs, no room for little felines," he spat.

     Yukwon stood and took the walk of embarrassment, trying not to cringe at the sound of the jerk's girlfriend laughing her head off. Jaehyo tried to say something to stop him, but in the end he was faithful to B-Bomb. He passed Taeil, Jihoon, and Ana in the hall. They asked if he had just came from the hangout spot and why he was leaving, but he just shook his head and responded with a, "Go ask them yourself."

    The teasing seemed lifeless to the red head now as he walked down the hall. None of it hurt as bad as the pain of having people he thought he could trust throw him out so easily. This was a violation to their deal-

     The deal. Of course! Yukwon dashed back the the hangout spot and stomped right up to Minhyuk. His expression was annoyed. An aggravated what? barely managed to escape his lips as Yukwon arm raised. His hand balled up into a fist and he punched the douche as hard as he could manage with the little strength he had.

     He shook his hand with a mental, that is so going to bruise later. "You said if you ever act like a jerk I have permission to hit you. So stop whining," Yukwon took the initiative to be the douche in the situation. Minhyuk was momentarily rubbing his jaw, that was now swelling up. "I said to slap me, not punch me. GOD YUKWON! This hurts like HECK!"

     The depressing situation was presently gone as the red head laughed at the other's misfortune. "I would apologize, but you deserved it. Now, class is going to begin in six minutes. I suggest we all start heading out now, unless you plan on skipping," he aimed this part at Zico and Kyung, before continuing. "Come on Minhyukkie. We have first period together."

     Yukwon grabbed the wrist of the hand he was not cradling his chin with and dragged the douche with him to class.He laughed as the jerk tried to pull away but gave up when he discovered Yukwon was a lot stronger than he let people see. He may not be gay, but he did care deeply for Minhyuk. Was that a crime?

_______________________________________

Soooooo.......... That happened. I started writing this chapter a while ago and finished it today. I have no clue what I originally planned for it, but I am pretty sure it was not this. That fight? Never meant to happen. Yukwon admitting he cares for him? Did not even expect that. His girlfriend being a douche and Jaehyo yelling at her? Well the girlfriend part is expected, but my Jae Baby was never meant to get offended like that =P I might do B-Bomb point of view next chapter, or Taeil. One or the other. I want you guys to see how other people view him, and not just his own self evaluation. Taeil would be more of a how society see him, but B-Bomb is more of a "What in the hey hey is this boy doing to me?" sorta thing. I dunno. I want both kinda.

ALSO!! I want Taepyo in this because I have hinted mad hard at it throughout the chapters and stuffers. I have plans for all my pairings in here actually. (Ana is going to be a bigger nuisance than you think). But enough of that nonsense. This is a lot more depressing than planned. I wanted a cheerful story, but this is what I am giving you. I'm sorry guys. I must at happiness because I write about a lot of depression. 

THAT ASIDE! <you>you high five! Thank you for reading this!

Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna